There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 11:11 PM by Slayerd )

(09-08-2022, 09:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 08:51 PM)Slayerd Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 06:22 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Well that didn't last long, I do wonder where they'll end up next

They're tracking something, I don't think they're necessarily leaving the west. They literally are walking in the direction of the lions that they encountered. I wonder what they're looking for. A pride or a counter attack on the PC Males.

This should be the Londolozi border with the Northern areas since Tendai is a northern guide. 

Where do you see the information about them encountering lions, I can't find it.
I'm not saying they encountered lions, I'm saying they've walked in the direction of their competitors
2 users Like Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 10:11 PM by Tr1x24 )

Yea, would be strange that they left west because of PC males (as PC males left the area) and then moved pretty much into PC males territory.. 

Also, it wouldn't be too strange that they continue "expanding" and searching for new females, as in western sector they only have 1 female to mate with atm, with who they are already mating for months.

So, only way to expand, is east.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Two actually. Gingerella and Ximhungwe
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-09-2022, 12:29 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Two actually. Gingerella and Ximhungwe

Gingerella only once tryed to mate, but unsuccessfully.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

I dont think male lions have much standards.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Back on MalaMala 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-09-2022, 02:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Back on MalaMala 

With PC males being seen west again, looks like they indeed got ousted by them.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It went easy with this competition. I have expected PC to be stronger party, but still I expected Birmingham/Nkuchuma duo to put up more resistance. Some people (either on this forum or facebok group) even were saying Nkuchuma/Birmingham should be considered a stronger duo, which as we can see is not the case at all. 

Those are by the way great news for Othawa pride (a little bit late - RIP 2 older pride lionesses through), there should be significantly less pressure on the pride.

I wonder what will be next move for Birmingham/Nkuchuma. Perhaps it would be best for them to build up larger group, team up with some other nomadic males like Tumbela, 2 Talamatis or Kambula males perhaps.
3 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Now they are territorial I doubt they will accept new members. They will likely move around western sector, staying west if the PCmales move west etc.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-09-2022, 06:33 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Now they are territorial I doubt they will accept new members. They will likely move around western sector, staying west if the PCmales move west etc.

It seems they are no longer terrytorial since they are moving around Londolozi and Mala Mala.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-09-2022, 06:33 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Now they are territorial I doubt they will accept new members. They will likely move around western sector, staying west if the PCmales move west etc.

They are not territorial anymore.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-09-2022, 05:38 PM)Potato Wrote: I wonder what will be next move for Birmingham/Nkuchuma. Perhaps it would be best for them to build up larger group, team up with some other nomadic males like Tumbela, 2 Talamatis or Kambula males perhaps.

Yea, will be interesting to see. 

They might be no match for PC males, but except 4 Ndhzengas, other coalitions of Sabi Sands are not as strong. 

Imbali is a loner, 2 N. Avocas are questionable in strenght, as Blondie is not in best condition, and in the south, 2 Gijima's are fairly young and "new" to the game of big boys.

So yea, we will have to wait and see where these 2 will be hanging, my prediction, that they will go south towards Gijimas/S. Avocas, both these males have moved south thru their years, so they will prob continue, dont think they will go back north from where they came.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Chris Offline

It was just 1 skirmish everyone. Think of it as the Birmingham’s and the avocas. There were numerous skirmishes and etc. Both coalitions moved off and back and forth. We need to pay attention and realize the nhena and nkuhuma make we’re separated. So obviously they moved off to safety until they could regroup. But I seriously doubt that them both together that they would have moved off, it would have been a full end fight.
1 user Likes Chris's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Why would they need to fight though. They have everything west of Signita and I think the PCmales are a bit to e en of a fight for Nhena with his experience to risk it.

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Nhenha and Nkuhuma at MalaMala :

6 users Like Tr1x24's post