There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrannosaurus rex

China Smilodon-Rex Offline

Does every one knows that why some of my pictures in Wild Fact were greatly narrowed?
@GrizzlyClaws , @peter , @sanjay
1 user Likes Smilodon-Rex's post

(12-03-2018, 11:03 AM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 10:52 AM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote: Rexy in Jurassic World was 13.4 meters, but in Jurassic Park just 12.1 meters

13.4 meters is an exageration and probably based in the incorrect previous length of AMNH 5027. The length of 12.1 m is the accurate one. In fact, as far I remember, the huge animatronic of "Rexy" measured 12 meters.
13.4 meters is official number of Jurassic World I remember, compared with 20 years ago, Rexy has becoming more longer and heavier
1 user Likes Smilodon-Rex's post

*This image is copyright of its original author

Tyrannosaurus rex's image design in Dinosaur Revolution,the gray male called ''Stumpy'' while the red male called ''Jack'', the female called''Tinkerbelle'',as a matter of fact, Tyrannosaurus rex was more likely to live like what Dinosaur Revolution has showed, a couple of male and female would defended their territory and rose their kids together, they had a strong and loyal connection with each other like modern eagle, the similar behavior also like Buck and Doe showed in Jurassic Park II 

6 users Like Smilodon-Rex's post

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators

(12-04-2018, 06:07 PM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote: Does every one knows that why some of my pictures in Wild Fact were greatly narrowed?
@GrizzlyClaws , @peter , @sanjay

Maybe the size of the pictures were too big, hence it got compressed.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(12-04-2018, 06:31 PM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote: 13.4 meters is official number of Jurassic World I remember, compared with 20 years ago, Rexy has becoming more longer and heavier

Actually I found the problem. When the original book Jurassic Park was done, they based "Rexy" in the T. rex from the American Musuem specimen, which in that moment measured almoust 14 meters long thanks to an incorrect reconstruction of very long tail. Altough in the book I don't remember any part mentioning the size of the T. rex (yes, I read the book), in Jurassic World it was stated that "Rexy" was about 12 meters long.

In a book about how the Jurassic Park movie was done, it says that the animatronic of the T. rex measured around 12 meters long, which make more sence than the incorrect figure of 14 meters often quoted in the old dinosaur books.
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert
( This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM by Kingtheropod )

(12-05-2018, 11:02 AM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:31 PM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote: 13.4 meters is official number of Jurassic World I remember, compared with 20 years ago, Rexy has becoming more longer and heavier

Actually I found the problem. When the original book Jurassic Park was done, they based "Rexy" in the T. rex from the American Musuem specimen, which in that moment measured almoust 14 meters long thanks to an incorrect reconstruction of very long tail. Altough in the book I don't remember any part mentioning the size of the T. rex (yes, I read the book), in Jurassic World it was stated that "Rexy" was about 12 meters long.

In a book about how the Jurassic Park movie was done, it says that the animatronic of the T. rex measured around 12 meters long, which make more sence than the incorrect figure of 14 meters often quoted in the old dinosaur books.

Well technically, the measurements quoted from Jurassic Park of 13-14 m may not be out of possibility. If UCMP 137538 or MOR 008 is as big as estimated, that could put tyrannosaurus maximum size range in that 14 m mark.

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/topic/44509
4 users Like Kingtheropod's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

14 meters is equal to

45.93 feet
3 users Like brotherbear's post

Panther Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 09:10 PM by Panther )

Tyrannosaurus rex

Yet, many sites trying to underrate the sizes of the giant Tyrannosaurus rex(the king of dinosaurs). I found this study giving some clear data on size of these monsters…
"Body masses and COM positions
Table 6 shows our results for our five whole-body models. For
the four adult Tyrannosaurus models we obtained a wide range of
body masses and COM positions because our methodology
purposefully produced wide ‘‘error bars.’’ We expanded our range
of models to extremes that we qualitatively consider to be too
skinny, too fat, or too disproportionate.
We did this with the
expectation that the actual (but effectively unknowable) body mass
and COMs would fall within this range. Body mass (for minimal
and maximal models; here rounded to nearest 100 kg) ranged
from ,5800–10800 kg for the comparably-sized Stan and MOR
models
made by KB, whereas the Carnegie and Sue models made
by VA+JM produced proportionately larger masses: ,7400–
14600 kg for the former and ,9500–18500 for the latter. "
Source:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0026037

So, The Carnegie and Sue models had gave some larger estimates.
The lower estimate for the “Carnegie” and “Sue” is being 7400kgs and 9500kgs. And that is based on too skinny models. While the fat estimates being 14600kgs and 18500kgs.
Let's take the middle value of the largest most complete Tyrannosaur ‘Sue'. The middle value for the values 9500 and 18500kgs is 14000kgs(14 metric tons) respectively.
4 users Like Panther's post

@GuateGojira , I believe you would love this MMV surely !!!
 This MMV/tribute shows how both T-Rex and Godzilla will "never back down" from fight, whether, they win or lose, they'll fight for what's right and will show they're to NEVER mess with them.
Jurassic Park 3 footage, shows how T-Rex would rather die than be shown as pure scavenger and to be shown as enemy to Spinosaurus, when they should be friends.
And Godzilla would rather die than become like MUTOs and Zilla.
Song - Never Back Down by Nine Lashes.

Videos - Godzilla 2014, Godzilla Final Wars, Jurassic Park, Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 3, and Jurassic World.

5 users Like Smilodon-Rex's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

@Smilodon-Rex, that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow Happy

Long live to "Rexy" the queen of dinosaurs and "Godzilla" the king of the monters!!!
3 users Like GuateGojira's post

Grizzly Enthusiast

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...5SEaRsPBiM 

T-Rex could turn like a 'figure skater from hell' and was far more agile than thought, new reconstruction finds

By Cheyenne Macdonald For Dailymail.com19:30 08 Nov 2018, updated 19:31 08 Nov 2018
5 users Like brotherbear's post

Grizzly Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 03:44 AM by brotherbear )

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrqBdM6geRz/...G11XUD_Sqk 

6 users Like brotherbear's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 04:44 AM by epaiva )

Sue at Chicago's Field Museum in its new exhibit, they used a colored light show to hilight injuries, etc. very cool to see. As magical as it was in Stanley Field Hall, its more intimate of an experience in the smaller room and you can get a better feel for its size.
Credit to Doug Morrison

7 users Like epaiva's post

@GuateGojira , The latest T-rex tribute by legitelimator !!!!
4 users Like Smilodon-Rex's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

7 users Like epaiva's post