There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Mapoza

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like lionuk's post

Salman B.A.M Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 10:55 PM by T I N O )

(09-30-2021, 12:24 AM)Timbavati Wrote: During the month of September we had some great sightings of the Birmingham young male and his new coalition partner the Torchwood male.
The Birmingham young male is a little bit bigger than the Torchwood male. Although the Torchwood male has got the bigger mane.
Photo credit: Johan Adolf Smalman

Can someone help me figure out which one is which? I am under the impression that the Baldy look is of Torchwood male while the fuller scalp of BYM.  So from the first pic, I am thinking the one in the front is TM while at the back is BYM, is that right ?
2 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 11:00 PM by T I N O )

(10-18-2021, 10:45 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 12:24 AM)Timbavati Wrote: During the month of September we had some great sightings of the Birmingham young male and his new coalition partner the Torchwood male.
The Birmingham young male is a little bit bigger than the Torchwood male. Although the Torchwood male has got the bigger mane.
Photo credit: Johan Adolf Smalman

Can someone help me figure out which one is which? I am under the impression that the Baldy look is of Torchwood male while the fuller scalp of BYM.  So from the first pic, I am thinking the one in the front is TM while at the back is BYM, is that right ?

I fixed your post, Since you've written in the incorrect site.  Having said that, in the sighting of both males together the male in front it's the Birmingham young male and in his back the Torchwood young male. Then #2 and #3 pics is the BYM and #4 and #5 the Torchwood young male.
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 11:10 PM by T I N O )

One of the Sark/Masungulo males

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A good sighting of the limping Nharhu male at Kings Camp in Timbavati
Photo courtesy of: Cathan Moore

13 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-19-2021, 06:28 PM)Timbavati Wrote: A good sighting of the limping Nharhu male at Kings Camp in Timbavati
Photo courtesy of: Cathan Moore

He is doing really well and looking healthy despite his limp!
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-20-2021, 01:44 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: He is doing really well and looking healthy despite his limp!

Latest report that he doesnt limp anymore.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-20-2021, 02:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 01:44 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: He is doing really well and looking healthy despite his limp!

His limp won't heal ever. Since his leg is already atrophied. His limp is noticeable time to time. Either when he walks long distances or mate with the females and don't get much food. It's a shame, since he is a good looking male. But seems to be doing well with it after all.
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Hi guys. The new Timbavati map from October 2021 will be posted soon. Just fixing some mistaken before of posted it here. Regards: Timbavati.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-20-2021, 02:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 02:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

His limp won't heal ever. Since his leg is already atrophied. His limp is noticeable time to time. Either when he walks long distances or mate with the females and don't get much food. It's a shame, since he is a good looking male. But seems to be doing well with it after all.

It is possible that he re-injures by jumping from a tree and starts limping again, and then heals. The re-injury and heal cycle is due to the limp being permanent and we have seen this with many other lions
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The two new Male Lions we have been seeing this month around our area.

They are known as The Black Dam Males. They were born into the Black Dam Pride around the end of 2017. Fathered by the Giraffe male Lion.

10 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Klaserie Drift update

Throughout the first half of September, the Klaserie was bursting with lions at every turn as the 26-28 strong River pride were spotted feasting on zebra kills on two different occasions. For such a huge pride, these kills were barely enough to go around and so the carcasses were each devoured within a matter of hours - leaving our guests in utter disbelief! Between meals, one particularly special moment stands out as the entire pride were spotted relaxing next to our famous KD bridge. With the adults taking a light snooze, the cubs took advantage of a moment to play and run amok with each other. Watching the tiniest youngsters interact with their much older cousins was a magical moment to behold. At one point, the game vehicle was completely surrounded by lions - just a few metres away in every direction - as our guests sat wide-eyed and grinning! Most definitely a highlight to remember for guide and guests alike. 

As the month marched on, the lions were forced to range further from their core territory around the lodge in order to fill their ever-demanding bellies. The females dipped under the radar for a while, although our magnificent males - Hosi and Socha - continued to fascinate and thrill as they reinforced their ownership over the land with their rib-rattling roars and placid nature, allowing the vehicles to get close enough to almost tickle them under their chins!

7 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Sark male:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(10-20-2021, 06:31 PM)Potato Wrote: The two new Male Lions we have been seeing this month around our area.

They are known as The Black Dam Males. They were born into the Black Dam Pride around the end of 2017. Fathered by the Giraffe male Lion.

anybody have any idea or theory where there 4 brother went
3 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-21-2021, 07:19 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 06:31 PM)Potato Wrote: The two new Male Lions we have been seeing this month around our area.

anybody have any idea or theory where there 4 brother went

If they''re still alive. They might be anywhere around Sandringham, Birmingham, all the way to Orpen. Big area wilderness there, As well,some properties are inaccessible to rangers
3 users Like T I N O's post