There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

Tumbela and Nkuhuma are still together.    Have left western sector and were sighted just within the south east most region of Sabi sand near skukuzza.  

Color me hugely surprised.   Not that they’re still together.   But so far south.  So fast.  It’s incredible it took Nkuhuma to finally convince Tumbela to move away.    Wow.

There was a photo taken , and as you have heard recently, permission was not granted to share.   Maybe something released by original sources.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-26-2024, 06:21 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma are still together.    Have left western sector and were sighted just within the south east most region of Sabi sand near skukuzza.  

Color me hugely surprised.   Not that they’re still together.   But so far south.  So fast.  It’s incredible it took Nkuhuma to finally convince Tumbela to move away.    Wow.

There was a photo taken , and as you have heard recently, permission was not granted to share.   Maybe something released by original sources.

If it lasts this time, will NYM be absorbed into the Tumbela coalition, in the same way he was into the B-Boys?
2 users Like BA0701's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

So excited for Tumbela and NK! Sounds like they are near Toulon Gate or that region? Looks to be between Nkhulu and Gijima territory.  

A third member would really boost their chances for a pride, making them more competitive, seeing as how I question the full health of Tumbela and that left rear leg.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 10:44 PM by Duco Ndona )

Its more that Skorro joined Nym than the other way around, seeing that they are hanging out in Nyms typical nomadic range. So Nwalungu would probably be the better name. 
I guess that last fight with the PCmales finally beat enough humility into Skorro to reconsider his social life and that Nym finally gave him enough confidence to leave western sector. 

Though we shouldnt count our chickens before they hatch. 
Both lions have been in this spot before and still wound up separating. We have yet to see how this union holds up during though times or during conflicts.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I have to 100% agree with Ndona this time.

I won't count them as a coalition yet and they can very well split after being chased like how it happened with Skorro and NK.

I would also not hope for a third member too much, it took forever for Tumbela to finally move on and broaden his horizons, creating some sort of friendship with NK.

Still they were seen with a third male that time so who knows.

If they fully bond in a few months, they might get a territory if they find an abandoned area or a lone male to challenge. NK is NK and Tumbela might be slowed down by his limp so I doubt they'd have a chance against any duo. Good thing is that NK is an incredible hunter, aways in top condition, so with his help Tumbela will also be in top shape ( we see him like that when he gets to eat well consistently ), only issue would be his full speed, but males with worse limps like Skorokoro and Limper Kruger have shown to be very strong regardless.

They're 8yo now, if they can find a pride in the next 6 months to a year they may have time to raise some cubs and NK, miraculously, finally pass on his genes, same for Tumbela as the 2 Othawa may have been sired by his brothers.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Brazil Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:25 PM by Ngonya )

(04-26-2024, 07:43 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Toulon Gate or that region? Looks to be between Nkhulu and Gijima territory. 
If its close to Skukuza likely only Nkhulu territory, Gijimas dont even control a big portion at Kirkman's, then neither anywhere close to Skukuza (or is it open through Lion Sands?)

Does anyone have a map pointing where exactly Toulon Gate is?
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Here is a photo of the location of the gate in the park...

https://tracks4africa.co.za/listings/ite...-use-only/
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-26-2024, 11:23 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:43 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Toulon Gate or that region? Looks to be between Nkhulu and Gijima territory. 
If its close to Skukuza likely only Nkhulu territory, Gijimas dont even control a big portion at Kirkman's, then neither anywhere close to Skukuza (or is it open through Lion Sands?)

Does anyone have a map pointing where exactly Toulon Gate is?

I feel like the Nkhulu's are so scattered that it might not matter what these 2 do.  They might even let them join for all we know... LOL
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(04-27-2024, 04:25 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I feel like the Nkhulu's are so scattered that it might not matter what these 2 do.  They might even let them join for all we know... LOL
LOL, im sure Nkuhuma would like that many new friends!
Even thought scattered, two Nkhulus is more than enough to deal with a Nkuhuma and Tumbela. 
Also, let's not create expectations, they are not even confirmed as a coalition yet, we know what they are both like so it's best to remain realistic.

