There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

BigLion39 Offline

I suspect Limper contributes more than we think and know.
7 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Found nice photo of Skorro Jr.,one of his brothers (not sure who, might be Scar) with last Old Avoca/Giraffe male in mid 2019 :

Photo Credits : Joe Charlie

*This image is copyright of its original author

By the looks of the body size compared to his brother, Skorro Jr. might be a bit younger then we taught and born in later litters. 

Also found nice photo of Limper from mid 2018, from Tintswalo Lodge:

12 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Limper again stealing leopards kill, despite his leg, he is great at this :

12 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

Savanna Lodge

The large Tumbela male momentarily pauses between roaring to listen out for competition.
And competition could soon start heating up! Another young coalition known as the Plains Camp Males, were found no more than 2km away from the two Tumbela males.

9 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"Both the Othawa Pride and the Tumbela males were found in close proximity to the two Plains Camp males this morning but as night fell both groups moved their separate ways with no drama playing out."

11 users Like Tonpa's post

1ofCourage Offline

(01-28-2022, 02:38 AM)Tonpa Wrote: "Both the Othawa Pride and the Tumbela males were found in close proximity to the two Plains Camp males this morning but as night fell both groups moved their separate ways with no drama playing out."

He's looking good!
1 user Likes 1ofCourage's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tumbela Males by David Wiggill

10 users Like Tonpa's post

1ofCourage Offline

(01-09-2022, 02:24 PM)WildRev Wrote:

These two have nice big jaws and wide noses which remind me of Junior, the Orpen male, and the shape of his face.  As their manes get thicker they are looking great.  The family life has been good for them.
6 users Like 1ofCourage's post

1ofCourage Offline

(01-05-2022, 11:03 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:24 PM)1ofCourage Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:17 PM)Potato Wrote: The Tumbela males have been very active of late. They spend most evenings roaring and patrolling their territory. The catalyst to this activity is most probably the Plains camp males that are closing in from the east.

I hope God favors them and they can send the PC males packing for good!
Not a fan of the pc boys? Nature will decide

I don't wish them any harm or trouble.  They are two strong and healthy males doing what males do.  I don't want them to kill any of my favorites though.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Dominant Tumbela trailing the pride by Diff Marimane 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The boys 

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

One of the best sightings i've seen in a while, under this person recent Instagram stories, you can find Skorro Jr. playing with his Othawa cubs like he is cub himself :

https://instagram.com/amymodlin?utm_medium=copy_link

Sightings like this are very rare, to see a father playing like this with his cubs.
11 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-08-2022, 10:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: One of the best sightings i've seen in a while, under this person recent Instagram stories, you can find Skorro Jr. playing with his Othawa cubs like he is cub himself :

Sightings like this are very rare, to see a father playing like this with his cubs.

I can’t find that original.  I’d love to see it myself.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-08-2022, 10:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: One of the best sightings i've seen in a while, under this person recent Instagram stories, you can find Skorro Jr. playing with his Othawa cubs like he is cub himself :

I found it.  They also have footage of the Mhangeni and the OM Cub.  They’re all looking well.  I recorded the footage but I don’t know how to load videos here to share
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Here ya go amigos 
credit to amy modlin

9 users Like Tonpa's post