There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

BigLion39 Offline

Video says at 5:23.... " Birmingham's back West and ALREADY had a battle with PC  Boys"... not sure if thats the most rescent time but they clearly say so.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Nhenha and nkuhuma male with big Buffalo Caracas. 

10 users Like DARK MANE's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 06:55 PM by criollo2mil )

Nhenha mating w Gingerella while Nkuhuma is busy feeding on a buffalo 

Birmingham male mating the Breakaway female while the other two busy feeding on a Buffalo kill Diff Marimane
10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 11:02 PM by afortich )

Impressive White Birmingham young boy with his brother away from the pride moving North into the Mayanbula territory.

1 user Likes afortich's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-04-2022, 10:56 PM)afortich Wrote: Impressive White Birmingham young boy with his brother away from the pride moving North into the Mayanbula territory.

Just wondering…Did you mean to post his to the ‘Birmingham Pride” thread?
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:49 AM by afortich )

(10-04-2022, 11:57 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 10:56 PM)afortich Wrote: Impressive White Birmingham young boy with his brother away from the pride moving North into the Mayanbula territory.

Thank you for the observation buddy. To be honest didn’t think but now I realized that their fathers are NOT the Birmingham coalition. I will try to move it but having some difficulties.
4 users Like afortich's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:53 AM by criollo2mil )

(10-05-2022, 01:32 AM)afortich Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 11:57 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Thank you for the observation buddy. To be honest didn’t think but now I realized that their fathers are NOT the Birmingham coalition. I will try to move it but having some difficulties.
No problem buddy.  It was just a surprise to me when I saw him in here.   Hehehe
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I'd love to see Gingerella having a big litter but I'm not exactly thrilled by seeing her mating with Nhenha. NK and him are clearly not strong enough to hold this territory and will become nomads again at the first sight of the PCM.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Chris Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 10:51 PM by Chris )

(10-05-2022, 07:16 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I'd love to see Gingerella having a big litter but I'm not exactly thrilled by seeing her mating with Nhenha. NK and him are clearly not strong enough to hold this territory and will become nomads again at the first sight of the PCM.

Disagree, Nkhuma male is starting to mature and continues to grow in size. His confidence is slowly increasing day by day. If both him and nhena were together when they faced the plains camp males, the story wouldn’t have been, “ they ran away”, the story would have have been “it was a huge clash between the plains camp and Birminghams”
1 user Likes Chris's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 11:04 PM by Slayerd )

(10-05-2022, 07:16 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I'd love to see Gingerella having a big litter but I'm not exactly thrilled by seeing her mating with Nhenha. NK and him are clearly not strong enough to hold this territory and will become nomads again at the first sight of the PCM.

The fact that they are back contradicts your opinion. Who knows how this battle for the west will go down but Nhenha and the Nkuhuma Male were separated the first time they encountered the PC males. The Nkuhuma Male was chased and when Nhenha attempted to get rid of them, he was alone and outnumbered. They have been rejuvenated in Londolozi and returned roaring last week. Whether they can maintain their hold is yet to be seen but the fact that they returned means something, they didn't just decide to become nomads as you stated.
2 users Like Slayerd's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Not sure they would stand up to them even together to be honest, in the Singita March report they mentioned them fleeing from the PCM constantly
  • The single Birmingham male and his son the Nkuhuma male have forged a close bond, spending most of their time together now. These two males have quietly been moving back and forth across the southern parts of the property with the Plains Camp males making sure to chase them out each time they arrive in their territory. On one occasion the two males were heard vocalising and chasing a single Mhangene lioness which caught the attention of the Plains Camp males. Within half an hour the Plains Camp males had made their way right across the property, moving at least four and a half kilometres (as the crow flies) to where they were heard. The Birmingham and Nkuhuma males must have sensed them coming and quickly moved away from the area. The next day we saw the males and there were no visible signs of an incursion."
6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-05-2022, 11:03 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Not sure they would stand up to them even together to be honest, in the Singita March report they mentioned them fleeing from the PCM constantly

I dont think report from March is valid, as around that time Nhenha and NK only got together, ofc they wont fight dominant males. 

But yea, looks like they are back west, roaring and scent marking, PC boys also seen west now, clash 2.0 is inevitable it seems.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

NK and Nhenha again roaring and scent marking in western sector, looks like they are ready for another clash with PC males, who where also seen in the area :

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

To be honest, we have been hearing this debate for a while now. Back with the Avocas and now with the PC Males.
But ultimately nothing really came from it. 

I think Nhenha is a very cautious lion and isn't going to risk fighting fights he isn't sure he can win. While Nym mostly follows his lead. 
So its not likely they will actually defend their territory should the PCmales invade. Unless it's just one of them and the Birminghams are both together or some other scenario shows up that would give them an edge. As the Othawa male found out. 

While this is a very good strategy for a coalition to survive and retain some territory. Especially one in competition with coalitions equal or stronger in strength.
It's not a reliable defence for a pride and cubs as it requires a lot of retreating. 

Seeing the Ximhungwe pride hasn't had any cubs yet. It would be better if they had their big definitive clash now. Rather than dragging it out until there are cubs and subadults to mourn.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post