There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-17-2022, 11:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Encountering an old face in a new place.

I haven't seen the Birmingham Male since he was chased out of his territory by the N'wasishaka/Ndhzenga males. So having the opportunity to guide in the area that this legend has has claimed as his new territory, along with his son, The Nkuhuma male, is an exciting one.

This new adventure has started with a bang and I'm beyond excited to be here."

Very nice, you're so lucky. 
I hope to see one of these famous lion-characters from Sabi Sand when I go to my safari-vacation in the future.
2 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(07-17-2022, 11:35 PM)afortich Wrote:

I haven't seen the Birmingham Male since he was chased out of his territory by the N'wasishaka/Ndhzenga males. So having the opportunity to guide in the area that this legend has has claimed as his new territory, along with his son, The Nkuhuma male, is an exciting one.

I hope to see one of these famous lion-characters from Sabi Sand when I go to my safari-vacation in the future.

Oh that's not me, I was quoting the posters message lol
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

(07-18-2022, 12:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 11:35 PM)afortich Wrote:

Oh that's not me, I was quoting the posters message lol
Sorry, I overlooked the quotations Wink. Lol

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Sightings of bboy nhenha from 3:46 to 4:25.

What in amazing condition he is. 
Seems like still in his prime. 
Looks not a little bit inferior to mohawk avoca Or Amahle nwaswitshaka. 
After tinyo loss, this veteran male is playing his cards successfully. Initially I thought leaving the six inexperienced kambula boys was not great idea but leaving six young boys and make coalition with experienced lone son/ nephew is proving good as all 6 kambula are now doing well and gaining experience. 
Meanwhile nhenha and NK male are now a dominant force in Western sabi sands. 

9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha claiming stakes in western sector :

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Yes, big fella, still going strong
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Chris Offline

Such an amazing specimen. It will be interesting to see if nhena and his son take notice of the tumbela male’s absence and attempt to take over the Ottawa pride. Interesting times lay ahead.
4 users Like Chris's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha :

Photo credits : diffmarimane

*This image is copyright of its original author

Nhenha so full he can barely walk:

Photo credits : omegagodi

15 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

Wow looks like he ate a whole damn hippo of something! Lol!
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Musa15 Offline

Looks like me after last saturday's BBQ.
3 users Like Musa15's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2022, 12:09 AM by afortich )

Old and interesting video of Nhenha stopping Kambula pride from killing the Tsalala queen.
Nhenha always a gentleman!!

5 users Like afortich's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-01-2022, 10:59 PM)afortich Wrote: Old and interesting video of Nhenha stopping Kambula pride from killing the Tsalala queens.

This ‘incident’ is what awoke my deep interest in studying the histories of Tsalala and the Birminghams…..until then, I really was only lurking on the periphery of Kruger lions
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(08-01-2022, 11:58 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 10:59 PM)afortich Wrote: Old and interesting video of Nhenha stopping Kambula pride from killing the Tsalala queens.

This ‘incident’ is what awoke my deep interest in studying the histories of Tsalala and the Birminghams…..until then, I really was only lurking on the periphery of Kruger lions

The same here bro. 
After this, I wanted to know more about Tsalala pride but what I couldn't figure out was how Tsalala and the Kambula pride are related, as mentioned in the video.
3 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-15-2024, 01:56 AM by Mapokser )

(08-02-2022, 12:13 AM)afortich Wrote:

The same here bro. 
After this, I wanted to know more about Tsalala pride but what I couldn't figure out was how Tsalala and the Kambula pride are related, as mentioned in the video.

4 lionesses were born in the Tsalala pride by Mapogos in I guess 2009. In 2010 the Majingilane attacked the pride after killing one of the Mapogos. One Tsalala female escaped with the 4 younger lionesses and raised them, these 4 lionesses would be later known as the Mangheni or Tsalala Breakaway pride.

The 4 lionesses had 6 female cubs with the Majingilane and they broke away from their mothers just like their mothers did with the original Tsalala Pride. These 6 and their descendents are what we call the Kambula pride.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

(08-03-2022, 08:45 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 12:13 AM)afortich Wrote:

The same here bro. 

4 lionesses were born in the Tsalala pride by Mlowathi/Mapogos in I guess 2009. In 2010 the Majingilane attacked the pride after killing one of the Mapogos. One Tsalala female escaped with the 4 younger lionesses and raised them, these 4 lionesses would be later known as the Mangheni or Tsalala Breakaway pride.

The 4 lionesses had 6 female cubs with the Majingilane and they broke away from their mothers just like their mothers did with the original Tsalala Pride. These 6 and their descendents are what we call the Kambula pride.

Thanks for the info. 
So it seems that they are far relatives, I thought Tsalala queen was closer to Kambulas to the point that may have interacted before the encounter in the video.