There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(10-10-2022, 03:26 PM)sik94 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Horizon Wrote: some of the battle tactics that are presented on behalf of Birminghams and the comparison with Majingilane

Well Nhena/NYM are not the same coalition as the birmingham coalition we know, these 2 will probably never share the same bond the original 5 had. Nhena/NYM are not a continuation of the legacy of the Bboys, this is a totally new partnership. You can make the comparison of tactics of Birminghams and the Majingilanes but without including the Nhena/NYM chapter.

That’s why I didn’t call them Birmingham Boys or Birmingham coalition, called them Birminghams(One from the Birmingham coalition and the other from the Birmingham lineage). 

On Majingilanes comparison, you misread the context. In the earlier posts, the present day situation that these two Birmingham males are in was compared to the situation Majingilanes were in when they had that run in with Matimbas. Problem with that is Nhenha and Nym vacated the territory and went all they way to Londolozi. But Majingilanes didn’t do that. 
1 user Likes Horizon's post

1999gc8 Offline

This channel is saying that NK male was killed by the PC males...

It's mentioned in the description of the video. Is there any truth to this?

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2022, 02:34 AM by BA0701 )

(10-11-2022, 02:13 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: This channel is saying that NK male was killed by the PC males...

While I hope this isn't true, we need to be careful that we wait for some official word from one of the guides, or images that may serve as proof either way. We don't want to spread false or misleading information. Even the poster of that video said it is just speculation, perhaps lost in translation, given the apparent challenge in that regard.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-11-2022, 02:38 AM)afortich Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:24 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:13 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: This channel is saying that NK male was killed by the PC males...

While I hope this isn't true, we need to be careful that we wait for some official word from one of the guides, or images that may serve as proof either way. We don't want to spread false or misleading information. Even the poster of that video said it is just speculation, perhaps lost in translation, given the apparent challenge in that regard.

I don't think is the channel. I've read a commentary from other people under this video saying that NYM could be dead but I ignored it as of now.
But it wasn't the channel but someone commenting.

The channel himself said it in their own comments below the video, in the description. I would assume that is quite possibly where the other commenters got it from, I don't know. Either way, it is admittedly, by the channel, speculation at this point.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(10-11-2022, 02:42 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:38 AM)afortich Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:24 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I don't think is the channel. I've read a commentary from other people under this video saying that NYM could be dead but I ignored it as of now.
But it wasn't the channel but someone commenting.

The channel himself said it in their own comments below the video, in the description. I would assume that is quite possibly where the other commenters got it from, I don't know. Either way, it is admittedly, by the channel, speculation at this point.

You're right, I just read it, my mistake.
2 users Like afortich's post

Chris Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2022, 06:50 AM by Chris )

(10-10-2022, 10:30 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:38 AM)Chris Wrote: The majingilane never fought a battle that they didn’t have an advantage

Well thats false, although no fight happened in the end, they clashed/chased Matimbas and Bboys outnumbered. 

But im not talking about fights, lions prob have some logic capability, but not advance to this point what he said, they, as other animals, mostly operate on instinct.
It is not false, it’s pure facts. If you learn how to read, you will see that I clearly said that they never fought a battle that they were outnumbered if they were separated. They would always regroup fully and would be ready to fight.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(10-10-2022, 08:38 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 01:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 01:08 AM)Slayerd Wrote: According to the rangers the Nkuhuma Male fled the minute the PC Males got close, Nhenha stayed to fight but then retreated and the PC Males followed him as he was closer. The PC Males lost him and returned east and Nhenha was seen roaring in Ulusaba yesterday so I'm very confused as to why they suddenly returned east if the PC Males already left without kicking them out. It's very odd and in both occasions, Nhenha seems to be looking for something. The first time, it looked like the two of them were tracking something in Londolozi. Some people thought it was prey which it did not seem so because that's not how lions usually track prey and today Nhenha was seen in Mala Mala without the Nkuhuma Male actively walking in a direction and sniffing the air. What is he looking for? They keep coming back to the same location. If they're nomadic, they would go quiet and just try to survive. There might be a chance and this is an ass pull, that Nhenha is actually looking for his Kambula sons. Lions have been known be more tactical than we think, could he see that he won't be holding the west with the Nkuhuma Male and is actually looking for the rest of his sons? It's weird but so is his behavior. Why did he attempt to fight them the first time, manage to escape, return east for a little while, go back west, Roar and mate, meet the PC Males again, his son is still afraid so he returns to the same location. I don't know if lions think that deeply but his behavior is off, it's not what I would call normal. His behavior does not look defeated, he looks determined like he is after something.

