There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 11:13 PM by Lipstick2 )

(09-17-2022, 03:48 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Some new Seenka and 1 of his bros, either Kini or Lerai  not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29147758...707598251/

Edit... this group is "Lions of the Mara". If you can, join the group to see these videos.

As i see they were both with him - Kini is the one with his large mane as well, and he still has the most blonde of them all; and Lerai with his small mane, i think he is Olekiti's only son among the boys.
3 users Like Lipstick2's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(09-17-2022, 11:13 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 03:48 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Some new Seenka and 1 of his bros, either Kini or Lerai  not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29147758...707598251/

Edit... this group is "Lions of the Mara". If you can, join the group to see these videos.

As i see they were both with him - Kini is the one with his large mane as well, and he still has the most blonde of them all; and Lerai with his small mane, i think he is Olekiti's only son among the boys.

there getting impressive
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

BigLion39 Offline

(09-17-2022, 11:13 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote: As i see they were both with him - Kini is the one with his large mane as well, and he still has the most blonde of them all; and Lerai with his small mane, i think he is Olekiti's only son among the boys.

Yes I agree, Lerai, the only son of Olekiti from these brothers! 
Lerai went after the Lioness and Kini was in the grass.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Salas power!!!

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like BigLion39's post

DE_66 Offline

(07-28-2022, 02:11 AM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 02:06 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Unfortunately the legendary Slit Lip, 1/5 Egyptian Goose Pride males succumbed to his injuries and was found this morning dead . RIP my warrior. Nobody knows who were responsible. What is known is that the 6 Pack (aka Bila Shaka) males, the 6 young Sausage Tree Boys, and the 3 Paradise Boys were in somewhat close proximity to each other so it might possibly be any one of them, or another set of males that we haven't seen. Very sad but nature took its course and took this great male from this world! He did what he was supposed to and passed his genes into prides for the future! Hope his 4 brothers Olopolosie, Nusu, Ruka, and Manywelle can continue the legacy of the Inselberg Coalition!
So sad. He did not look that bad. He still could walk  I thought he could make it.

Might have lost too much blood.  Also could have been some internal damage.
3 users Like DE_66's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Serengeti boys look impressive!!

7 users Like afortich's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-19-2022, 10:33 PM)afortich Wrote: Serengeti boys look impressive!!

I believe that male being attacked is Kijana, the young male who was with Olalashe in the video involving Fang (Blondie). So, I would assume that this was filmed before that incident.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 12:54 AM by afortich )

(09-20-2022, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I believe that male being attacked is Kijana, the young male who was with Olalashe in the video involving Fang (Blondie). So, I would assume that this was filmed before that incident.

Got it my friend. Some of this small channels publish videos that are not recent.
They didn't' kill Kijana, right?
What happened to Olalashe??
3 users Like afortich's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-20-2022, 12:49 AM)afortich Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Got it my friend. Some of this small channels publish videos that are not recent.
They didn't' kill Kijana, right?
What happened to Olalashe??

Nobody knows, Olalashe disappeared, as has Kijana if I am not mistaken, not long after the video of them with Fang (Blondie) was filmed. Just more of the lion disappearances in the Mara, would be my guess.
5 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 12:20 PM by BigLion39 )

(09-20-2022, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote: believe that male being attacked is Kijana, the young male who was with Olalashe in the video involving Fang (Blondie). So, I would assume that this was filmed before that incident.

Unfortunately my friend it is not the Kijana that was partnered with Ololashe! His name is Kijana but he is Black Rock males younger brother and is together with his brother Lekijana. They were actually hanging with 4 Black Rock Boys together with their sister a few months ago!  So both Kijana and Lekijana are hanging around the same area and prides that those 3 huge Serenghetti boys are.

Wish we knew what happened to Ololashe, Kijana, and Fang. Just more lions who just vanish with no trace in the Mara!

Ololashe was sired in Cheli Pride (Mara North) with his brother Prince Mkia by males Dere and Barrikoi. Dere disappeared and Barrikoi is still around up in Lemek conservancy.

Ololashe's parner, Kijana, was sired in Owino pride and is said to actually be 1 of the sons of Kitchwa male Fang(Blondie) and Snip Tail. Ololashe and Kijana must have partnered up when Ololashe lost his brother Prince Mkia and moved into Owino Pride territory. Makes sense because the Kitchwa males held the Owino Pride for years. So my thinking tells me Ololashe, Kijana, and Fang all knew each other during that awesome video we all love filmed by WE..
6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Some updates on Lolparpit and Olbarnoti last 5 sons. Theyre doing great!.......

6 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-21-2022, 12:05 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote: believe that male being attacked is Kijana, the young male who was with Olalashe in the video involving Fang (Blondie). So, I would assume that this was filmed before that incident.

Unfortunately my friend it is not the Kijana that was partnered with Ololashe! His name is Kijana but he is Black Rock males younger brother and is together with his brother Lekijana. They were actually hanging with 4 Black Rock Boys together with their sister a few months ago!  So both Kijana and Lekijana are hanging around the same area and prides that those 3 huge Serenghetti boys are.

Wish we knew what happened to Ololashe, Kijana, and Fang. Just more lions who just vanish with no trace in the Mara!

Ololashe was sired in Cheli Pride (Mara North) with his brother Prince Mkia by males Dere and Barrikoi. Dere disappeared and Barrikoi is still around up in Lemek conservancy.

Ololashe's parner, Kijana, was sired in Owino pride and is said to actually be 1 of the sons of Kitchwa male Fang(Blondie) and Snip Tail. Ololashe and Kijana must have partnered up when Ololashe lost his brother Prince Mkia and moved into Owino Pride territory. Makes sense because the Kitchwa males held the Owino Pride for years. So my thinking tells me Ololashe, Kijana, and Fang all knew each other during that awesome video we all love filmed by WE..

Wow, thank you so much for that. Yes, having the same name, and identical short blonde manes, lezd me to believe it was the same Kijana. Thank you for clearing that up.

The background on Kijana and Ololashe was very much appreciated. It is really sad that these things continue to happen in the Mara, with so many missing lions.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Contributor

(09-21-2022, 12:05 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

Thank you for the history class buddy!!
2 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline

Amazing data coming out of Oloiskuit Conservancy from a collard lioness that is hanging with the legend Morani and his son The Rekero Breakaway Boy! Thanks to Mara Predetor Conservation Program for doing the best they can to protect our lions! 

5 users Like BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-23-2022, 04:22 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Amazing data coming out of Oloiskuit Conservancy from a collard lioness that is hanging with the legend Morani and his son The Rekero Breakaway Boy! Thanks to Mara Predetor Conservation Program for doing the best they can to protect our lions! 

How old is the 'ol boy now, 15, 16? Either way an absolute legend of a lion, with such a storied history.
4 users Like BA0701's post