There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(06-25-2022, 04:23 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 04:12 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "The younger of the two Mbiri males has been hanging around our eastern parts for some time recently.

He’s being quite vocal and out in the open, but we can’t help wondering where the older Mbiri male is…"

Apparently, recently the Ross males chased one of them off. From what i've heard

Any word on if they might have caught Scar?

I saw scar on a separate post today with the Pride.   I suspect it’s all ok with both.   

The chase of Shaka was a few week back.   They ran him off a kill.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "The younger of the two Mbiri males has been hanging around our eastern parts for some time recently.

He’s being quite vocal and out in the open, but we can’t help wondering where the older Mbiri male is…"

Apparently, recently the Ross males chased one of them off. From what i've heard

i hope not i love these boys
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(06-25-2022, 04:51 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

I saw scar on a separate post today with the Pride.   I suspect it’s all ok with both.   

The chase of Shaka was a few week back.   They ran him off a kill.
that would be good match up 2 vs 2 they love to fight the mbiri boys
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

They chased to the smaller Mbiri male
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

With the Machatons north across the river and the Masungulos still primarily south and east, the Kudyela males are coming into maturity and mating with the pride females

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mapoza male came across the avoca pride and gave his son a tough time 

11 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 05:01 PM by DARK MANE )

(06-26-2022, 02:05 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Mapoza male came across the avoca pride and gave his son a tough time 
Very nice. 
Mapoza male seems to be very dominating. 
Young avoca male also look quite good.
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-26-2022, 02:05 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Mapoza male came across the avoca pride and gave his son a tough time 

The Mapoza male wasn't seen with the Avoca pride in ages. This is such a good sighting. Let's see what happens
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-26-2022, 08:45 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Mapoza male wasn't seen with the Avoca pride in ages. This is such a good sighting. Let's see what happens

Yea, he pretty much abandon them in 2020 when he left with Xikukutsu's into Thornybush.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Beautiful Avoca young male, Mapoza son:

Photo credits : bush_lens

*This image is copyright of its original author
12 users Like Tr1x24's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

(06-26-2022, 11:21 AM)Tonpa Wrote: With the Machatons north across the river and the Masungulos still primarily south and east, the Kudyela males are coming into maturity and mating with the pride females

Well done boy  Laughing
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-26-2022, 09:05 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Beautiful Avoca young male, Mapoza son:

Photo credits : bush_lens

Mapoza bloodline
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Shot of Marvin the Monwana pride male in 2009 in Thornybush before he reached his prime. I'm posting this shot to show how similar Marvin looks to the two Monwana males fathered by the Blackdam male, one of whom is still alive. Marvin was one of Blackdam's older brothers, and must have been a hell of a fighter, he battled the Blackdam male and his partner the Timbavati male and initially held them off. Even when they eventually won, he hung in there and joined their coalition. Image by Tangala Safari Camp.

11 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-29-2022, 02:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Shot of Marvin the Monwana pride male in 2009 in Thornybush before he reached his prime. I'm posting this shot to show how similar Marvin looks to the two Monwana males fathered by the Blackdam male, one of whom is still alive. Marvin was one of Blackdam's older brothers, and must have been a hell of a fighter, he battled the Blackdam male and his partner the Timbavati male and initially held them off. Even when they eventually won, he hung in there and joined their coalition. Image by Tangala Safari Camp.

If Marvin is actually BDM’S older brother, this means that they were both sired by old Ross males? If thats the case then their bloodline is really strong, they are also fathers to Avoca/Giraffe males, Rockifig male, etc. There are 2 coalitions that go by the name old Ross, the other old Ross coalition sired the current Ross males
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(06-29-2022, 05:21 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 02:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Shot of Marvin the Monwana pride male in 2009 in Thornybush before he reached his prime. I'm posting this shot to show how similar Marvin looks to the two Monwana males fathered by the Blackdam male, one of whom is still alive. Marvin was one of Blackdam's older brothers, and must have been a hell of a fighter, he battled the Blackdam male and his partner the Timbavati male and initially held them off. Even when they eventually won, he hung in there and joined their coalition. Image by Tangala Safari Camp.

If Marvin is actually BDM’S older brother, this means that they were both sired by old Ross males? If thats the case then their bloodline is really strong, they are also fathers to Avoca/Giraffe males, Rockifig male, etc. There are 2 coalitions that go by the name old Ross, the other old Ross coalition sired the current Ross males
Black dam male and Marvin father is Bubezi.
5 users Like Timbavati's post