There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(02-26-2020, 11:34 AM)Hello Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:51 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

big boy not a bad looking captive bengal

@Rage2277 Are you sure that he is a pure bengal considering there are no bengals outside India except for pakistan and nepal
wouldn't doubt there's some admixture,but to be honest he looks more bengal than anything else the face the body,the head,the stripes even the coloration
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 06:13 AM by Dark Jaguar )

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 11:44 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Brothers playing. These Kids are enjoying themselves.

1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Amur Tiger at the Bronx zoo
1 user Likes Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

David Yarrow: " Basic Instinct.⁣⁣

⁣⁣Vayetse is probably the most handsome of Kevin Richardson’s lions and certainly the most famous. This image, taken in a flooded grassland after summer rains, is the strongest I have taken of him for a few years. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣The key was to be low to the lion, close to the lion and yet safe. This mandate would not therefore have been for everyone. Lying in water a foot deep inside a metal cage in an African swamp is not for the precious, but it was my only option. My legs itched for days after, but I guess that was a small price to pay for this image.⁣⁣
⁣⁣It is important in these types of portraits for the eye contact of the lion to be emphatic. If the lion is not looking at me, the power of the image is materially reduced. It will be his eyes that tell us that Vayetse is focused, alert and on the hunt. That “Basic Instinct” was the narrative I was looking for and it is not always easy with a lion.⁣⁣
⁣⁣I am reminded that the eye is the window to the soul. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

bigcatlover Offline

This nigga lucky af
1 user Likes bigcatlover's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 02:19 PM by Dark Jaguar )

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

India Hello Offline

Huge 44 inch tall tiger Gamin

2 users Like Hello's post

Wildanimal Lover

Kevin Richardson: " Trusting and developing relationships with animals has always come easier to me than trusting and developing relationships with people. Animals, yes even wild ones, have no hidden agendas, unlike their fellow human cohabitants. Which one is more likely to turn on you and therefore which one is more dangerous I ask? "

Kevin Richardson: " This lion is called Bobcat. To say he has touched many people around the world’s hearts is an understatement. Would I say he’s helped spread the message about the plight of both captive and wild lions? Most definitely. Does this give him conservation value? I’d say so. Unfortunately there are so many who still regurgitate the rhetoric that ‘captive lions have no conservation value.’ It would be nice is they uttered something more imaginative. Have Bobcat and the other animals in the sanctuary taught you anything about conservation? "

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 03:02 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Interesting playing skirmish, that male jag standing to try to find an opening and control the situation over the female resembles a little the tiger's fighting style.

1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

This Nandankanan zoo lion looks cool.

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

Romania ApexKing17 Offline

1 user Likes ApexKing17's post

India Hello Offline

Aslan's father Tau at 265 kg

1 user Likes Hello's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

17 year old Apollo
3 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

Alex Mustard: " Flourishing corals and top predators. The Jardines de la Reina National Park does a great job looking after the whole reef food chain. Great to see. Sharing pictures while I am the only one here and the internet connection actually works! "