There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 07:34 PM by Rishi )

(01-29-2019, 06:50 PM)Sanju Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 06:47 PM)Pckts Wrote: @Sanju 
There's no way to know for sure, the largest Tigress weight I've seen out of Ranthambore was 170kg and Machli was said to be a good sized Tigress so I think the 170kg mark is a fair estimate. Ranthambore is known to have large Tigers and most of which have Machlis genetics so obviously she had good Gene's on her side.

170 kg !!!!!????????? I'm watching her documentary now, she seems to be not even near to that estimate even in Prime...

Looks can be deceptive...You can't know her dimensions by looking a video her wading through Rajbag lake.

170kg was recorded weight of t-18, her daughter while being moved to Sariska. I'm told that t-17, the  elder sister that drove both away, was smaller than prime Machhli. Plus she was very muscular & could be heavier than another same-sized tigress.

RIP

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Rishi's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 08:25 PM by Sanju )

@Rishi Ok. I think the 10 year unanimous reign of Rajbag lake and Ranthambore fort with ample prey base is also evidence for her physical mass spatia and weight with better prowess and experience... Salute!!!

woshiniya Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM by Rishi )

He is Konda!!!

Who is this?There is no doubt that he is not Konda,and they are different in right decorative pattern!!
@Roflcopters
3 users Like woshiniya's post

woshiniya Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM by Rishi )

The left tiger is Konda,but we don’t know the right tiger!
3 users Like woshiniya's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 03:01 PM by Sanju )

The Biggest Beast of Kanha, The Mighty Umarpani Male (T-30)

Photographer :@adi.singh94

30 Jan 2019
4 users Like Sanju's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Vijayarajan Muthu-Truly blessed to have been granted a private audience with the Boss, after what'd seemed like an endless period of waiting.

Sangam Male (T-56), Kanha Tiger Reserve, January 2019
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

T85 aka Pacman from Ranthambore

Tiger T 85 aka Pacman dead body found at Khandar Range in Ranthambore National Park on Wednesday evening. According to the forest department, the dead body of the tiger is two to three days old. The tiger’s stomach and other parts of the body were bloated. The tiger’s body was stinking. Forest officials said that around 3:30 pm, a body of tiger was found at Indala forest area near Khatola of the Khandara range in Ranthambore. The Forest personnel who were on trekking at the spot saw this dead body. On receiving the information, the forest officer reached the spot. And at around ten o’clock in the night, the forest officer arrived at the Rajbagh chawki with the body of the tiger.

It is said that perhaps he was involved in a territorial fight with another tiger. Pacman had been in search of a permanent territory since he banished from his father Star male’s territory. Last year we lost Star male Tiger T28 and this year his son T-85 Pacman in Ranthambore. There was a moment of joy when the year started, where his sister T-84 Arrowhead gave birth to cubs, but a sad moment took over.

Forest officials said that blood was found near the dead body of the tiger on the spot. There are scratches on the body of the tiger. On the other hand, injury marks have also been found on the tiger’s neck. The first sight is a matter of death in conflict with another tiger. Other tiger is also likely to be injured in mutual conflicts.
Forest officials are feared that the Tiger T 85 has been fought with the male tiger T20. Tiger T-85 has died in this bloody conflict. It is being said that there was a conflict between the two tigers for mating from the Tigress T 48.

The Tiger T-85 aka Pacman is from the family of Machli aka T-16, known as the Queen of Ranthambore. Tiger T-85 is the cubs of Tigress T19 aka Krishna, while T19 is the daughter of the tigress T 16 aka Machhli. Tigress T-19 or Krishna gave birth to 4 cubs as her second litter of one males and three female in February 2014. Unfortunately, soon she had lost one her cubs. After that she was seen regularly with her 3 cubs and the whole family became the prestigious family of Ranthambhore. Tiger T-85 is one of those four cubs. Among other cubs, the Tigress T-84 aka Arrowhead and the Tigress T-83 aka lightning are included.

Forest Department told that the Tiger T-85 was about 5 years old. Tiger T-85 Pacman was first seen in February 2014 by tourists. Initially the territory of Tiger T-85 was in zone 2, 3 and 4 of Ranthambore. The tiger was very much strolled around the Padam Lake, Rajbagh Lake and Malik Lake in Ranthambore. Later he went out to the Khandar area in search of the new territory.

4 users Like Apollo's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-02-2019, 10:51 PM)Pckts Wrote: TigerRamesh Govindan‎ 

Shiva. S/o Waghdoh. Tadoba- Pangadi Gate. 27th Dec 2018.

