There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 01:51 AM by afortich )

(09-27-2021, 01:58 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: The Famous Spearboy.

With an old and severe injury on his back preventing him from progressing from a previous fight with many males and with the death of his father, who made his son his partner for a period of time, Spearboy appears today impressive and beautiful as always, a lion who knows how to survive and has the power of persistence!. He was seen with another young male and 2 females and two subadult males. Spearboy descends from great genes, the Notch bloodline.

Many thanks to my brother @hassaneini for sharing this amazing updates about Spearboy.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for prints: @hassaneini

How old is Spearboy? Any recent news about how he is doing??
3 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 12:02 PM by BigLion39 )

Hes doing well. Last updates I saw was roughly a month ago looking in fantastic condition, nice full, darker mane, with full belly, despite the still bad, problematic limp. He was in close proximity to a few other females. I forget the area he was close by, maybe Lookout area. He must be around 9 years old now, give or take.

This pic was posted March 21, 2022... credits in pic....

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like BigLion39's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-29-2022, 11:55 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Hes doing well. Last updates I saw was roughly a month ago looking in fantastic condition, nice full, darker mane, with full belly, despite the still bad, problematic limp. He was in close proximity to a few other females. I forget the area he was close by, maybe Lookout area. He must be around 9 years old now, give or take.

This pic was posted March 21, 2022... credits in pic....

Thank you for the update buddy!!
3 users Like afortich's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/3 Salas males, Osapuk, by Big On Wild

7 users Like lionuk's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-30-2022, 01:22 PM by BigLion39 )

1 of the 5 young Encoyanai boys, Mwana.  These 5 boys are pride males of the Offbeat Pride. 5 of the 6 are alive and well, sons of Lolparpit and Olbarnoti!

6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
7 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 11:38 AM by BigLion39 )

Sala in this pic, brother to Cheza, Junior, Lolparpit, and Olbarnoti. They left the Ridge Pride together as a 5 male coalition. Took over the Olkiombo, aka Fig Tree, Pride. Lolparpit and Olbarnoti had a rough time with the females as they were very young at the time so they split from the other 3 and started their famous journey!

8 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

1/2  Mguro boys. His name is Mrefu, son of Slit Nose Bob Marley and Ziggy Marley, the old notorious Ololooloo Boys!  He looks juat like Slit Nose!

BigLion39 Offline

The all and powerful Chongo, looks so much like Lolparpit!!!

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-02-2022, 12:45 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: The all and powerful Chongo, looks so much like Lolparpit!!!

Lolparpit had such a distinctive and beautiful appearance, you can really see him in Chongo for sure. From the sounds of it, he inherited his father's feistiness as well.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Mwarcaar Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-04-2022, 11:08 AM by Mwarcaar )

4 of 5 inselbergs males
throwbacks to 2017 when they were still in the serengeti singita mara river
they are now in the mara triangle and continue to move north

At 06:00

7 users Like Mwarcaar's post

BigLion39 Offline

Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwarcaar Offline

(07-05-2022, 01:28 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!

I 've heard that too 
is there a map of masai mara with territories of the differents prides and coalitions that control them?
2 users Like Mwarcaar's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2022, 05:53 PM by BA0701 )

(07-05-2022, 01:28 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!

That split lip was the first thing I noticed first time I saw these boys. Do we, by chance, know how it came to be, was he born with it?
2 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-05-2022, 03:17 PM)Mwarcaar Wrote: I 've heard that too 
is there a map of masai mara with territories of the differents prides and coalitions that control them?

I don't think there is a current map. I do remember seeing a map once before but I don't think its anything like these fine gentleman on the forum make for Sabi Sands and Kruger. You can check on the Mara Preddtor Conservation Program page.
3 users Like BigLion39's post