Lions are not capable of thinking like this : " Oh my partner is too weak/affraid, i need new and more partners to defeat my enemies".. Cmon. 

You guys are starting to "complicate" things too much in this Nhenha/NK vs PC males clashes. 

Its very simple, PC males are stronger, more confident and coordinated duo atm, and thats it. 

This is nothing suprising, coalitions of brothers, or males who linked early on in nomadic stages, are usually more successful then coalitions who are made of males who formed coalitions later on in their lives, as their bond and teamplay is much more stronger, because they went thru all those "harsh" phases of their lives together, they know exactly each other in "soul", what to do in certain situation etc. 

Expecting a males who where together for only half a year or so, to beat a beast like PC males, who where together whole their lives, and survived harsh nomadic life since they where 2.5 yrs old, its not realistic and prob wont happen. 

There was many dous like Nhenha and NK, formed of adult/prime males, who lost their once partners/coalitions, but rarely any of them are successful in the end, and usually got beat by other coalitions.

They actually are capable. Clear example, the Majingilanes. The majingilane never fought a battle that they didn’t have an advantage. And say if a coalition outnumbered them like the 6 matimbas and the 5 Birminghams, they always silently retreated and regrouped to fight.

I'd like to point all that a lion running so he can come back later with his coalition brothers is very different from "damn I can't win with my current coalition, guess I'll have to form a new one with my other 6 sons, then we can take these guys out". Lions clearly understand the numbers game, but strategizing about creating new coalition to defeat an enemy is waaaay too much.

As for the Majingilane specifically, their chasing the Bboys and Matimbas without a fight that have been mentioned aside, they attacked 3 Sand River Males and caught one; a Majingilane was attacked by Mr.T the night Shaka died ( from the video it looked like DM ) and they fought serious as described by the Ranger before another Majingi joined the fray ( in the vid it looked like SN ) and together they beat him and chased him off; plus in the next year, I believe in july, one of the Rangers mentioned the Mapogos being involved in 3 fights that month, one with their Othawa sons, another one which we know was against the Matimbas, and a third one by Mr.T alone who showed up with a lot of new scars on his forehead, and days later Leopard Hills took pictures of him and claimed the new scars were from a fight with the Majingilane, which could only have been either a full on 1v1 or like the previous year, 1v1 until more Majingilanes joined and helped chasing him away.

But not only those instances, but in early 2016, in one of the clashes between 3 Majingilane and the 2 Southern Matimba, DM was left with some considerable wounds including a deep hole on his chin, while HB was mostly fine, Ginger was seen many kms away without new injuries, and the other 2 Majingis had some minor scratches, so it was very clear that DM and HB were fighting 1v1 before the others joined and helped chasing the Matimba away.

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-12-2022, 10:39 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

Photographer confirmed this was taken today.
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Really interested to see where they end up next!
5 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Nhenha and Nkuhuma chillin’

Credit:  Kevan Dobbie

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 07:33 AM by 1999gc8 )

Short clip of Nhena and NK male
Credit: Michael Moth (guide at Mala Mala)

10 users Like 1999gc8's post

Contributor

Nkorho  
*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Nhenha & NYM as depicted in the photo of @Tonpa above.

9 users Like afortich's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Wow, boys seen back north after years of absence in this area.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post