Shailesh Naik Nitin Ule and TigerRamesh Govindan. This one clicked on 27 December is Waghdoh's son, shiva itself. Please see his 2012 photo taken by Atul dhamankar. right flank

Recent one of him again...

He was missing for almost 4 years and now he comes back as a spitting image of his father, I'm glad to see that Wagdohs male legacy lives on. 
He's been sighted again.... look at this big fella making his father proud.

Amey Gadgil
Very rarely seen tiger in kolasa zone
Shiva son of waghdoh tiger

Zari gate, kolasa
Tadoba 
8 Feb 2019

12 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 05:58 PM by Roflcopters )

what a magnaficient animal he turned out to be, looks just like Wagdoh male himself. now i wish we could get a picture of either Shankar or Bhola near Padmapur buffer. those boys of Wagdoh are a force to be reckoned with. It’s going to be an interesting year. It also raises questions about Ambeutra/Devada male and Gangaram towards the Southern Kolsa area. i hope they are still around.

Tfs
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-17-2019, 07:50 AM by Rishi )

3-year-old male tiger T-98 sighted in Mukundara Hills.

7 users Like Rishi's post

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert

seems like it was just yesterday we used to see these Tadoba's faces

Yeda Anna, Ookhan, Saturn, Shivaji, Katezari, Leopard Face, Waghdoh, Vasant Bandhara

now most of them had disappeared replaced by new generation. Bamera's son, Waghdoh's son, Muna's, Raja's etc... i feel like Time goes by in the blink of an eye, and i'm feeling old now  Lol

anyway, welcome back Shiva

Ps: i really want to see Puspraj and Kanwar making their comeback as adult tigers in Bandhavghar, their bold dark stripes is something to see, at least to my eyes.
8 users Like phatio's post

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 06:11 PM by Rishi )

I know many sources said both chotta munna and umarpani are the sons of Munna, but i have different opinion. I always thought that umarpani is pattewala male's reincarnation since they have strong similarities between them.

I even mistook umarpani as pattewala when he first appeared in 2012-13. so.. could it be he really is pattewalla's son?

Regarding chotta munna, i have no doubt he is munna's son. Some of their facial features look almost the same to me.

Bhima and Bajrang i believe coming from another clan of Kanha, a male tiger called Kariya Ghati aka Kankatta Male, he is the famous Bear (family) killer on youtube.

They're really looks similar don't they.

While Kingfisher aka Rajaram, i suspect he's related  to Konda. His skull, longer muzzle and face patterns resembles Konda's alot.

I dont know much about another male such as Nak Katta, Red Eye and Thin-Stipes male etc, so i can't give my opinion on them.

Well these are just my personal opinion, maybe someone have another info to add, please.. i'd like to know.
7 users Like phatio's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

@phatio "Thin stripe" came from Pench.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(02-24-2019, 07:52 PM)phatio Wrote: i know many sources said both chotta munna and umarpani are the sons of Munna, but i have different opinion. i always thought that umarpani is pattewala male's reincarnation since they have strong similarities between them.

i even mistook umarpani as pattewala when he first appeared in 2012-13. so.. could it be he really is pattewalla's son?

regarding chotta munna, i have no doubt he is munna's son, they just looks almost the same to me

Bhima and Bajrang i believe coming from another clan of Kanha, a male tiger called Kariya Ghati aka Kankatta Male, he is the famous Bear (family) killer on youtube.

they're really looks similar aren't they

while Kingfisher aka Rajaram, i suspect he's related  to Konda. His skull, longer muzzle and face patterns resembles Konda's alot.

i dont know much about another male such as Nak Katta, Red Eye and Thin-Stipes male etc, so i can't give my opinion on them.

well these are just my personal opinion, maybe someone have another info to add, please.. i'd like to know.
yea i said the same when i first saw uma too..he doesn't look like munna at all,though if i recall correctly uma's mother is half sister of pattewala same mother different fathers pattewala being from an older litter and KF is cub of nak katta
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 11:50 AM by Rishi )

This extremely impressive male looks like a tank. The only info I have is that he was noticed last spring (2018) walking on the road not far from town of Blagoveshchensk on the north of Amur river. Its known that Amur tigers now are colonizing the areas north of Amur river but its surprise for me that they have moved so far on the west. See where is on the map Blagoveshchensk, its far beyond Ussuriland:

7 users Like Wolverine's post