There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(05-14-2024, 11:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:25 PM)Mapokser Wrote: When they met with the Ximhungwe, Tumbela was basically in peak condition and NK was still bulkier and seemingly quite stronger as Tumbela couldn't push him off the kill despite being more dominant.

He was not in peak condition, he already had limp and was often seen in skinny condition.

He was in the same situation as now, where sometimes he looks peak, and sometimes he doesn't. Less than 2 months ago, peak condition:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Not different from his time as a dominant male:

When he was with Nkuhuma, he was in peak form:

And even you said at the time that NK looked a lot bigger.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-15-2024, 01:48 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:25 PM)Mapokser Wrote: When they met with the Ximhungwe, Tumbela was basically in peak condition and NK was still bulkier and seemingly quite stronger as Tumbela couldn't push him off the kill despite being more dominant.

He was not in peak condition, he already had limp and was often seen in skinny condition.

He was in the same situation as now, where sometimes he looks peak, and sometimes he doesn't. Less than 2 months ago, peak condition:

Not different from his time as a dominant male:

When he was with Nkuhuma, he was in peak form:

And even you said at the time that NK looked a lot bigger.

I just hope that this conditioning rollercoaster he seems to be on is only related to his not having a pride for support, and not due to whatever befell Scar and Limper, and even Lambile too, because they all seemed to go up and down quite a bit. In recent videos you can see a black spot in the middle of that large bump on his hip, I also hope that is perhaps just a cyst that burst, and not the black spot. Given the location, I'd guess it is more likely the cyst option.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 04:56 AM by Mapokser )

He has been a nomad for 2 years now, and was alone for all this time. And he had a limp which doesn't allow him to use his full speed to hunt.

If he was sick I think he'd be dead a long time ago, sick, lonely limping nomads don't survive for 2 years, never mind look in top shape from time to time like Tumbela does.

Nkhulus are dominant and most still constantly look like they're half dead, and some lost almost all their mane.

You see them with full bellies in one day and in the next day they're skin and bones. Their limps are also not from injuries, Tumbela's clearly is.

Hell, Scae, Limper and Lambile all starved to death as dominant males, but here is Tumbela 2 years in as a nomad.

Tumbela's not sick, he's just a nomad with a limp, even his mane looks good ( which is a sign of health ) plus, like I said, he was always more of a slender type of lion.

I suspect that if Tumbela manages to keep living with NK and form the coalition, he'll be looking better more consistently as NK can provide constant food, as well as comfort, making Tumbela's stress levels go down, knowing he has a partner now.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 10:30 AM by Tr1x24 )

@Mapokser 

He was not in peak condition then, nor he is now, as he was when he was territorial.in 2021-22.

Yust like you found pics from that time when he was with empty belly and when he didnt eat for some time, so he is obiviously more thiner, I can find you 100s of photos where he is much more massive and bulkier, like this:

Regardless of that, Tumbela leg clearly looks like legs of unhealthy Nkhulus, who also have bump on hip and black spot on top of it.

Tumbela has "black spot" disease just like Nkhulus and what his 2 brothers had.

Another symptoms is being skinny and more thin then usual, not able to put and keep mass as healthy males can

He might got injured his leg initially, which triggered the disease + stress of nomadic life, but its clear that he is not 100% healthy male, and it not only leg injury.

Not sure why you are "defending" that, when Nkhulus have literaly same look and symptoms as Tumbela, although more suvere, and we all accepted that they have diseases.

Here is Tumbelas leg, we can clearly see bump and "black spot" on it :

Obiviously that doesnt mean he will die tomorrow, some lions live long with that with little to no symptoms (Mbiris), and some die in few months (Nsuku), but he is showing symptoms of "black spot" disease for a while now, shortly after he become nomad, injury and stress prob trigger the disease, as most lions carry some disease in them anyways, only matter of time and situation when it surfaces. 

90% of Kruger lions carry some disease, for example, NK aswell has "black spot" on his front shoulder (just like Tinyo BBoy had) but it doesnt affect him for now.

And this is not new, I am talking about this for a ~ 1 year now, we all want that Tumbela is heatlhy, but its not the case, evidence are very clear, Tumbela has every symptom of that "black spot" disease.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-14-2024, 04:43 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma in the South Sabi Sand growing more bonded together

Tumbela there looks to be quite decent height male compared to Nkuchuma, taller than I would expect him to be. This also puts in perspective how big PC males really are, definitelly taller than Nkuchuma is and probably also taller than Nhenha was
3 users Like Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 first photo I posted from him at his territorial times he had a full stomach, so how do you claim I only posted photos of him empty or without having eaten for a while?

Your photo of him in his prime show him no different from the photo I showed from 2 months ago.

I'm "defending" it because it's what I understand as the truth. As already explained, lions with limping and "skinny" disease can barely keep up even when they are dominant males and have females to hunt for them ( Scar, Lambile, Limper, Nkhulus ), Tumbela despite limping and being alone, is fine after 2 years of nomadhood, and from time to time is seen in prime form, which would be impossible if he has the same illness as Nkhulu or his brothers.

We don't know what black spots are, for all I know, you are the one who invented that this is a disease, but there's no scientific or empirical evidence of it. Countless lions have black spots and no signs of illness, even under tremendous stress and harsh nomadic lifestyle for years ( Nkuhuma for example ).

All Kruger lions have TB in a latent state, but Tumbela shows no sign of it in the active form.

His limp is unrelated to disease, unlike Nkhulu and others, he injured his leg permanently, attacked by PCM, it's a documented fact you don't want to accept.

A limping, solo, nomadic lion who was always slender will obviously not always look in top shape, it's just that.

