There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Credits to Sarita Subramaniam.

It is the survival of the fittest and the primordial need to father one’s own progeny, but it’s so heart wrenching to see Munna as a scheming and vicious killer.

Munna killed, predictably, the male cub of the Kopedabri female, a cub that he had not fathered. She literally fought tooth and nail like only a mother would, to protect her cubs, inflicting injury on the bigger and more powerful Munna. Yet, the ageing, Munna overpowered her, killed the cub and in the supreme air of dominance known only to the ruler of the jungle, ate the torso of the cub. 
For three long days, the indomitable Kopedabri female (T-59) continuously followed him , fending off Munna’s aggression to keep her other cub safe. Only after she managed to drive Munna (T-17) out of her territory did she relax a bit, though she obviously continues to fiercely guard her surviving cub.
God bless the surviving cub and his Super Mom, the Kopedabri female.

Everyone who loves Munna will find it disturbing to see him next to the mutilated innocent cub. Yet, this is the law of the jungle and we need to accept it.
What is unacceptable, however is the lawless killing of tigers by humans: by poisoning, poaching, hunting, electrocution, speeding vehicles and trains, and the biggest killer of them all- habitat loss.

Long live the King! Long live Munna!

Images- Sanjay Shukla , Field Director, Kanha Tiger Reserve.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Aside of the obvious fem-centered tale of the events, I'm glad to see the old man doing fine. I'm pretty certain no female will be "driving him off her territory", rather he did his job and walked out as he has always done.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Pawan Jaiswal Pench
Tarjan male 

December 2017

Ram Kumar Yadav Kanha
M-1

27 December 2017

Nagzira Amit Dongre
Today evening safari 

Tiger sighting at new nagzira 

Chorkhamara gate 

with Chetan Jasani
Nagzira nawegaon tiger reserve

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

The Panna Male from Bandhavgarh, check his head on compared to CM. 

5 users Like Pckts's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(12-31-2017, 12:41 AM)Pckts Wrote: The Panna Male from Bandhavgarh, check his head on compared to CM. 

He's magnificent. Do you know who's his father?
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

@Tshokwane 
He trekked all the way from panna to bandhavgarh so his lineage is unknown to me.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(12-31-2017, 06:16 AM)Pckts Wrote: He trekked all the way from panna to bandhavgarh so his lineage is unknown to me.

Thank you, he's still magnificent. He'll be making quite a name for himself there, and then with a bit of luck we'll be talking that he was the father of such and such tiger.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

here this should help

Now the suspense is over. The T71 of Bandhavgarh is none other than P213-21. I am only posting the conclusion with photograhs. Any one requiring the detailed report may sms or mail me for the detailed report. Jai Hind. Jai Sherkhan. Jai Panna (People and Tigers)
Now a serious business of T71’s identification: 

Luckily I got the frontal, right and left flank pics of 2015 (at Panna) and 2017 (at Bandhavgargh) left flank belongs to Akhilvijay Singh, the right flank credit goes to Sandeep Dutta as the photos claim. Still I am not sure to whom the frontal view belongs to?

Based on the facial marking and stripe pattern I have identified 7 unique markings of this tiger in question and numbered them accordingly.  2015 (May and October) photographs at Panna Tiger Reserve and 2017 (June) photographs of the same individual at Bandhavgargh Tiger Reserve are depicted and these unique marking match with each other perfectly and the tiger in question. The tiger identification is  not a rocket science, it is a common sense. What all you need is to maintain a perfect photographic library of the tigers you have. If you have more resources you may maintain the genetic profile, which may be cost prohibitive and may not require for simple management of tiger population dynamics of Tiger at India as on date.

Thus, T71 of Bandhavgargh is here by identified as P213-21 of Panna Tiger Reserve. This male tiger is the first son (male tiger) of P213’s (T2’s third daughter (female tiger) of her first litter) second litter. His Birth date is 5.12.2014 as per the monitoring records maintained by MPFD and FD, Panna TR. 

