There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

This is one of the three Thornybush/Monwana males! He killed a wildebeest on his own and kept 8 hyenas off for 2 days. 
Photo credits: Ziggi Hugo 

*This image is copyright of its original author
12 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 05:24 AM by Mabingilane )

(10-05-2021, 07:45 PM)Timbavati Wrote: This is one of the three Thornybush/Monwana males! He killed a wildebeest on his own and kept 8 hyenas off for 2 days. 
Wow. What an impressive young male. At just 3 years old he made his own kill and fended off a large number of hyenas!  He has Trilogy genes. I hope they survive and also strive so they can one day rule their own territory. 

Seeing as they are 3 of these young Monwanas... i call them the Thornybush Trilogy or monwana trilogy.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Wow, interesting things are happening in Timbavati right now, lots of ocalition potentially being formed
4 users Like Mdz123's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(10-05-2021, 04:46 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Black dam males on a hippo carcass at Shindzela Tented Camp 

do you guys think the other 4 brother are alive ?
3 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-06-2021, 09:16 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: do you guys think the other 4 brother are alive ?

1 was seen in Thornybush few days ago, so atleast 3 out of 6 are alive as far as we know.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-06-2021, 09:16 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 04:46 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Black dam males on a hippo carcass at Shindzela Tented Camp 

do you guys think the other 4 brother are alive ?
Only two of the six were sighted so far. I'm still trying to ID the other young male seen in Thornybush a few days ago
5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The bigger Xikukutsu male is back in Thornybush after of spend time in Sandringham dam area 
Photo credits: Rudi Hulshof 

12 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update: Mbiri males this afternoon at Ngala. The smaller-maned Mbiri male was sighted roaring. 
The two Black dam young males are still on Shindzela Tented Camp, looking in excellent condition.
9 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-07-2021, 12:14 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Update: Mbiri males this afternoon at Ngala. The smaller-maned Mbiri male was sighted roaring. 
The two Black dam young males are still on Shindzela Tented Camp, looking in excellent condition.
What about young Skorro male, has he been seen recently?
3 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(10-07-2021, 12:02 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The bigger Xikukutsu male is back in Thornybush after of spend time in Sandringham dam area 
Photo credits: Rudi Hulshof 

Do you know if Black Dam pride is still split into two (with Giraffe male daughters + one older lionesses making one part and the females which moved to Sandriham with Giraffe male making other part) or if they reunited into single pride?
2 users Like Potato's post

Sweden Mangw Offline

Which year & month was Mandevu & Mchile born?
3 users Like Mangw's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2021, 03:53 AM)Mangw Wrote: Which year & month was Mandevu & Mchile born?

The Mbiri cubs were born in Early to mid 2016.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(10-07-2021, 03:53 AM)Mangw Wrote: Which year & month was Mandevu & Mchile born?
(10-07-2021, 04:30 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The Mbiri cubs were born in Early to mid 2016.
First sets of cubs from that generation of Mbiri pride were born in either in November or December 2016 and other sets soon after. Mbiri females were not even mating yet in early 2016.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-07-2021, 04:30 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The Mbiri cubs were born in Early to mid 2016.

Frst Mbiri cubs where seen in January 2017,that means born in very late 2016, other litters are born in next few months thru 2017.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

One of two Skorro males, King Sindzisa. The dominant males of Mayambula pride.
Photo credit: Simone Kilian

10 users Like lionuk's post