There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Charleston Males

T I N O Online
Moderators

The Charleston males and all five Southern Pride females were united this morning. They were on the trail of a herd of buffalo, but decided to rest once it became too hot.
Sabi Sabi PGR,Posted: January 22.,2016.
Photo credits to: (1,2,3,4,5) to: Pravir Patel: (6,7,8,9) to Mike Palmer

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Seen on safari: The Charleston males were found this morning scent marking on the reserve.  The two males seem to be in very good condition and were walking around with pride, despite the hanging tooth! Could this spell trouble for the Fourways males? We spent a great deal of time with the Southern Pride females this morning as they moved through the reserve, presumably in an attempt to avoid the Charleston boys.
We saw Warthog Wallow again last night and it is clear that she has severe damage to her left eye, possibly from a fight with another leopard.  This will prove very challenging for her in the future.
Sabi Sabi PGR,Posted: October 25.,2015.
Photo credits to: (1,2,3) to Francois Rosslee, (4) to Mike Laubscher, (5,6,7,8) to: Mike Palmer

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

the majestic Charleston males with the Southern Pride females. They were out on a kill and a scuffle ensued!
Umkumbe Safari Lodge-Sabi Sand,Posted: December 21.,2015.
Photo credits to: Mauritz Senekal

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

I can not believe what my eyes see
The Return of a ghost of Kruger National Park, the incredible good looking Charleston male Big Boy,Photographed a few months ago in the KNP,He's looking handsome and powerful, still is on his prime and holding a pride on the Dois Pan S1(ROAD).
KNP,Posted: 24/7/2020.
Photo credit to: Marinus Venter

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

The Charleston male Big Boy seen with a pride of 7 lionesses without cubs 
KNP,Posted: 13/4/2020 (Photo taken end of February 2020)
Photo credit to: Amelia Boitor

T I N O Online
Moderators

The impressive Charleston male "big boy" walking through the S65 accompanied by his pride who also dominates on Dois Pan S1 road
KNP,posted: January 2020
Photo credit to: Gareth Poole

5 users Like T I N O's post

Israel Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Michael Laubscher: " A lion I so often think of...

I was fortunate to spend 2 years of my life watching the two Charleston males dominant @sabisabireserve
The arrived pretty much unscarred and left beaten, bruised and yet very proud. "

6 users Like Spalea's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(09-16-2020, 12:05 AM)Spalea Wrote: Michael Laubscher: " A lion I so often think of...

I was fortunate to spend 2 years of my life watching the two Charleston males dominant @sabisabireserve
The arrived pretty much unscarred and left beaten, bruised and yet very proud. "

He has gone to early,such a shame
His legacy still lives on!

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 10:53 PM by Brahim )

The Beast Big boy Charleston!

Glaring at the helicopter that intruded into his territory; While regally strolling along.

Credit: Andre botha
Kruger National Park, South Africa
6 users Like Brahim's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(09-18-2020, 10:53 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: The Beast Big boy Charleston!

Glaring at the helicopter that intruded into his territory; While regally strolling along.

Credit: Andre botha
Kruger National Park, South Africa

He's still looking impressive and in good shape as ever.
3 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-18-2020, 11:00 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: He's still looking impressive and in good shape as ever.

He is still only 9...it feels like those boys are around for ever..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(09-19-2020, 01:22 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 11:00 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: He's still looking impressive and in good shape as ever.

He is still only 9...it feels like those boys are around for ever..

Yes I know that he's just 9 years old,But perhaps being a lone male be always is on risky and a target to other big coalitions... without count that if he suffer of stress he can loss much mane

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Recent sighting of Big Boy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxFbKMAE2l/...6ae4onquh2
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(09-16-2020, 03:18 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:05 AM)Spalea Wrote: Michael Laubscher: " A lion I so often think of...

He has gone to early,such a shame
His legacy still lives on!

how he die...?

T I N O Online
Moderators

Charleston male Big Boy