There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States Xiku_kutsu Offline

Hi, my first post :) 1/2 Birmingham/Gowrie males, Nhenha, was seen contact calling and scent marking on an area full of impalas. The lioness with the 5 cubs was also on the area, as well as Tinyo, who was later seen with Nhenha at Mala Mala Game Reserve, June 13.

All credits to Legend Safaris.

9 users Like Xiku_kutsu's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Male lions aren’t directly involved in caring for their cubs. However, their roll as protectors is perhaps even more important. If they fail, the lionesses won’t have cubs to care for.

The Gowrie males reign has allowed the Kambula pride to successfully raise their first ‘round’ of cubs. Will they stay in power long enough to see the new litters through the first stages of their lives?

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

7 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha and Tinyo are hanging quite a lot together lately :

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

5 users Like Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Did I mis something?

It kinda sounds like a funeral post
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-09-2021, 04:43 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Did I mis something?

It kinda sounds like a funeral post

It isn't.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Ah, alright. Guess my melancholy got the worst of me.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Chris Offline

(07-10-2021, 03:49 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Ah, alright. Guess my melancholy got the worst of me.

Indeed
2 users Like Chris's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nhenha. Picture taken on 7 July 2021

10 users Like lionuk's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

The Bboys and the subadults Kambula are in the eastern part of Londolozi, it seems that lately the BBoys are not very well physically

https://vimeo.com/573618129
4 users Like Calvitoo's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 08:14 PM by Calvitoo )

The two Birmingham males in the Mala Mala Game Reserve, Tinyo greets his brother Nhenha, it seems they are now closer than ever after Tinyo's alleged fight with the two Northern Avocas. Even these legendary brothers can still fight for their territory!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRODoWbN_CJ/

6 users Like Calvitoo's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

5 users Like lionuk's post

BigLion39 Offline

I hope Tinyo gets better so we can have some more good times with him. Back hip looks bad.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post