4. Conclusion:  Anant (No Beginning no End) Bahubali 1 and Bahubali 2 of Panna:

Now comes the question of Bahubali The Begining and Bahubali 2.  Bahubali: The Beginning  (Movie) appeared on World Motion Picture arena in 2015 and P212 started  migrating to find other tiger source population in Feb 2015 and finally could not reach either Bandhavgarh or Sanjay TRs on its own due to various anthropogenic issues. Then He was helped by Panna, Bandhvgarh and Sanjay Tiger Resrve Teams to him to reach Sanjay TR, where he fathered a litter with a resident tiger and later died. At that time I named P212 as Bahubali of Panna.  (Shall we call him Amarendra Bahubali.) Now this P213-21 steered through all the hurdles  without anyone’s aide and reached Bandhavgarh and hope he will fight it out with Ballaladev’s of Bandhavgarh and I here with name him                  Bahubali 2. And I name him Amarendra Bahubali.... Bhali Bhali Bahli Bhali raa Bhali Saho re Bahubali...Jaya Haarati neeke kottali , Bhuvana lanni Jai kottali, Gananale Chatram Pattali...(Insert the song from the film if you want and elevate nature loving people around including yourselves. Yes I am hearing the title song from Bahubali 2 and on cloud 9)  Panna Tigers Jindabad...Panna and Tiger People Jindabad....

Bhopal,
12.06.2017 R.Sreenivasa Murthy, 
Jai Hind.

camera trapped at Chattol village, beat-Rampur (C.NO.P883) kalda forest range, South Panna forest division.

as a cub in Panna, 2015.

June 2017 in Bandhavgarh.

map showing the migration, not the exact route.

date of birth of T71 is 05/12/2013.

credits to Rangaiah Sreenivasa Murthy, field director of Panna.
7 users Like Roflcopters's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Thank you very much for that bit of info, @Roflcopters , it's much appreciated.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Pench 2008-09,

Panna 2008-09,

3 users Like parvez's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 04:28 PM by Roflcopters )

@parvez 

I checked Madla and Hairyfoot's side profile just in case you got the year wrong, both didnt match. also tried checking Brokentooth but i couldnt get a clear shot of his side profile. pause at 00:20. I dont think the stripes on the rear legs match. 

given that it's 2008-2009 and the facial marking (not clear) Its almost certainly M62. M62 had a huge head, small tail and he had the letter "6" on top of his left eye and a "2" on top of his right eye. looking at the blurry picture and his structure. It is M62. he dissappeared in 2009.

http://www.environmentportal.in/files/Panna.pdf

check the pdf, male displayed on top of the page is M62. page 14 reveals when Hairyfoot fell to his death by falling in a well, year 2003 and M62 dissappearance in 2009.

great find once again, one of the rarest picture out there before the original Panna population went extinct. tfs
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

(01-02-2018, 04:09 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: @parvez 

I checked Madla and Hairyfoot's side profile just in case you got the year wrong, both didnt match. also tried checking Brokentooth but i couldnt get a clear shot of his side profile. pause at 00:20. I dont think the stripes on the rear legs match. 

given that it's 2008-2009 and the facial marking (not clear) Its almost certainly M62. M62 had a huge head, small tail and he had the letter "6" on top of his left eye and a "2" on top of his right eye. looking at the blurry picture and his structure. It is M62. he dissappeared in 2009.

http://www.environmentportal.in/files/Panna.pdf

check the pdf, male displayed on top of the page is M62. page 14 reveals when Hairyfoot fell to his death by falling in a well, year 2003 and M62 dissappearance in 2009.

great find once again, one of the rarest picture out there before the original Panna population went extinct. tfs

Thanks for recognizing him roflcopters, who can forget those good old days of madla, hairyfoot, B2, bokha and panna tigers. Still they are fresh in my memory, the way I tried to calculate their weights and that side right profile of M62 picture and all. i can never forget all this stuff. I am glad that i found the picture of M62 after long time, but i was unable to recognize him. As you confirmed that he is not broken tooth he must be most certainly M62. I had old pictures of M62 and a video where he was running away from water where he was resting when the tourists were trying to film him. He was scared that time. But unfortunately my hard disk was formatted. Other wise i would have posted all of them here.
1 user Likes parvez's post

anand3690 Away
आनंद

(12-31-2017, 06:17 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: here this should help

Now the suspense is over. The T71 of Bandhavgarh is none other than P213-21. I am only posting the conclusion with photograhs. Any one requiring the detailed report may sms or mail me for the detailed report. Jai Hind. Jai Sherkhan. Jai Panna (People and Tigers)
Now a serious business of T71’s identification: 

Luckily I got the frontal, right and left flank pics of 2015 (at Panna) and 2017 (at Bandhavgargh) left flank belongs to Akhilvijay Singh, the right flank credit goes to Sandeep Dutta as the photos claim. Still I am not sure to whom the frontal view belongs to?

