There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(03-22-2024, 03:01 AM)Maghreb Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 01:06 AM)BA0701 Black Dam Males\ offspring? Wrote: Chela with her 3 new cubs.

I assume so, yes. Though Mohawk was spending time with the pride off and on back then, not sure he was observed mating with anyone.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Cath2020 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 08:22 AM by BA0701 )

5 users Like Cath2020's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-30-2024, 02:24 AM by afortich )

3 users Like afortich's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 02:28 AM by BA0701 )

Kahnya still lingering with the Nkuhumas, and Chela with her cubs doesn't seem very pleased with it. Young male is going to get himself in trouble, being alone and so young.

What does Painted Wolf mean by "not from a Facebook fan page?

EDIT:
I believe he may have mentioned the FB fan pages, in regards to the spelling of Msutlu, which I too had spelled with an H as well, after reading other sites on the matter.

4 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 12:42 PM by KM600 )

(03-30-2024, 11:58 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Kahnya still lingering with the Nkuhumas, and Chela with her cubs doesn't seem very pleased with it. Young male is going to get himself in trouble, being alone and so young.

EDIT:
I believe he may have mentioned the FB fan pages, in regards to the spelling of Msutlu, which I too had spelled with an H as well, after reading other sites on the matter.

I know I’m not meant to like seeing things like this occur for the sake of both the pride and cubs, but it really is great seeing Khanya back with some newfound dominance. 

Does anyone know if the BDMs have actually met their cubs yet because it would be weird for them to stay away knowing the pride will need help protecting them. They are very fortunate Khanya is by himself and didn’t show up with other males because the cubs might already be dead.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Super Moderator

(03-31-2024, 12:36 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 11:58 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Kahnya still lingering with the Nkuhumas, and Chela with her cubs doesn't seem very pleased with it. Young male is going to get himself in trouble, being alone and so young.

EDIT:

I know I’m not meant to like seeing things like this occur for the sake of both the pride and cubs, but it really is great seeing Khanya back with some newfound dominance. 

Does anyone know if the BDMs have actually met their cubs yet because it would be weird for them to stay away knowing the pride will need help protecting them. They are very fortunate Khanya is by himself and didn’t show up with other males because the cubs might already be dead.

I was wondering about the status of the BDMs, too. Seems crazy watching their pride take a submissive posture to a lone male, and they are nowhere to be seen.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Why is he called Msutlu? His sisters are renamed, not him, he is Talamati.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(03-31-2024, 06:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Why is he called Msutlu? His sisters are renamed, not him, he is Talamati.

More of the confusion caused by this, I assume.

(03-31-2024, 06:47 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

EDIT:

I was wondering about the status of the BDMs, too. Seems crazy watching their pride take a submissive posture to a lone male, and they are nowhere to be seen.

Tbf I did see a story highlight of one of the BDMs the other day, they’re clearly not in their main territory tho around ChitwaChitwa or else they would’ve responded to Khanyas roaring.

(03-31-2024, 06:58 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Why is he called Msutlu? His sisters are renamed, not him, he is Talamati.

More of the confusion caused by this, I assume.

This is actually an error on PaintedWolfs part, they still refer to him on WildEarth as the Talamati male.

Super Moderator

(03-31-2024, 07:00 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 06:47 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

EDIT:

Tbf I did see a story highlight of one of the BDMs the other day, they’re clearly not in their main territory tho around ChitwaChitwa or else they would’ve responded to Khanyas roaring.

Hopefully they're close enough to hear what is going on. I certainly don't wish any harm to come to Khanya, but the BDMs need to be there to protect their pride, and push him off.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Where are the Nkuhuma ym the youngest??? The 1 big talamati beat up

Super Moderator

Khanya is still with them, but closer this morning. I have no idea where the BDMs are, but I don't like where this is currently heading, for the cubs, and the BDMs.

1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 07:39 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-31-2024, 07:26 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Khanya is still with them, but closer this morning. I have no idea where the BDMs are, but I don't like where this is currently heading, for the cubs, and the BDMs.

I dont think he is threat for the cubs, i think he is more joining them because of company then because he wants to takeover them or something, especially at this stage.

He did the same thing with unknown pride in Kruger not long ago.

I mean, if thats his intentions, he could just as well attack those subs, but he doesnt.

And in the end, as a nomad male who lost his brother just few months ago, i dont think he yet has confidence for such things.

In the past, his brother showed most agression towards other lions, he was more of a gentle giant joining parties around in a submissive tone.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(03-31-2024, 07:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 07:26 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Khanya is still with them, but closer this morning. I have no idea where the BDMs are, but I don't like where this is currently heading, for the cubs, and the BDMs.

I dont think he is threat for the cubs, i think he is more joining them because of company then because he wants to takeover them or something, especially at this stage.

He did the same thing with unknown pride in Kruger not long ago.

I mean, if thats his intentions, he could just as well attack those subs, but he doesnt.

And in the end, as a nomad male who lost his brother just few months ago, i dont think he yet has confidence for such things.

I do think you might be right, watching more of this video I get a lonely Big Boy vibe from him, he just wants to sleep near them. Something about the Nkuhumas that seems to do this to these young males. I really hope he leaves a long and lasting legacy, I had high hopes for him and his brother to carry on in DM's stead.
3 users Like BA0701's post