There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Blondemane Offline

young giraffe male facing 18 hyenas, very impressive for such a young male.
3 users Like Blondemane's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-13-2021, 07:34 PM)lionuk Wrote: ZigZag Mbiri seen just a few minutes ago on WE, mating with one of Skorro females. What a beast of a lion!

*This image is copyright of its original author

Two females were seen on Ngala a few days ago. I have been working some comparison and apparently were from the Mbiri pride
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

(08-13-2021, 07:46 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 07:34 PM)lionuk Wrote: ZigZag Mbiri seen just a few minutes ago on WE, mating with one of Skorro females. What a beast of a lion!

Two females were seen on Ngala a few days ago. I have been working some comparison and apparently were from the Mbiri pride

I was just about to ask about those females. Thanks for looking into that.  It seems like the Mbiri Pride are not going to accept their sons/brothers and are going out looking for new males. I feel for them… they’re in a really rough position.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the Mbiri females (right images) and one of the lionesses seen at Ngala a few days ago (left side)

4 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

4 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

It's one of the Mbiri females.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Rudi Hulshof regarding BDM size: 
I can tell you that the BDM was considered the biggest at that stage and heavier than many they had weighed in history. I cannot tell you exactly how heavy he was though.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

That pic of the BDM got on my wow list, very impressive. How are his sons doing?
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Update: Three more cubs born into the Monwana Pride which boosts the total to Nine cubs in the pride. 
5 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-13-2021, 11:25 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: That pic of the BDM got on my wow list, very impressive. How are his sons doing?

The limping Monwana male was seen this week. His sons from the Giraffe pride are still doing well.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-14-2021, 12:15 AM)lionuk Wrote: Update: Three more cubs born into the Monwana Pride which boosts the total to Nine cubs in the pride. 

There was an oldest female cub who eventually died, she was in bad condition for many weeks. 

The newest three cubs were born in middle june. Information provided by Royal Malewane ranger in a long talk
5 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Mapoza male

6 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The bigger Mbiri male. A true beast of male lion. I haven't seen another lion with tufts on the elbows, except for the Matimba male Hairy Belly. What a gorgeous mane, It guess could be due high level of testosterone among other possibly theory.

Screenshot from: Wildearth.TV 

8 users Like Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline

Certainly one of the most impressive males of all the kruger at the moment, I don't really like rankings on these animals, but he sure is at the top or next to him.
1 user Likes Gavskrr's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Hairy belly could be the actual father of this Mbiri male. I know that the Matimbas sired Mbiris, but I think Hairy Belly was the specific one who sired this Mbiri male due to their resemblances.
3 users Like Mdz123's post