There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-05-2024, 12:28 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela is fine.   He isn’t that far from NK and I’m sure they may find each other again soon.  

They said he did look a bit skinny but has already stolen a kill for himself.  

More news will surface soon.

Man, lately, when bad news is looming, here you come to brighten the day, yet again. Thanks for sharing this!
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2024, 05:46 PM by T_Ferguson )

And, here he is... I guess trying to see if the PCM's remember him? I'm not sure how good a news this is. That limp is now REALLY bad.

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(06-05-2024, 03:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 12:28 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela is fine.   He isn’t that far from NK and I’m sure they may find each other again soon.  

Man, lately, when bad news is looming, here you come to brighten the day, yet again. Thanks for sharing this!

so i feel a bilt silly cause I used the word "Fine" cause I knew he was alive and the video that was shared with me only showed him in the dark at a kill he had just stolen from Manghenis.

they did say he looked a bit skinny but I didnt see him walking. now after seeing him striggling, he definitely got worked up pretty good. hes been through some struggled before and has surprised us by springing back....but I feel he can only take so many of these beatings before he loses more and more condition Sad
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2024, 08:34 PM by BA0701 )

(06-05-2024, 08:07 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 03:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

so i feel a bilt silly cause I used the word "Fine" cause I knew he was alive and the video that was shared with me only showed him in the dark at a kill he had just stolen from Manghenis.  

they did say he looked a bit skinny but I didnt see him walking.   now after seeing him striggling, he definitely got worked up pretty good.   hes been through some struggled before and has surprised us by springing back....but I feel he can only take so many of these beatings before he loses more and more condition Sad

No worries, man, you were only reporting what you'd been told and that is very much appreciated! He is still with us, albeit gimpy, but I do not see any noticeable injuries in the video. Really hoping he can bounce back, again, but man he deserves a break.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That limp really looks bad and he seems to have a lot of swelling on his back. It does not look good. 
Still if he did get caught by the Gijimas, he should consider himself lucky that he got away at all. Though fleeing back to PCmales territory may not be the wisest decision. I dont think he can take another beating.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2024, 10:11 PM by afortich )

Let's hope that he doesn't take another beating.
4 users Like afortich's post

Gavskrr Offline

This guy is certainly good at fighting or has a lot of luck, escaping the PC males and Gijimas with his life and apparently in a 2x1 I would say it's great to see him now even with any injury he still came out lucky
2 users Like Gavskrr's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

And once more Tumbela is caught by one of the strongest duos and survives, this time he doesn't even look too badly beaten.

He'd be unstoppable with a healthy brother.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-05-2024, 10:52 PM)Mapokser Wrote: And once more Tumbela is caught by one of the strongest duos and survives, this time he doesn't even look too badly beaten.

He'd be unstoppable with a healthy brother.

Agree with you bro, Tumbela is a very tough lion. And it also appears that he gave a beating to one of the Gijima boys.
2 users Like afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Before we graduate each other, perhaps we should first wait a few days to see how this develop. 
If this limp is permanent now. There is little to celebrate.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-06-2024, 12:14 AM by Mapokser )

Unless he is caught again, I'm confident of a full recovery.

Have we forgot how the Kambulas looked? They were covered in blood, with several puncture wounds on their limbs and back, especially the one caught by Gijimas.

Still they quickly made a full recovery. Of course maybe Tumbela got unlucky and has a permanent new injury but for now I'm optimistic.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

(06-06-2024, 12:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Unless he is caught again, I'm confident of a full recovery.

Have we forgot how the Kambulas looked? They were covered in blood, with several puncture wounds on their limbs and back, especially the one caught by Gijimas.

Still they quickly made a full recovery. Of course maybe Tumbela got unlucky and has a permanent new injury but for now I'm optimistic.

I admire the optimism.  Slight age difference for the Kambula's and a bit more juice for hunting with 5 of them together (inclusive of the sister).
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Tumbela in Singita by Coman Msini, shared by Mariela Castillo:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(06-06-2024, 12:44 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 12:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Unless he is caught again, I'm confident of a full recovery.

I admire the optimism.  Slight age difference for the Kambula's and a bit more juice for hunting with 5 of them together (inclusive of the sister).

Tumbela is 8yo, in his prime.

Injured Kambulas only rejoined their siblings once they had already recovered enough that they weren't at risk of anything. Tumbela has survived well since the fight and has stolen a zebra kill from the Mangheni pride recently, he also looks in decent condition and can potentially meet up with Nkuhuma at any time now ( they are in the same area ).

Not to say, again, that both Kambulas looked much worse than Tumbela who we can barely see any injuries, limp aside.

(06-06-2024, 04:06 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 12:44 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

Tumbela is 8yo, in his prime.

Injured Kambulas only rejoined their siblings once they had already recovered enough that they weren't at risk of anything. Tumbela has survived well since the fight and has stolen a zebra kill from the Mangheni pride recently, he also looks in decent condition and can potentially meet up with Nkuhuma at any time now ( they are in the same area ).

Not to say, again, that both Kambulas looked much worse than Tumbela who we can barely see any injuries, limp aside.

Wasn't a slight.  That video of Tumbela looked awful.  As and old dude myself, 20 vs 40 heals better.
5 users Like T_Ferguson's post