There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-22-2023, 10:33 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: More LionLovers... hahaha...   SPEARBOY!!!  This lion is incredible for what he has survived.  Notch blood!

So glad to see Spearboy ok.
2 users Like afortich's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

Rest in peace beautiful maned Snyggve! 

He wasn't as lucky as his father C-Boy was with/against his own rival coalition named the 4 'Killers' a decade before...
At least, he didn't suffer a lot, didn't survive and wasn't in agony for days or much more, he has died within hours. And from now, he can roam the "Sky (Namiri) Plains" along with his original brother - who has lost very soon - and also with his very faithful coalition partner in the last years: Tryggve. Who also has fallen by the same cruel coalition, it is assumed. 

Here is a very great photo of a much younger but already very beautiful Snyggve with meaningful looking from his heydays (and probably still with his original brother) in his memory:
Credit: Daniel Rosengren

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Lipstick2's post

BigLion39 Offline

Great photo of him as a young boy! Hope we get to see their sons grow up and take some prides too. I bet they will be just as impressive!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

(03-23-2023, 11:47 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Great photo of him as a young boy! Hope we get to see their sons grow up and take some prides too. I bet they will be just as impressive!

Agreed, hope the C-Boy male lineage is continue. I think, Snyggve&Tryggve should already have some more elder young adult descendants of their 7-year rule.
2 users Like Lipstick2's post

( This post was last modified: 03-23-2023, 05:52 PM by Lipstick2 )

Anyway, is there anybody who know the Serengeti lions better? I have a special question:
There was a great documentary on Nat Geo around 2010 with a well-known title as 'Super Pride'. According to them, the pride live(d) its life somewhere in the central parts of Serengeti and they had 2 stronge pride males (according to them, they were at about their 8 years, but I doubt it, they seemed younger to me). Does anybody know who were them? 
One of them was a very beautiful specimen with a quite dark mane and with something special 'black hoops' around his both eyes (not injuries). I would really like to know who was he/them. Here is a screenshot of him:

And you can see him/them in a shortened version of this documentary from a form of Nat Geo's Channel immediately at the start and they also can be seen better at 4:00 minutes:

Or in this version of the documentary at about 0:50 seconds:

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me in this...
4 users Like Lipstick2's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 02:15 PM by DARK MANE )

Kiduku, 1/7 males that killed snyggve and tryggve, mating with snyggve daughter.
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2023, 12:10 PM by BigLion39 )

Edit update.... there were more short videos and pics along with this sighting. This is NOT Trygvve.

Not sure if this is confirmed or not but I saw this post about Trygvve. Not sure if this lion can be id'd from this pic or if there are any other pics?

Original post from yesterday on IG...

6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Not sure if people here know but to be clear about Trygvve, he is NOT the original blood brother of BJ. The real Trygvve disappeared a few years ago which was BJ's real brother.  Not sure how how and why they called this male Trygvve as well but it sure confuses people. Even so, glad he's been found alive
2 users Like BigLion39's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(05-24-2023, 02:30 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Not sure if people here know but to be clear about Trygvve, he is NOT the original blood brother of BJ. The real Trygvve disappeared a few years ago which was BJ's real brother.  Not sure how how and why they called this male Trygvve as well but it sure confuses people. Even so, glad he's been found alive

There is obviously great confusion on this.   I think some are awaiting confirmation.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

BigLion39 Offline

(05-25-2023, 12:46 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: There is obviously great confusion on this.   I think some are awaiting confirmation.

There is no confusion, the real blood brother of BJ  the real Trygvve disappeared  some time ago when they were younger, then BJ wasn't seen for a while, popped up with this now famous Trygvve. Off the top of my head I don't remember the actual dates and sequences but thats 100% confirmed by the people that followed them. 

Now another thing, this new pic taken rescenrly by the guide Tariq is NOT Trygvve. It is a different male.

United States T_Ferguson Online

(05-25-2023, 11:55 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 12:46 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: There is obviously great confusion on this.   I think some are awaiting confirmation.

There is no confusion, the real blood brother of BJ  the real Trygvve disappeared  some time ago when they were younger, then BJ wasn't seen for a while, popped up with this now famous Trygvve. Off the top of my head I don't remember the actual dates and sequences but thats 100% confirmed by the people that followed them. 

Now another thing, this new pic taken rescenrly by the guide Tariq is NOT Trygvve. It is a different male.

Right.. I know that, but they had been calling Bob Jr.'s partner Marley/Trygvve for a long time even though they weren't brothers, and this iteration of Trygvve is not the real Trygvve, but they are still trying to say this is Bob Jr's most recent partner that was thought to be dead.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

BigLion39 Offline

(05-25-2023, 07:19 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: but they are still trying to say this is Bob Jr's most recent partner that was thought to be dead.

Yes I have been seeing that on FB/IG. Its blatantly obvious the male in the pics and videos looks nothing like the most rescent Trygvve, BJ's coalition partner.

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2023, 09:53 PM by Hello )

One of Lake Quintlet males. Ngorongoro crater, Tanzania.

Credits: Charnita Kirby
5 users Like Hello's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Sad news... In addition to be one of the most maned male lion in wild, it also was one of the biggest (509 pounds, i.e. 267 kilograms). An other remarkable fact about it is that he has been living alone for its almost whole life (13 years), constantly migrating between the Serengeti park and the Ngorongoro crater. RIP beautiful king !

4 users Like Spalea's post

Apex Titan Offline

(05-29-2023, 01:50 AM)Spalea Wrote: Sad news... In addition to be one of the most maned male lion in wild, it also was one of the biggest (509 pounds, i.e. 267 kilograms). An other remarkable fact about it is that he has been living alone for its almost whole life (13 years), constantly migrating between the Serengeti park and the Ngorongoro crater. RIP beautiful king !

509 lbs = 230 kg and 267 kg = 588 lbs.

He was 230 kg, right?