There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mfumo beating up Tinyo. On some longer  version of that video ranger say after the fight "Now you got to see why Mfumo is called the Authority"
1 user Likes Potato's post

Bosnia and Herzegovina pancho Offline
New Join

(09-21-2019, 11:37 PM)Potato Wrote: Mfumo beating up Tinyo. On some longer  version of that video ranger say after the fight "Now you got to see why Mfumo is called the Authority"

Thank you ! :)

Musa15 Offline

Compelling video. I really miss Mfumo, what a specimen.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Abomai Offline

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3q25VpnMB1/...m8z44jk5xl

The king is dead. RIP Nsuku
3 users Like Abomai's post

Czech Republic Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Abomai :

Your link at #1639:

" A king is dead.

Once 5 members strong, the Gowrie male coalition is now down to 2. The third king to fall did so overnight. His last breath was probably a sigh of relief - this male had been in poor condition for some time. The 2 surviving lions are still in firm control of their territory and it doesn’t look like the loss will jeopardize their reign,
at least for the time being.
Long live the kings.
Photo by ranger Liam Henderson   "

6 users Like Spalea's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

I was hoping Nsuku would be able to make it with his limp. Unfortunately, his condition deteriorated precipitously as evidenced by this photograph which was presumably taken sometimes before his death (all credits to the photographer, I couldn't find a name or account to credit the image to.)

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Matimbalani's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 12:05 AM by Cunaguaro )

RIP wonderful lion. I will remember you this way.

Credits to the authors of the images.. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like Cunaguaro's post

wildship Offline
New Join

(10-18-2019, 12:01 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: RIP wonderful lion. I will remember you this way.

Credits to the authors of the images.. 

wildship Offline
New Join

Does anyone know how my favorite lion injured his hip?

Musa15 Offline

Over the past 2 decades we've been spoiled with such amazing male lion coalitions(Majins, Mapogo, Matimba's, Notch's) who lasted for so many years, way beyond what most Lions normally last in the wild, that perhaps one tends to forget how quickly it can fall apart and that even some of the most impressive Lions can die even in their prime. R.I.P. Nsuku, hopefully the remaining 2 brothers can maintain their power.
3 users Like Musa15's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

What...Wait a minute... These 5 male impressive collation now remained to 2 ?

Oh my.. I was not following this thread from long time and now I am feeling how stupid I was. Can any one write a small summary how 3 of these lions died ?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 11:17 AM by Potato )

(10-19-2019, 10:02 AM)wildship Wrote: Does anyone know how my favorite lion injured his hip?

Kambulas attacked him when he was trying to stole their food. Also there is one more think which Mala Mala broughts in their report:
"One of the males is still not in good health and hasn’t been for a while. His condition seems to be getting worse, albeit slowly. We can’t help but think back to the Matshapiri male who died near Campbell Koppies a few years ago for there appear to be several similarities with regard to symptoms. We believe that bovine tuberculosis(BTB) is the cause. BTB is a slow-progressing disease. The estimated time from infection to death is between two and five years. The majority of lions appear healthy. Lions with advanced BTB may show symptoms like swollen joints, slow-healing wounds, poor coat condition, weight loss, coughing and difficulty breathing. The male is currently showing signs of the symptoms in bold."

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-20-2019, 07:16 AM)sanjay Wrote: What...Wait a minute... These 5 male impressive collation now remained to 2 ?

Oh my.. I was not following this thread from long time and now I am feeling how stupid I was. Can any one write a small summary how 3 of these lions died ?

Scraper was gorged by buffalo, Mfumo disapedered in mysterious circumstances in mid 2018 and now Nsuku died from starwation as his leg was injured from a couple of months and he could not keep up  with the pride nor hunt for himself.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Musa15 Offline

(10-17-2019, 09:08 PM)Matimbalani Wrote: I was hoping Nsuku would be able to make it with his limp. Unfortunately, his condition deteriorated precipitously as evidenced by this photograph which was presumably taken sometimes before his death (all credits to the photographer, I couldn't find a name or account to credit the image to.)

Still a full and aesthetic mane as he slowly left this earth, even in death he remained majestic.