There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

another amur male, not my photo

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

subadult amur, son of Igor, not my photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 11:17 PM by Amnon242 )

Prime asiatic, 7yo. My photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Thats him again. My photo. He is rather small, I would estimate him to be around 160 kg, if not less...He is clearly smaller than his predecessor (also asiatic) who was 178 kg in his prime.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

My photo. 14yo (I think). He lost his fangs and quite a lot of muscles. He is still impressive, but only a shadow of what he used to be. I saw him many times and I could observe his decline over the years.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

My photo, same tiger when he was 8yo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

And yet another photo of Paris. 8yo, around 220 kg weighted (according to waht the breeder told me in persona in 2013...it was in accordance with my own estimate), pure muscle. My photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 07:52 PM by Amnon242 )

This is different male. 6yo and obviously bigger than Paris...by quite a margin. I saw him in persona couple of times. Not my photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Same male. This time my photo. Pure muscle. They had also an amur male who was even bigger. But that amur had to translocated to another facility, with better equipment for safety reasons. He managed to enter another enclosure and killed another animal. His behavoiour changed a lot sice then and he became really dangerous. Unfortunaltely I dont have good photo of that amur.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

This is amur male, 4,5 yo. According to my estimate of average size...so around 200 kg.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Same animal, this time my photo. 4yo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(03-15-2020, 05:16 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 05:14 PM)Amnon242 Wrote: New Delhi zoo...

Is that Vijay?.. The one that killed the guy who jumped into his enclosure in 2014?

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/ti...2014-09-23

I dont know

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Father of Igor from zoo Amneville (France). According to breeder, he is obviously bigger than Igor

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

this should be Igor (not my photo)

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Igor again, not my photo

Attached Files Image(s)