There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Rishi Offline
Moderators
Tongue  ( This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 07:42 AM by Rishi )

(04-01-2020, 05:58 PM)SuSpicious Wrote: Yes, I am back in India. I've been battling health issues hence not been active here. I was actually planning to visit Corbett several times in March and April but the COVID-19 crisis has put a hold on the plans.

However, right now that's not important. I hope people are safe and this pandemic is over soon.

I am grateful to everyone here though. I am catching up on the information slowly but almost there.

I am really impressed by the Dudhwa Males lately and I can't wait to visit. Probably will have to wait till the monsoon is over now. 

But great going everyone. Thanks for posting the information and such a valuable one.

YES... Someone who's battling heath issues should definitely have other priorities while Covid-19.
I have picked up chatter that the reserves may stay open this monsoon, because they are closed down now. So chill, you might soon get an opportunity of a lifetime.

My best wishes to you & your family. Have a speedy recovery. Stay safe.
2 users Like Rishi's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Abhinav Pandey
Mr. X of Panna

Handsome hunk

Most aggressive male i saw in my life.
This lockdown help me to do good revision of Panna and it's Reintroduction.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

bheema https://www.kanha.net/kanha-national-park/
2 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

M1 and Mv3 photo by Pradeep Singh
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Rocket male tiger from Telia range of Moharli.

Mothers name - Sonam
Father name - Bajrang.

Born 2015 .

Male sub adult tiger from Tadoba which stayed with her mother for 4 years almost and even killed a leopard while protecting current cubs of her mother

Ranveer Singh Gautam
THE TELIA TIGER FAMILY OF MOHARLI TADOBA
This is what a Tiger family can do to any intruder in there territory. A full grown leopard was killed by Tigers in telia lake of Moharli range Tadoba.
Telia is territory of Sonam tigress. She has 4 cubs and 2.5 year old male sub adult tiger from last litter living with her and taking care of little cubs during absence of mother.
This 2.5 male sub adult living with latest small 4 cubs of his mother which are around 6 to 8 months now , is unusual behaviour never seen before.
When Mother Sonam goes out for hunting and marking territory this male sub adult names
" Rocket singh " stays with small cub n can be seen playing around in telia meadows.
He is named " Rocket Singh " , as he disappears like speed of rocket when he see safari vehicles.
Telia female Sonam lives with 5 litters now. 4 new one n 1 old sub adult. There moment can be seen around in moharli range if spent time around in telia lake.
This huge male leopard age around 6yr, was killed by Rocket singh Male tiger 2.5 yr old shows how he is helping the young new 4 cubs to survive n protecting them from all other predators.
Some times father of these 5 cubs also joins them making count 7 tigers moving together in one zone.

TADOBA IS GREAT

4 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

(04-02-2020, 04:07 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
M1 and Mv3 photo by Pradeep Singh

saw another pic and it appears the male is bhaisangat i mistook him for m1

United States Sauron Offline
Banned

How big is he?!

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 01:43 AM by Pckts )

(04-05-2020, 11:43 PM)Sauron Wrote: How big is he?!

Bhaisangat?

He's a big boy, said to be a little smaller than Umarpani and Ghati male, but still a big Kanha male.

1 user Likes Pckts's post

India Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Rishi, post #1463 is of T1C1, the gypsy tiger aka the walker who settled in Dynaganga Wildlife Sanctuary. That is why WII has been mentioned tracking him for close to 4 years. His neck was too big for the collar and they had to remove it. Since settling down, he has been gaining weight at a good pace and he looks big now.

It was also conformed by another IFS officer, Praveen Keswan who is also active on twitter.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/watch-after-being-tracked-for-3-000-km-tigers-radio-collar-removed-2206105

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/tiger-c1-logs-3017km-radio-collar-drops/articleshow/74939337.cms
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

(04-06-2020, 01:36 AM)Pckts Wrote:

Bhaisangat?

He's a big boy, said to be a little smaller than Umarpani and Ghati male, but still a big Kanha male.

i feel like the guy was exaggerating a bit jamuntola is smaller than uma but he isn't exactly a tigress in comparison and bhaisangat for sure is a bigger animal than jamuntola right now he looks to be about as big as garhi t50 a little bigger than uma tbh
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-06-2020, 04:50 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Bhaisangat?

i feel like the guy was exaggerating a bit jamuntola is smaller than uma but he isn't exactly a tigress in comparison and bhaisangat for sure is a bigger animal than jamuntola right now he looks to be about as big as garhi t50 a little bigger than uma tbh

Anant Kaushik also says he's not Uma size and he has the same photo and was with Naren Malik as well.

Bigcat Enthusiast

@Rage2277

This is T50 vs T46 right?

https://singinawajunglelodge.wordpress.c...for-water/

animal enthusiast

yea that's them @Pckts

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(04-06-2020, 04:50 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Bhaisangat?

Jamuntola in the back and Umarpani in the front. 

Jamuntola

Umarpani on the left, Garhi on the right.

Garhi facing us

Garhi and Umarpani

Umarpani on the left, Garhi starting the fight.

7 users Like Roflcopters's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 10:55 AM by Rage2277 )

one of bheem's sons..big boy photo by Ranjeet Bandhavgarh 
4 users Like Rage2277's post