There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

Jesse at 11 years old is looking incredible. 

Last time these guys saw one another as father & son was in 2017. 

Such an amazing interaction. 

Jesse is the Nomad King.
9 users Like Mabingilane's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Rekeros giving two of their sub sons a tough send off.

6 users Like BA0701's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Tribesman from the Mara chases off a lioness who is eating one of his cows.

2 users Like BA0701's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(06-06-2022, 07:31 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Last time these guys saw one another as father & son was in 2017. 
Jesse probably was in awe how impressive his son looked
2 users Like lionuk's post

BigLion39 Offline

The 4 Mara North Boys, aka Ex-Offbeat Boys pushed into Lemek territory and chased out the 5 big, younger Sankai Boys up into Enonkishu conservancy !!! These 2 coalitions have been chasing each other back and forth for a while now. Ntui (in one of the pics) has been matung with a Lemek lioness. Saruni and Osidai are in the other pics while Oronkai was close by! Dynamics are shifting up there, let's see what happens! 

Credits... screenshots of video taken by Jackson Photography...

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

RIP Sirikoi. Video just dropped about 10 mins ago, with no word on cause of death.

7 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.
6 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-19-2022, 02:26 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.

Thats the problem, you cant threat wild lions in longer period of times, it wont work.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(06-19-2022, 02:26 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.

That is sad news indeed. I had done a search, not being as familiar with Sirikoi, and found other posts in this thread so with assuming doing what it does I posted it in the wrong thread. I will leave it here now, due to replies, which will break up continuity at this point. Thank you for the information on his plight @BigLion39
4 users Like BA0701's post

Mwarcaar Offline

Extended video of olobor killing hyena with others clan members trying to chase him off

6 users Like Mwarcaar's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 10:15 AM by BigLion39 )

Marsh Pride males Logol & Halftail have been seen in Mara North Conservancy expanding their territory into the vacancies left by the 4 Ex- Offbeat boys. Acatia Pride and the River Pride are on the menu! Interesting time ahead. Hopefully they won't fully vacate Marsh territory and see their young Cubs to adulthood. 

5 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(06-24-2022, 02:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Maesh Pride males Logol & Halftail have been seen in Mara North Conservancy expanding their territory into the vacancies left by the 4 Ex- Offbeat boys. Acatia Pride and the River Pride are on the menu! Interesting time ahead. Hopefully they won't fully vacate Marsh territory and see their young Cubs to adulthood. 

Fixed it for you my friend.
3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(06-24-2022, 09:42 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Fixed it for you my friend.

Thank you!!!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwarcaar Offline

Chongo of the bilashaka coaliton

8 users Like Mwarcaar's post

Mwarcaar Offline

Another extended video of olobor against the hyena clan, better view an earlier action 

8 users Like Mwarcaar's post