If it turns out he gets ill later, that will be that, but he has no evidence of it as of right now whatsoever.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Tumbela male was physically not very bulky as other lions are, for example the Nkuhuma male, Tinyo of the Birmingham boys, who despite not being the bigger of the Bboys, he was bulky. 

The Tumbela male physique always reminds me of the Thanda Impi males. Anyway, that isn’t something that is important within the coalition as it doesn't play an important role.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-15-2024, 09:44 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 first photo I posted from him at his territorial times he had a full stomach, so how do you claim I only posted photos of him empty or without having eaten for a while?

Your photo of him in his prime show him no different from the photo I showed from 2 months ago.

I'm "defending" it because it's what I understand as the truth. As already explained, lions with limping and "skinny" disease can barely keep up even when they are dominant males and have females to hunt for them ( Scar, Lambile, Limper, Nkhulus ), Tumbela despite limping and being alone, is fine after 2 years of nomadhood, and from time to time is seen in prime form, which would be impossible if he has the same illness as Nkhulu or his brothers.

We don't know what black spots are, for all I know, you are the one who invented that this is a disease, but there's no scientific or empirical evidence of it. Countless lions have black spots and no signs of illness, even under tremendous stress and harsh nomadic lifestyle for years ( Nkuhuma for example ).

All Kruger lions have TB in a latent state, but Tumbela shows no sign of it in the active form.

His limp is unrelated to disease, unlike Nkhulu and others, he injured his leg permanently, attacked by PCM, it's a documented fact you don't want to accept.

A limping, solo, nomadic lion who was always slender will obviously not always look in top shape, it's just that.

If it turns out he gets ill later, that will be that, but he has no evidence of it as of right now whatsoever.

If you cant see that Tumbela is not healthy lion in this state, then idk what to say to you anymore.

And to everyone who doesnt believe that "black spot" is not related to any disease, Sizananis picture is best evidence:

His hip, at that "black spot" was literally eaten up inside out by something. He died shortly after.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

As Skorro was able to steal food from the Othawas. I think he only became fully nomadic when he left with Nym. 
Its still a bit to early to see how this move will pan out for him, but I wouldn't consider how he looked in western sector as representative.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(05-15-2024, 10:28 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: As Skorro was able to steal food from the Othawas. I think he only became fully nomadic when he left with Nym. 
Its still a bit to early to see how this move will pan out for him, but I wouldn't consider how he looked in western sector as representative.

Tumbela has always been a good bully. Older posts talk about how he’d bully his brothers so bad and that would affect their condition. He should’ve been sharing with his brothers!

I think the main reason why Nym and Tumbela are together now is that Nym is physically stronger and more confident and he doesn’t put up with being bullied anymore. Nym is now the dominant One of the pair. 
If they ever get in a fight with other lions I wonder if they will stay and back up each other or if Nym will run away….lame to ditch your partner but he’s got a different survival strategy.
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

We shall see. Ultimately a coalition has to prove itself in battle, competition and misfortune.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 10:02 AM by sik94 )

Skorro Jr has the same build as his father and his father was an impressive looking male just like Skorro Jr. Prime Skorro was not a lean lion like for example the Toulon males were, he was no PCM but he was a muscular and a pretty bulky lion. We can all find pictures that support our point of view but that's what I generally remember of 100% fit Skorro Jr.
3 users Like sik94's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-15-2024, 10:18 PM)T I N O Wrote: Tumbela male was physically not very bulky as other lions are, for example the Nkuhuma male, Tinyo of the Birmingham boys, who despite not being the bigger of the Bboys, he was bulky. 

The Tumbela male physique always reminds me of the Thanda Impi males. Anyway, that isn’t something that is important within the coalition as it doesn't play an important role.

The thing is the Thanda Impi males were unrelated and were genetically different lions. Sizannani had the Nkuhuma genetics which used to produces more lean looking male offspring while his partner Skorro was a top tier specimen. If you consider prime Skorro Jr lean, then you have to consider the remaining 2 Tintswalo males as lean too which I don't think most people would agree with.
3 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 01:42 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-16-2024, 10:09 AM)sik94 Wrote: If you consider prime Skorro Jr lean, then you have to consider the remaining 2 Tintswalo males as lean too which I don't think most people would agree with.

Exactly, as all 3 of them are prob sired by Skorro, and on top of that, he is son of Nharu females, sisters of Bboys, who where as bulky and muscular lions you can get and have that "bulky" gene.

Those who consider Skorro Jr., Skorro Sr., Ncile and Mandevu as lean lions in their primes, idk what for them bulky lions are then.

You can find pictures of even most bulkies lion around where he looks lean (because he didnt eat and lost mass), but that short period doesnt mean he has that lean build.

With "lean" body build, we mean of males who are tall, long and not as muscular, males like DM and Blondie Avoca, Shaka Mbiri, BYM Osindile, OM, Gijima males, remaining Kruger male, S8 male prob goes to that category aswell, some Majingilanes, some Mantimahles etc.

With "bulky" body build, we mean of males who are usually shorter in height and lenght (although not all) but stocky and muscular, like Bboys, Mohawk and S. Avocas, 2 Ndhzengas, Tintswalo males, Kambula males etc

Best example od difference between the 2 types, "lean" and "bulky" we see in coalotions of unrelated males, like Mongawane males , BYM lean type and Torchwood bulky type. Young Avoca and Guernsey another recent example.

And then we have "hybrid build", like PCMs, Scar Mbiri, most of Matimbas, Mjejanes, Shishangenis etc. who are both big in height/lenght and bulky, those are usually most impressive males and considered biggest.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

I never said that Skorro the Thanda Impi male was a lean lion. Just saying that Tumbela male isn’t bulky as is mentioned. Anyway, that just what I think. Regards
3 users Like T I N O's post