Anyway, with Tumbela 'weak' with his limping leg and Nkuhuma's common lack of confidence, in the South they represent no danger to anyone but themselves.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

(04-27-2024, 04:35 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 04:25 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I feel like the Nkhulu's are so scattered that it might not matter what these 2 do.  They might even let them join for all we know... LOL
LOL, im sure Nkuhuma would like that many new friends!
Even thought scattered, two Nkhulus is more than enough to deal with a Nkuhuma and Tumbela. 
Also, let's not create expectations, they are not even confirmed as a coalition yet, we know what they are both like so it's best to remain realistic.

Anyway, with Tumbela 'weak' with his limping leg and Nkuhuma's common lack of confidence, in the South they represent no danger to anyone but themselves.

haha.. fair.. But dude.. everybody keeps talking about Tumbela's leg.  Cat just walked at roadrunner pace to never never land...  Cut him some slack.  He's also with the friendliest lion since Spearboy.. haha
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Skorros leg is one of those injuries that is only bad some of the time and Skorro can probably push through the pain if needed. The only question lies in wheter or not it slows him down to much. I also dont think Nym has confidence issues. It takes real guts to casually hang out with so many rival groups.

The main problem lies that they are surrounded by groups that are either larger or already well oiled machines tested in combat. While those twos experiences mostly come from fighting eachother.

Them joining the Nkhulus is pretty much out of the question. That already is a territorial coalition too big to be sustained. 
Even if they understand that the two are there to join them. The last thing they want is having more members to feed. 
The last soutern Avoca is a better candidate i think.

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(04-27-2024, 11:50 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I also dont think Nym has confidence issues.
For now it seems unlikely for him to challenge any dominant coalition. 

(04-27-2024, 11:50 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Them joining the Nkhulus is pretty much out of the question. That already is a territorial coalition too big to be sustained. 
I spoke for myself that im pretty sure we were just kidding around, obviously. 

(04-27-2024, 11:50 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: The last soutern Avoca is a better candidate i think.
You mean for Nkuhuma and Tumbela, right? Nkhulu will not tolerate any males thats for sure
unless it is a similar treatment/relation to what existed between Tumbela and Plains Camp, in which Tumbela insisted so much in the Western sector that they simply ignored the presence of a male who was not a threat and insisted on returning even after so many conflicts. Which would only be possible with S.Avoca, who is in decline, but it would be interesting and great for him to join Nkuhuma and Tumbela.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Not challenging dominant coalitions in his situation is not the same as a lack of confidence. Just a lack of stupidity. 

And yes, I meant a coalition of the southern Avoca, Skorro and Nym. The Avoca spend his entire life in a coalition as its the only life he knew until recently, so will will be open to joining another one. He is weak enough for the others to not see him as a immediate threat, but still healthy enough to fight for his spot in the group. Nym and Skorro are also still a new coalition so things aren't as set in stone for them.

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(04-27-2024, 10:12 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Not challenging dominant coalitions in his situation is not the same as a lack of confidence. Just a lack of stupidity. 
one thing does not invalidate the other. Precisely due to his situation of not being in a position to challenge other coalitions he undeniably does not have the confidence to do so.  Wink

(04-27-2024, 10:12 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Not challenging dominant coalitions in his situation is not the same as a lack of confidence. Just a lack of stupidity. 

And yes, I meant a coalition of the southern Avoca, Skorro and Nym. The Avoca spend his entire life in a coalition as its the only life he knew until recently, so will will be open to joining another one. He is weak enough for the others to not see him as a immediate threat, but still healthy enough to fight for his spot in the group. Nym and Skorro are also still a new coalition so things aren't as set in stone for them.

I'm of the belief that the last S. Avoca is going to be solo and nomadic through the last of his days at this point.  Recent sightings prove he has some fight left in him, but I just think he is who he is, and will leave us this very way.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post