There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-28-2021, 06:34 PM)Potato Wrote: We recently had one of the Thumbela males mating with the Ottawa female. This happened even though she herself had young cubs already. Perhaps this is to ensure that the males know that these cubs are theirs and thereby reducing the chance that he kills the cubs.

*This image is copyright of its original author
The big and healthy of the Tumbela males.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Are we sure it isnt just Auntie still trying despite infertile?

If not. It probably is more to prevent the males from abanding the pride to seek sex elsewhere.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-28-2021, 07:11 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Are we sure it isnt just Auntie still trying despite infertile?

If not. It probably is more to prevent the males from abanding the pride to seek sex elsewhere.

From this angle, Look like the cubless Othawa female. So, you could be correct
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-28-2021, 07:56 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 07:25 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 07:11 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Are we sure it isnt just Auntie still trying despite infertile?

From this angle, Look like the cubless Othawa female. So, you could be correct

It’s Sassy guys.  Are we sure this is recent?   Just too unusual of behavior to me to be recent.
The discription added to this photo was made by Savanna Lodge, not by myself.
2 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

I’m horrible at understanding how to make comments here.  I tried to delete my earlier post cause now they’re saying it’s lady Tsalala. I understand we’re just using their information

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 09:37 PM by Duco Ndona )

Well. If they need adding such outlandish theories to explain what they see. We can be excused in wondering if they didn't just misidentify the lioness.

It happens.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Yeah it would make way more sense if it would have been in fact Tsalala lionesses.
3 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Dominant Tumbela and skinny tumbela 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(07-30-2021, 04:36 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dominant Tumbela and skinny tumbela 

Thanks for sharing @Tonpa  Scar is still skinny but looks much better than he has in past month.   He’s also patrolling which is a great sign.  Limper is likely with Pride recovering from that paw injury
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(07-30-2021, 04:36 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dominant Tumbela and skinny tumbela 

Interestingly in the comments of this post someone asks about skinnys condition and omegagodi replied that he fought with HB 

"fought with matimba male and never recovered and his developed disease"
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its the first and only time I heard of it. The only fight I know of was just a very minor scrap about food.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 03:55 PM by Tonpa )

Limper making noise

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tumbela males killed a giraffe with the help of one of the Othawa females

6 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Thats not a small feat for supposedly ailing lions. 

I do hope being pinned for several days on a large kill allows Auntie to catch up to them. Though it could also attract rivals unfortunately.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Hlambela almost walks into the Tumbelas, gets chased up the tree by Skorro jr 

7 users Like Tonpa's post