There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Osindile is BYM, right??
2 users Like afortich's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-18-2024, 10:04 PM)afortich Wrote: Osindile is BYM, right??

Yes, same male.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Definitely, the recent sightings of both males on their own lead us to believe they’re not together. Hopefully they’re still coalition partners.
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Limping Monwana male sighted yesterday at Thornybusj Safari Lodge. 
Photo credit: Lee Hellman Newell

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like T I N O's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-18-2024, 11:33 PM)T I N O Wrote: Limping Monwana male sighted yesterday at Thornybusj Safari Lodge. 
Photo credit: Lee Hellman Newell

I have never wished for any harm to any lion in my life, and in regards to this dear boy, I will only say that I hope his suffering is not prolonged. I hate seeing him like this.
6 users Like BA0701's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(05-18-2024, 09:51 PM)Mapokser Wrote: From the region they are dominant on, it might be whatever pride the H7 males controlled back in the day.

were the mymbula  males  in that same area before they left to north of kruger ?
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

One of the Vuyela males
Photo credit: Jason Street

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Tanda Tula - A week in pictures
Photo credits: Chad Cocking
The River Pride were seen with a couple of other kills, from impala to baby wildebeest, and an unknown feast that left ten members of the pride sleeping in the same spot for 36 hours! A couple of days later, the females made an opportunistic kill and were found with a fresh daytime-caught young zebra near Nkhari. The Sark Breakaways also spent the week looking in good shape, and I tried to spend time with them in the late evening on a couple of occasions but was lucky to even get a head-lift out of them! Needless to say, after the latter evening of laziness, the pride was located the next morning with not one, but two young buffalo kills! In the east, Ginger also found a single Mayambula female, but there were no signs of the rest of the pride. The Giraffe Pride surprisingly spent a week without showing face in the far west. The Vuyela males continued to make their presence known in the central regions, and we woke up to their roars almost every morning this week – morning roaring usually leads to a guarantee of early evening vocalizations

from them, and they didn’t disappoint and gave our guests several great roaring displays this week.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-18-2023, 10:33 PM)Potato Wrote: Throwback to Giraffe male, father of the 6 Black Dam males

Any video of the 6 black dam males together?
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

3 users Like Rabubi's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Kovu - One of the Birmingham breakaway males was with five of the Mayambula females at Timbavati
Photo courtesy of: Rob Mackintosh

7 users Like T I N O's post

Ttimemarti Offline

They have names?
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 07:43 PM by T I N O )

(05-23-2024, 07:22 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: They have names?
They get these unofficial names to ID them. 

The 6 Birmingham Breakaway males, in order; Kovu, Madzinyo, Gulayo, Indlebe, Ilanga and Dzombo. 

Kovu and Madzinyo are the 2 biggest, oldest and most dominant of the 6. Madzinyo is possibly the bulkier of the 6 and has a well-developed mane as Kovu

Gulayo and Dzombo are very similar (they are probably littermates), but Gulayo has perfect ears and a big cyst on his chest so he's sort of easy to ID, while Dzombo has a chipped right ear (check individual pics). 

Indlebe is the easiest to ID by far as he is missing half his left ear. 

Ilanga has a unique face and recently got a small dent on his left ear. He also has amber eyes and this sort of short face. According to guides he is the loner of the 6. 

Photo credits: Ziggi Hugo
Kovu

Madzinyo

Gulayo

Indlebe

Ilanga

10 users Like T I N O's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(05-23-2024, 07:40 PM)T I N O Wrote:
(05-23-2024, 07:22 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: They have names?
They get these unofficial names to ID them. 

The 6 Birmingham Breakaway males, in order; Kovu, Madzinyo, Gulayo, Indlebe, Ilanga and Dzombo. 

Kovu and Madzinyo are the 2 biggest, oldest and most dominant of the 6. Madzinyo is possibly the bulkier of the 6 and has a well-developed mane as Kovu

Gulayo and Dzombo are very similar (they are probably littermates), but Gulayo has perfect ears and a big cyst on his chest so he's sort of easy to ID, while Dzombo has a chipped right ear (check individual pics). 

Indlebe is the easiest to ID by far as he is missing half his left ear. 

Ilanga has a unique face and recently got a small dent on his left ear. He also has amber eyes and this sort of short face. According to guides he is the loner of the 6. 

Photo credits: Ziggi Hugo
Kovu

Madzinyo

Gulayo

Indlebe

Ilanga

Oh wow!! Thank you for that never knew!
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Mwk85 Offline

Northern Black Dam males found the Monwana females that have cubs with the Young Giraffe male. Unknown at the moment if the cubs are dead or alive.

9 users Like Mwk85's post