There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Nature & Animal Art!

Jimmy Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:37 PM by Jimmy )

(08-10-2018, 04:26 PM)Shir Babr Wrote: You're very kind. Is polymer clay.

Wow brilliant!!! i am so  jealous, how big is it looks small is it? The One thing i would like to make are sculptures of animals, head full body in detail but i am very bad at it. what is easiest to do clay, papermache  etc. And tools do you need dentist machines like when you need to carve or make it smooth. Any advise?!!
2 users Like Jimmy's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:57 PM by sanjay )

This is brilliant guys. @Jimmy and @Shir Babr You guys are so talented.. Jimmy before uploading to any place on interent always add your copyright in some corner of image.. Images on internet get stolen and rebelled

Now I am thinking to open a thread.. where you guys should think of selling this type of art.. I am sure you will get customer... Let me know what do you think ??

I am very lucky to have such talented members on WildFact.. we have many here who are great in animal art..
4 users Like sanjay's post

Jimmy Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 08:00 PM by Jimmy )

(08-10-2018, 04:55 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is brilliant guys. @Jimmy and @Shir Babr You guys are so talented.. Jimmy before uploading to any place on interent always add your copyright in some corner of image.. Images on internet get stolen and rebelled

Now I am thinking to open a thread.. where you guys should think of selling this type of art.. I am sure you will get customer... Let me know what do you think ??

I am very lucky to have such talented members on WildFact.. we have many here who are great in animal art..

Thanks a lot @sanjay yeah they pretty much get stolen on internet but I am in a dilemma if i do copyright i will have to put my real name right? If so, i think it's fine, they can't get the real art anyway, what's would be your suggestion on how to do it?

That will be great if someone is interested in buying art, but mind you I haven't got that many to fill the thread and some are not that good for selling. Yeah there may be other members also. i think anyone interested in art or wildlife or any organization working with wildlife could be a potential  client, i myself am involved in exhibitions in different organization but that is a part time thing as it is very difficult to do art and earn enough money. Currently i am in archeology, Anyway these are my views.

No way, i think iam really fortunate to be part of this community and enjoy diverse opinions, feeds from you all :)
4 users Like Jimmy's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Jimmy : I discover and I like your acrylic painting very much... Bravo !

I like to draw passionately, but about painting I lack the patience.
4 users Like Spalea's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 09:26 PM by sanjay )

(08-10-2018, 06:36 PM)Jimmy Wrote: Thanks a lot sanjay yeah they pretty much get stolen on internet but I am in a dilemma if i do copyright i will have to put my real name right? If so, i think it's fine, they can't get the real art anyway, what's would be your suggestion on how to do it?

Putting your real name make things easy in future.. especially if you want to file complaint... But if you only care of branding and fame .. so people start recognizing a brand associated with your images then you can use anything... a logo.. some pseudo name etc... use it every where and make it your synonyms in the internet world.. Jimmy is also fine..

Asia is not good place to sell art anymore... Europe, US, Canada, Australia are better option.. So in short go online...
If I see interest in members I will try to create it in future...
2 users Like sanjay's post

Canada Wolverine Away

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Wolverine's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 11-23-2018, 11:51 PM by Wolverine )

(08-10-2018, 06:36 PM)Jimmy Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 04:55 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is brilliant guys. @Jimmy and @Shir Babr You guys are so talented.. Jimmy before uploading to any place on interent always add your copyright in some corner of image.. Images on internet get stolen and rebelled

Thanks a lot @sanjay yeah they pretty much get stolen on internet but I am in a dilemma if i do copyright i will have to put my real name right? If so, i think it's fine, they can't get the real art anyway, what's would be your suggestion on how to do it?

That will be great if someone is interested in buying art,  but mind you I haven't got that many to fill the thread and some are not that good for selling. Yeah there may be other members also. i think anyone interested in art or wildlife or any organization working with wildlife could be a potential  client, i myself am involved in exhibitions in different organization but that is a part time thing as it is very difficult to do art and earn enough money. Currently i am in archeology, Anyway these are my views.

