There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

T I N O Online
Moderators

*This image is copyright of its original author

This was our first view of the lion across a gully as we arrived at the drinks stop site. Kylie, Roxy and Jemma had kept a good eye on it since first spotting it on the other side of the river as it slowly made its way closer.

After a long pause, the lion continued to approach and strolled down into the gully and up onto our side, past our vehicles that we were safely seated in and onward towards the drinks and snacks table.

It’s fairly unlikely I’ll be seeing this again in a hurry…

Image by: Chris Taylor
Londolozi Game Reserve,Date: 18-11-20
9 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Epic sighting of this male lion in the mist hunting warthogs!
One of the impressive two remaining Birmingham/Gowrie males, When they were a force to be reckoned with in the Northern Sabi Sands. Image taken at Djuma Vuyatela Game Reserve in South Africa
Photo credit to: Tristan Dicks
Sabi Sand,June 2017

6 users Like T I N O's post

Hairy tummy Offline

I thought they were still a force to be reckoned with
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(11-19-2020, 09:56 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: I thought they were still a force to be reckoned with

Of course they are a force to be reckoned with but not are anymore in the Northern Sabi Sands
2 users Like T I N O's post

Steven Offline
Banned

(11-19-2020, 07:38 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Epic sighting of this male lion in the mist hunting warthogs!
One of the impressive two remaining Birmingham/Gowrie males, When they were a force to be reckoned with in the Northern Sabi Sands. Image taken at Djuma Vuyatela Game Reserve in South Africa
Photo credit to: Tristan Dicks
Sabi Sand,June 2017

Great info. Thanks.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

The "force to be reckoned with" and "large male lion" phrases are so overplayed, they barely mean anything nowadays.
5 users Like sik94's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 12:54 PM by Cath2020 )

(11-20-2020, 11:32 AM)sik94 Wrote: The "force to be reckoned with" and "large male lion" phrases are so overplayed, they barely mean anything nowadays.

Speaking of "large male lion," I am getting pretty weary of the constant 'size' debates here..... /:
5 users Like Cath2020's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

No worries Cathan. This time no body has been debating about lion sizes. Here Silk just gave us their opinion and should be pretty accurate. Seems that the number and confidence It's everything in the lion dynamics.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

One of the five Birmingham boys Scrapper/Tokoloshe
by things of the fate he has died 1 month after of this image has been taken
Image by: The Spotlight kid

6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-22-2020, 02:37 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the five Birmingham boys Scrapper/Tokoloshe

Some people are saying that he was gored by buffalo, but is there any evidence of that?

Some say that he had some kind of disease, i also believe in this, on few photos and videos his condition was getting worse, even on this photo you can see very skinny hips and ribs..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(11-22-2020, 02:49 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 02:37 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the five Birmingham boys Scrapper/Tokoloshe

Some people are saying that he was gored by buffalo, but is there any evidence of that?

Some say that he had some kind of disease, i also believe in this, on few photos and videos his condition was getting worse, even on this photo you can see very skinny hips and ribs..

I think both makes senses in the front legs, aren't those small points ticks? There could also be the possibility that he had some stomach disease and that has led Scrapper to death. Since it has never been treated
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Nhenha or better known as the Warrior of the Birmingham boys.
Image by: The Spotlight kid

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Vigour.
It’s good to be back and viewing incredible game viewing. During all my time at Londolozi, The Birmingham Males have held territory, I was convinced that there would be a new coalition that would have moved into the area over lock down but they have yet again proven their vigour and are now seeing their second generation of Cubs being raised.
Londolozi-Sabi Sands-Posted on November 23/2020.
Photo credit to: Dean de la Rey

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

One of the Birmingham/Gowrie males "Nhenha"(The Warrior) They're ageing but without a doubt the BBoys are a force to be reckoned with in Sabi Sands. On their fifth year as dominant males are raising their second generation of Cubs being raised.
MalaMala-Sabi Sands-Posted on November 23/2020.
Photo credit to: Pravir Patel
8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

A Birmingham male. He was a beautiful lion. Behind him one can see the remains of his kill; a male nyala. Many of our lion sightings involved lions sprawled out in the heat of the day, and so it was wonderful to see this male lion sitting up.
Londolozi-Sabi Sands-10/24/2018,-
Photo credit:Sam & Mary-Jane Armacost
Londolozi Blog "Our Week At Londolozi"
Blog Posted on 24 Oct 2018

5 users Like T I N O's post