There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(08-31-2022, 12:21 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 03:57 PM)Horizon Wrote: Seems there was peace for 2 years. Any idea who the intruders are here?

I'm not sure where it took place. I know Salas are beginning to take Moniko-Sankai Pride so  maybe it was anywhere around there or Topi Plains territory.  But the 3 big Salas pushed the 4 Bila Shaka back, for now. 

Jesse2 also has to be careful as his 4 young sons from Sankai- Moniko are pushing him and his pride close over by the Massai Villiage. Scary times ahead for them as male lions on 1 side and massai/cattle herders on the other. Not good.

Wow! Nobody wants to take on Salas. They are roaring like thunder in that last video.
Wasn’t Moniko-Sankai Pride already taken over by Black Rock boys after killing Olope? Now Salas are neighbours to Black Rock boys?
These seem to bad times for Jesse2 of late.
4 users Like Horizon's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

@BigLion39 you are very knowledgeble about Masai Mara lions, it would be great if you can make some map of Mara and their lions? I think most people here (including me) have very little knowledge about locations of these prides and coalitions in Mara.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

Salas males are so fierce. Remind me so much of their Fathers Buddha & Slaver in terms of looks. The 3 Salas Olepolos, Orkitok & Osapuk are huge males are more successful and a lot more dominant. Being 3 in a coalition obviously helps, but they have a distinct aura of confidence & ferocity around them. 
6 pack need to focus on their own prides and keeping their legacy safe in the Triangle instead of jumping from territory to territory, Invading. They remind me of their half brothers the 4 iseketa boys to some degree. But at least Doa stays and protects the prides. 

None of the surrounding coalitions should cross the Salas Males right now. 

Nearby to Salas Males, Nyekundo and Osupaat the Fig Tree boys are also incredible as a duo! At just 5 years old they have truly become great pride males of Enkoyonai Pride. They rule a prime piece of land Round DC and i hope they rule that pride for a while.
6 users Like Mabingilane's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-31-2022, 05:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: BigLion39 you are very knowledgeble about Masai Mara lions, it would be great if you can make some map of Mara and their lions? I think most people here (including me) have very little knowledge about locations of these prides and coalitions in Mara.

Wow thank you for thinking of me here!  I would love a map of the different coalitions and prides of the Mara as well. Ill see if I can find someone knowledgeable on social media and maybe we can get a map going.  I don't have a grasp on all the locations yet. It gets confusing because prides have more than one name, for example Fig Tree Pride is really called Olkiombo Pride and then even more confusing is the Moniko- Sankai Pride. In one conservancy ita called Moniko but they have territory in the Reserve and they are referred to as Sankai Pride. Very confusing. Ill see what I can do.
5 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-31-2022, 06:29 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: None of the surrounding coalitions should cross the Salas Males right now. 

Totally agree! They don't play around! Another 3 member coalition in Naboisho, the 3 Rongai Boys are just as fierce, great fathers and protectors as well! They have similar characteristics, both coalitions!
Osapuk resembles Ginger so much as the other 2 remind me of Black!
6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Look at this boy Engogu! 1/5 Offbeat Pride males aka Encoyanai Boys!!! They've grown so fast! This one reminds me of young Lolparpit!

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 11:14 PM by BA0701 )

(08-31-2022, 11:04 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 05:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: BigLion39 you are very knowledgeble about Masai Mara lions, it would be great if you can make some map of Mara and their lions? I think most people here (including me) have very little knowledge about locations of these prides and coalitions in Mara.

Wow thank you for thinking of me here!  I would love a map of the different coalitions and prides of the Mara as well. Ill see if I can find someone knowledgeable on social media and maybe we can get a map going.  I don't have a grasp on all the locations yet. It gets confusing because prides have more than one name, for example Fig Tree Pride is really called Olkiombo Pride and then even more confusing is the Moniko- Sankai Pride. In one conservancy ita called Moniko but they have territory in the Reserve and they are referred to as Sankai Pride. Very confusing. Ill see what I can do.

@BigLion39 , my friend, if there were anyone in our community who I would recommend for such an undertaking, you would be it. Your extensive knowledge of the Mara prides and coalitions is always impressive, remarkable, and appreciated. We all hope for, and look forward to your success with this, thank you for considering it!
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-31-2022, 11:10 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Look at this boy Engogu! 1/5 Offbeat Pride males aka Encoyanai Boys!!! They've grown so fast! This one reminds me of young Lolparpit!

Wow! That boy eats his Wheaties, what a monster!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 11:19 PM by BigLion39 )

(08-31-2022, 01:06 PM)Horizon Wrote: Wow! Nobody wants to take on Salas. They are roaring like thunder in that last video.
Wasn’t Moniko-Sankai Pride already taken over by Black Rock boys after killing Olope? Now Salas are neighbours to Black Rock boys?
These seem to bad times for Jesse2 of late.

Olope and Olbarikoi were basically leaving Moniko-Sankai and took over Fig Tree breakaway pride by that time. Olope intruded into Black Rockers territory unfortunately and he paid the ultimate price! Makes sense as Olbarikoi and his brothers offspring have left the pride and are now making their own way. Still such a shame Olope was killed!

7 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Morani and his son the Rekero Breakaway Boy were seen. Supposely they've killed some cattle and are in trouble. I hope the Massai don't take revenge.  He is 14 and doing very well and has a chance to live some more great years if he can stay outta harms way! Fingers crossed

6 users Like BigLion39's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Huge boys Sheenka & Merrinyo

5 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Black Rock male

3 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 12:00 PM by BigLion39 )

The Ex Offbeat have a pride in Oloisukut Conservancy, where we have just seen Morani and The Rekero Breakaway Boy. This  conservancy is the the Western border of Mara North and on a small portion of the Reserves Northern border.  1st pic is Osidai, 2nd pic is Ntui....

4 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(09-02-2022, 01:56 AM)afortich Wrote: Black Rock Males
Ranger says Olobor but it is Oloshipa. You can see the scars on Oloshipas left eye from when they killed Olope and Olobor has huge, long elbow tufts. Olobors mane has turned very dark brown/black more than Oloshipa now. Thats how I tell them apart.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 01:03 PM by BigLion39 )

Wow! Another crazy turn of events! Looks like Longface is no more! Very sad but he's left quite a legacy of strong, adult males and females! Finally looks like Spearboy might have a friend! Kutiti and Spearboy, awesome! 

8 users Like BigLion39's post