No way, i think iam really fortunate  to be part of this community and enjoy diverse opinions, feeds from you all :)

Have you heard about general John Nicholson (1821-1857), a legendary British officer in India, who according some sources hunted tigers only with ..... sword, probably the only man in the Raj capable of such a feat.
http://smokymountainsvalleyvoice.com/joh...64-126.htm

"After long days of hunting down rebels, jumped on a horse, grabbed a sword and went tiger hunting - that's right tigers. This feat, was performed by riding round and round the tiger at a gallop, gradually narrowing the circle until at last the swordsman is near enough to deliver his blow. The tiger, it is said, follows the flying figure of the horseman, waiting an opportunity to spring upon him, but eventually becomes too bewildered to act."

@Jimmy , having an obvious painting talent maybe you can try to draw a dramatic scene of hunting of tiger by this desparately brave man and even offer your picture to some British newspapers, I don't know about somebody tried to do this yet? The only weapon Nicholson used was a cavalry officer sword model 1840's-1850's, probably same used in Crimean war; and of course a horse. This man was 2 m tall and had a Hercules body building. Here you can see some images of John Nicholson:

@Rishi  @Pckts   do you have more info about Nicholson, do you think hunting of a tiger only with cold weapons is something real, or these are only legends?

In wiki is written:
"Horses and camels were used by cavalry officers in the 17th century India, which they found to be more reliable and less unpredictable than elephants. After chasing the tigers to exhaustion, the riders would gallop around the tigers in ever decreasing circles, and then kill the tiger with a sword.[2] "
2 users Like Wolverine's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

Well, horses (and humans) have much more endurance than tigers, so it can make sense that humans, once facing a exhausted tiger, could kill it much easier with bare sword. But any less of that tired tiger, and the human would get shredded to pieces.
2 users Like Polar's post

Mexico Shir Babr Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 07:35 AM by Shir Babr )

(11-23-2018, 11:36 PM)Wolverine Wrote: This man was 2 m tall and had a Hercules body building. Here you can see some images of John Nicholson:

Does he really look like this to you?

Is #118 your work?

@Jimmy
So sorry for not replying then man, I forgot to subscribe to the thread and been kinda busy. The rhino was 12 cm long. I've never done paper mache; I started modelling clay when I was a child, never had any type of lessons so I wouldn't know what to tell you, except that if you want to carve you indeed need specific tools to do it, as for modelling clay you can pretty much use anything you want. On the other hand, I'd love to be able to paint, how much time took you to be where you are? I have many ideas for wildlife paintings but I lack the means to do it.
1 user Likes Shir Babr's post

Canada Wolverine Away

(11-24-2018, 07:34 AM)Shir Babr Wrote: Does he really look like this to you?

For sure Nicholson didn't look like that as long as Victorian Age British officers didn't show their genitals to the surrounding people.... (as in Hercules sculpture)

Mexico Shir Babr Offline

(11-24-2018, 11:52 AM)Wolverine Wrote: For sure Nicholson didn't look like that as long as Victorian Age British officers didn't show their genitals to the surrounding people.... (as in Hercules sculpture)

Yeah, I'm sure that uniform managed to perfectly dissimulate his massive weightlifter physique... And "good" one dude, trying to strawman me by focusing on the statue's package... Shows you know what's important, lol.

Whatever... Here's another one of mine, a Megaloceros giganteus. I'll post more pics when I found them.

5 users Like Shir Babr's post

Jimmy Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 01:20 PM by Jimmy )

@Wolverine yup i can try some sketches of that but im a bit busy in other things to do any detail works, @Shir Babr Great work,i would like to do the same in sculptures, but yeah it presumably takes whole lot of time to get better at it, I say in paintings it takes around 4-5 years in case you have some artistic knack at it
1 user Likes Jimmy's post

Jimmy Offline

just did a quick imaginery (1 whole day :)) water colour work.. .....!

7 users Like Jimmy's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Jimmy or anyone, Can you guys make a drawing which I can set as background for WildFact ? (I love your drawing Jimmy)
Try to show green nature with wild animals. Highlight should be in upward and downward area (since they are more visible)
2 users Like sanjay's post

Jimmy Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 03:09 PM by Jimmy )

(12-17-2018, 02:57 PM)sanjay Wrote: @Jimmy or anyone, Can you guys make a drawing which I can set as background for WildFact ? (I love your drawing Jimmy)
Try to show green nature with wild animals. Highlight should be in upward and downward area (since they are more visible)

you mean like in the current theme it shows a brown bear walking on snow, am i correct? do you want to replace that?