There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

United States T_Ferguson Offline

oof... Poor Tumbella.  Let's hope we see him again.  Does NK's bad eye look bruised again, or is it just the camera angle?
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(06-03-2024, 10:40 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 10:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Nkuhuma seen alone in Singita.  

The context of the story says that Tumbela has not been with him last few sightings particularly since they were apparently chased by Gijimas

I wonder if it could be these boys that bloodied the Gijimas mouth, though it could be the young Charleston Males as has been offered as well.

I was asking myself the same thing. Hmmmmmm
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Not again, poor NYM. Hopefully, Tumbela reappears soon.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The idea of Skorro not being there during mealtime is concerning. They have currently no reason to be split.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I knew this was gonna happen, Tumbela is slower due to his limp, if attacked he'd get caught.

Nkuhuma, as expected, would save himself, especially since their bond is still too weak.

They should have stayed more in the West and in Londolozi, easier areas, more now with the PCM spending lots of the time in the north.

But they were spending most of their time in the south, in the territory of the extremely dangerous Gijimas, and the Nkhulu that if anything are 6-7 males.

Weird enough I'm not even sad, Tumbela is my favorite male but it was clear that this was inevitable.

Hopefully he fully recovers and rejoins Nkuhuma, but if he doesn't, at least he tried getting back into the game before dying.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-04-2024, 12:53 AM by Tr1x24 )

(06-04-2024, 12:36 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I knew this was gonna happen, Tumbela is slower due to his limp, if attacked he'd get caught.

Nkuhuma, as expected, would save himself, especially since their bond is still too weak.

They should have stayed more in the West and in Londolozi, easier areas, more now with the PCM spending lots of the time in the north.

But they were spending most of their time in the south, in the territory of the extremely dangerous Gijimas, and the Nkhulu that if anything are 6-7 males.

Weird enough I'm not even sad, Tumbela is my favorite male but it was clear that this was inevitable.

Hopefully he fully recovers and rejoins Nkuhuma, but if he doesn't, at least he tried getting back into the game before dying.

Just because they are split doesnt mean that Tumbela was caught by anyone.

Thing with NKs "coalitions" since Nhenha, is that once they encounter first obstacle, they split and they dont reconnect again soon enough, NK goes back to "surviving mode" and just moves on.

It happened with Tumbela before, with Talamatis few times, with Skorro Orpen and now again with Tumbela.

Thats why i think NK will never again form strong coalition and bond, like he had with Styx and Nhenha.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

A fight was reported, 1/2 Gijima was bleeding a lot from a cut in the mouth. Unless they caught a Charleston son, it was definitely Tumbela.

For me it's looking much more likely that it was Tumbela than 3yo Charleston sons who would probably not even be able to defend himself.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-04-2024, 12:54 AM)Mapokser Wrote: A fight was reported, 1/2 Gijima was bleeding a lot from a cut in the mouth. Unless they caught a Charleston son, it was definitely Tumbela.

For me it's looking much more likely that it was Tumbela than 3yo Charleston sons who would probably not even be able to defend himself.
And report says "against 2 young nomadic males".
That post came 4 days ago, around the same time 2 Charleston sons were seen in SabiSabi.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its all speculation around a fight nobody even saw happen. 

I guess we have to wait for more information. Skorro will probably show up eventually with or without new wounds. And if he doesn't then we have our answer too.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

adamstocks16 Offline

If true this would be a very sad way to go for Tumbela and the breakdown of yet another coalition for Nkuhuma. Tumbela who spent all that time in the west living under the shadow of the Plains Camp Males, ironically may have been safer had he remained in the west and never linked up with his new partner. As for Nkuhuma, perhaps some things are simply not meant to be. Anyway, let’s see how it develops over the next few days and if we get any more information.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Tumbela was never safe in western sector. It was only a matter of time before the PCmales grew tired of him and took him out.

Nkuhuma will be fine regardless though. He seems to have developed a preference for solitary nomadhood.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

adamstocks16 Offline

PC Males literally had a chance to ‘take him out’ on the airstrip they had him pinned down 2 vs 1 and they chose not to, that encounter suggested they were content to send a message to Tumbela but had no real interest in taking things further.
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Tumbela is fine. He isn’t that far from NK and I’m sure they may find each other again soon.

They said he did look a bit skinny but has already stolen a kill for himself.

More news will surface soon.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

(06-04-2024, 11:57 PM)adamstocks16 Wrote: PC Males literally had a chance to ‘take him out’ on the airstrip they had him pinned down 2 vs 1 and they chose not to, that encounter suggested they were content to send a message to Tumbela but had no real interest in taking things further.

That wasnt going to last. Especially once the Othawas start going into estrus.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-05-2024, 12:28 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela is fine.   He isn’t that far from NK and I’m sure they may find each other again soon.  

They said he did look a bit skinny but has already stolen a kill for himself.  

More news will surface soon.

Great news buddy. Hopefully, they reunite and avoid fighting until the bond grows way stronger.
3 users Like afortich's post