There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
The Matimba coalition

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-19-2022, 01:55 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Isn't that the reason the Avocas were split? 2 were a few months older and got kicked out first. In young males a few months can make a huge difference in maturity.

Yea, Avocas situation was kinda similar what now happened with 6 Kambula young males, 2 oldest split and moved off as their "instinct's" kick in before then the rest, who where not yet ready to follow them.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I saw people claiming this is Ndhuna, can someone confirm? I mean he's missing the tip of the tail, but I'm not sure about his face.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Mapokser's post

United States SMK350 Offline

(12-05-2022, 01:44 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I saw people claiming this is Ndhuna, can someone confirm? I mean he's missing the tip of the tail, but I'm not sure about his face.

Most definitely Ndhuna.
6 users Like SMK350's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 moving the discussion about the Matimbas from the Talamati thread to here, in the photo with Ndhuna and Slitnose the latter was fully grown already ( and remember lions reach their peak height quite young although they build more mass later on they barely get any taller after 4 ).

HB might have been more impressive in frame, but Ginger was clearly taller:

Slitnose and WF were exactly the same size as we see in their photos and videos side by side so they were dwarfed by Ndhuna in height, HB would probably get dwarfed too, I've no idea about Shaka, and as for Ginger and Ndhuna, the photo of them together is inconclusive:

But I'd bet he's taller than Ginger too since the difference between him and Slitnose/WF is huge. It's also worth remembering that the other 5 are all Birminghams while Ndhuna's mother was unrelated so she might have had better genes for size, though this is just blind speculation.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Mapokser  photos you use are not best examples for comparison, for example, look at feat lvl of SlitNose compared to Ndunha, on both shots they are not in linear position next to each, so photo like that with one object being closer or further can be deceiving, also position's of their bodies. 

Same for Ginger and HB, in both pictures Ginger's head is up, while HB's down or straight. Height is messured by shoulders height, as head can be in different positions, and its impossible that both males who are similar in height will have heads in same position, also they have manes on top of the head. 

HB and Ginger where around the same shoulder height, almost impossible to see the difference, but HB was bulkier, meaning overall bigger. 

As for N. Matimbas goes, from what i see, not sure how Ndhuna stacks with them, as sightings of him with them when they fully grow where quite few, but he was bigger pre 2012, as others where young, as for other 3, SlitNose was a bit shorter in height compared to WhiteFace and Shaka, but he was more muscular and bulky. 

Overall, all 5 Matimbas where very close in size. 

Here is video of Ndunha and young SlitNose, and yes, Ndunha was bit bigger at that time, not sure of date, but this was prob before 2012, SN was still quite young then :

Take in mind that 5 Matimbas came in prime years after Ndunha disappeared.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 03:13 AM by sik94 )

In this picture Ndunha is standing on an atleast 3-4 inch mound.
I have tried to be as accurate as possible and there's very little in it if any. Slitnose is atleast as tall/big as Ndunha if you wanna include a margin for error, the length from the lowest point of their bellies and the highest point of the lower backs is also identical. I don't think Ndunha was much bigger at all than the other bigger Matimbas, though the variance in size between the 6 of them was pretty small as all 6 of them were pretty big lions.

2 users Like sik94's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I dont think he is standing on a hill. Just a bit further away. Angled a bit with the head towards the camera

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 03:48 AM by Mapokser )

(12-27-2022, 02:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Mapokser  photos you use are not best examples for comparison, for example, look at feat lvl of SlitNose compared to Ndunha, on both shots they are not in linear position next to each, so photo like that with one object being closer or further can be deceiving, also position's of their bodies. 

Same for Ginger and HB, in both pictures Ginger's head is up, while HB's down or straight. Height is messured by shoulders height, as head can be in different positions, and its impossible that both males who are similar in height will have heads in same position, also they have manes on top of the head. 

HB and Ginger where around the same shoulder height, almost impossible to see the difference, but HB was bulkier, meaning overall bigger. 

As for N. Matimbas goes, from what i see, not sure how Ndhuna stacks with them, as sightings of him with them when they fully grow where quite few, but he was bigger pre 2012, as others where young, as for other 3, SlitNose was a bit shorter in height compared to WhiteFace and Shaka, but he was more muscular and bulky. 

Overall, all 5 Matimbas where very close in size. 

Here is video of Ndunha and young SlitNose, and yes, Ndunha was bit bigger at that time, not sure of date, but this was prob before 2012, SN was still quite young then :

Take in mind that 5 Matimbas came in prime years after Ndunha disappeared.

It's impossible for me to comment on their size in this video, they are not shown together while stading and the quality is very lacking.

Edit: I was only talking about their height, not weight.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Remembering HB matimba.

https://youtube.com/shorts/viULrFBH0-0?feature=share
9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Hairy tummy Offline

9 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-09-2023, 04:09 PM by veritas )

I don't know where to register this question.
I happened to see this picture on Facebook.
All the comments say that the face looks like mapogos.
I'm surprised that Makhulu and his face look alike!
Where should I read this lion's information?
Father??
What button should I press to attach a picture?

P.s I don't know how to do Facebook, so I can't find a post address where people say they look like mapogos.(I watched it before I went to bed at dawn)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...tid=Nif5oz
1 user Likes veritas's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-09-2023, 04:07 PM)veritas Wrote: I don't know where to register this question.
I happened to see this picture on Facebook.
All the comments say that the face looks like mapogos.
I'm surprised that Makhulu and his face look alike!
Where should I read this lion's information?
Father??
What button should I press to attach a picture?

P.s I don't know how to do Facebook, so I can't find a post address where people say they look like mapogos.(I watched it before I went to bed at dawn)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...tid=Nif5oz

There are a few ways to insert a picture but I simply use the attach button at the bottom.   Then hit attach.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

3 users Like veritas's post

I finally found the button to upload pictures on my smartphone!
Hairyberry old looks similar to Mahulu so I posted it, but I saw comments on Facebook that his father was talking about Skybed but for a moment Mapogos was mating and dominating.
But I don't know how to find the post address because I don't know how to use Facebook.
If there was an alarm, I could see the comment I wrote, but I don't remember.
I'm following the Lionesses Union one by one in this forum. (The beginning was mapogo, but one by one, I got to know the related Pride, and I got to know the new male lion who controls Pride, and I found out if their children were safe, and this is how the cycle continues.)
I started reading the Matimba Forum the day before yesterday.
I felt sorry for what Sizanani went through, so I didn't pay attention to Matimba on purpose, but I think all the lions are precious and end up loving.♡
Thank you!

One strange thing is that no matter how much I write and press register, I can't see it immediately, so I think something is wrong and I have a hard time writing on the translator, copying, and registering (sad and annoying).

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-09-2023, 09:45 PM)veritas Wrote:

Hairy Belly and 4 of his Matimba brothers were sired by the Old Skybed coalition in timbavati.   

The mapogos are sons of the West Street coalition.  No known relation exists between the two coalitions.   

Any likeness is pure coincidental.   But I don’t feel they have any resemblance myself.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post