There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
The Matimba coalition

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Honestly. You cant guess weight and such by just looking at a lion. And even size can be deceptive from just screenshots. Nor do they mean a flying feather in the wild. As even the biggest lion is just a bad day away from the grave. 

Ultimately most of these debates are more there to serve fandoms.

tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

@Scar Mbiri please refrain from insults and foul language. Posts like #1,777 with information are much more useful for debates and discussions.

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

User was banned.
3 users Like Lycaon's post

United States Mohawk Offline

@Tr1x24 @Timbavati @Potato 

Can anyone list the prides the Matimbas conquered with dates?  I'm most interested in their early years.

I'm also wondering what year the Mbiri Pride broke away from the Skybed Pride, if you know.

Thank you for your help.
2 users Like Mohawk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 01:51 AM by Tr1x24 )

(09-26-2021, 09:55 PM)Mohawk Wrote: @Tr1x24 @Timbavati @Potato 

Can anyone list the prides the Matimbas conquered with dates?  I'm most interested in their early years.

I'm also wondering what year the Mbiri Pride broke away from the Skybed Pride, if you know.

Thank you for your help.

Idk exact dates, but you can kinda tell when they sired first generation of cubs in which pride, so some time before those cubs where born. 

2011 Mbiri cubs
2012 Nkuhuma and Talamati cubs

Then split 

2014 Koppies and Skorro cubs (N. Matimbas) 
2014 Torchwood cubs (S. Matimbas) 
2015 Styx cubs (S. Matimbas)
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

Mbiri and Talamatis were taken somewhat on the edge of 2010 and 2011 or early 2011, Nkuchuma in mid 2011, Koppies in late 2013, Skorro  in 2014, Styx in late 2014, Tsalala in late 2015 and Othawa in 2018. Idk when did they tookover Torchwood pride as there are no updates from Torchwood region and never were.
6 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 02:01 AM by Tr1x24 )

(09-27-2021, 01:55 AM)Potato Wrote: Mbiri and Talamatis were taken somewhat on the edge of 2010 and 2011 or early 2011, Nkuchuma in mid 2011, Koppies in late 2013, Skorro  in 2014, Styx in late 2014, Tsalala in late 2015 and Othawa in 2018. Idk when did they tookover Torchwood pride as there are no updates from Torchwood region and never were.

They tookover Torchwood pride in mid 2013.

HB and Torchwood female in July 2013, Cheetah Plains :

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

A throwback from August last year to the legend, who is one of the most famous, impressive and smartest South African lions the Hairy Belly Matimba, his memory will remains in the hearts of many.
Make sure to turn up the volume and enjoy the king's roar, the most powerful sound in the wilderness. 

Savanna Private Game Reserve, South Africa.
The original credit:
To follow & for more updates: @savanna_private_game_reserve
9 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-27-2021, 02:04 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A throwback from August last year to the legend, who is one of the most famous, impressive and smartest South African lions the Hairy Belly Matimba, his memory will remains in the hearts of many.
Make sure to turn up the volume and enjoy the king's roar, the most powerful sound in the wilderness. 

Savanna Private Game Reserve, South Africa.
The original credit:
To follow & for more updates: @savanna_private_game_reserve

Great memory of this legend. HB and one of the Othawa sub-adult males.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Good old HB, that put a smile on my face 
Thanks
5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-27-2021, 01:55 AM)Potato Wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Mbiri and Talamatis were taken somewhat on the edge of 2010 and 2011 or early 2011, Nkuchuma in mid 2011, Koppies in late 2013, Skorro  in 2014, Styx in late 2014, Tsalala in late 2015 and Othawa in 2018. Idk when did they tookover Torchwood pride as there are no updates from Torchwood region and never were.

Ginger was seen mating with the silver-eyed Talamati lioness in December 2011.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Ginger one of the Matimba males with the Silver-eyed Talamati lioness
,,This mating pair of lions was discovered near Talamati, in the Kruger National Park. December 2011"
Photo credit: Waldrapp

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Timbavati's post

United States Mohawk Offline

@Timbavati  @Potato  @Tr1x24

Thanks guys for the info.  That really helps.

Sometimes when watching vids or reading posts about the BBoys, it'll say that they were pushed out of their natal pride by the Matimbas.  Did they actually mean that they were chased around by the N. Matimbas when they first became nomads or is it just a misunderstanding.  N. Matimbas never took over the Birmingham Pride so it confused me.
5 users Like Mohawk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-27-2021, 07:02 PM)Mohawk Wrote: @Timbavati  @Potato  @Tr1x24

Sometimes when watching vids or reading posts about the BBoys, it'll say that they were pushed out of their natal pride by the Matimbas.  Did they actually mean that they were chased around by the N. Matimbas when they first became nomads or is it just a misunderstanding.  N. Matimbas never took over the Birmingham Pride so it confused me.

Always a pleasure my friend, I never have heard about the Northern Matimba males with the Birmingham pride. Most likely they chased the BBOYS when they started their nomadic journey. Since the N.Matimbas used to spend time in Ngala with the Skorro pride
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-27-2021, 07:02 PM)Mohawk Wrote: @Timbavati  @Potato  @Tr1x24

Situation in Ngala around that time is pretty unclear. 

My understanding is that 5 Bboys and their 3 Nharu sisters where breakeaway at that time and they where hanging in eastern Ngala in which N. Matimbas arrived at that time, so they chased subadults out into Manyeleti in 2014. 

Reason why they where breakeaway in first place is that their fathers died/lost control in 2013, and theirs mothers got in estrus again and had new cubs around that time (some of which are RRM and his 2 sisters) with new males in the area, Skorro males, so they prob didn't tolerate subadults..

Then 1 of Skorros was killed by N. Matimbas around that time, and remaining Skorro (later partner of Sizanani) got pushed out in 2015 by Avoca/Giraffes from the west. 

After that 2 females from Birmingham pride took subadult RRM and his 2 sisters and save them from Avoca/Giraffes moving into Manyeleti, where they where named RRP. 

Thats my understanding of situation in Ngala and Birmingham pride around 2013-15.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post