Based on the facial marking and stripe pattern I have identified 7 unique markings of this tiger in question and numbered them accordingly.  2015 (May and October) photographs at Panna Tiger Reserve and 2017 (June) photographs of the same individual at Bandhavgargh Tiger Reserve are depicted and these unique marking match with each other perfectly and the tiger in question. The tiger identification is  not a rocket science, it is a common sense. What all you need is to maintain a perfect photographic library of the tigers you have. If you have more resources you may maintain the genetic profile, which may be cost prohibitive and may not require for simple management of tiger population dynamics of Tiger at India as on date.

Thus, T71 of Bandhavgargh is here by identified as P213-21 of Panna Tiger Reserve. This male tiger is the first son (male tiger) of P213’s (T2’s third daughter (female tiger) of her first litter) second litter. His Birth date is 5.12.2014 as per the monitoring records maintained by MPFD and FD, Panna TR. 

4. Conclusion:  Anant (No Beginning no End) Bahubali 1 and Bahubali 2 of Panna:

Now comes the question of Bahubali The Begining and Bahubali 2.  Bahubali: The Beginning  (Movie) appeared on World Motion Picture arena in 2015 and P212 started  migrating to find other tiger source population in Feb 2015 and finally could not reach either Bandhavgarh or Sanjay TRs on its own due to various anthropogenic issues. Then He was helped by Panna, Bandhvgarh and Sanjay Tiger Resrve Teams to him to reach Sanjay TR, where he fathered a litter with a resident tiger and later died. At that time I named P212 as Bahubali of Panna.  (Shall we call him Amarendra Bahubali.) Now this P213-21 steered through all the hurdles  without anyone’s aide and reached Bandhavgarh and hope he will fight it out with Ballaladev’s of Bandhavgarh and I here with name him                  Bahubali 2. And I name him Amarendra Bahubali.... Bhali Bhali Bahli Bhali raa Bhali Saho re Bahubali...Jaya Haarati neeke kottali , Bhuvana lanni Jai kottali, Gananale Chatram Pattali...(Insert the song from the film if you want and elevate nature loving people around including yourselves. Yes I am hearing the title song from Bahubali 2 and on cloud 9)  Panna Tigers Jindabad...Panna and Tiger People Jindabad....

Bhopal,
12.06.2017 R.Sreenivasa Murthy, 
Jai Hind.

camera trapped at Chattol village, beat-Rampur (C.NO.P883) kalda forest range, South Panna forest division.

as a cub in Panna, 2015.

June 2017 in Bandhavgarh.

map showing the migration, not the exact route.

date of birth of T71 is 05/12/2013.

credits to Rangaiah Sreenivasa Murthy, field director of Panna.

Please see if this is relevant.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tigerofk...237739617/

P212 was born in 2010 to the Indri Tigress who was trans-located to Panna in 2009 & believed to have been sired by T-3, the Male brought in from Pench

Regrds,

Anand
1 user Likes anand3690's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

I am certain the first tiger seen here is M62. @Roflcopters 

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 07:36 PM by Roflcopters )

@anand3690 

Hi Anand, p212 cubs were actually sired by M62 or another original male of Panna and Indri Tigress. "Sunalroamin" of Wildlife Institute of India and (CCMB) centre of cellular and molecular biology confirmed this after dna testing.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-modern-...ers?page=8

check post #111

https://m.timesofindia.com/home/environm...283203.cms

Dna testing revelation.

@parvez 

In the beginning of the video, she said something along the lines of unnis december doh hazar panch. 19/Dec/2005 or 29/Dec/2005. I checked his facial stripes and the stomach region. It's for sure Madla. feel free to double check.

Madla.
3 users Like Roflcopters's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Thanks for correction @Roflcopters I was mistaken by pseudo 2 marks on left side of the face.