There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

Snyggve’s death has hit mainstream news, and “Serengeti lion king” is now a trending Google search.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64938816

There will apparently be a special burial organised by wildlife officials soon.
3 users Like LandSeaLion's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(03-15-2023, 04:37 PM)LandSeaLion Wrote: Snyggve’s death has hit mainstream news, and “Serengeti lion king” is now a trending Google search.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64938816

There will apparently be a special burial organised by wildlife officials soon.

I've read a lot of outrage over the people that filmed this not stepping in to save him.  It's just not how conservation works.  I would love it if some of these people were able to wake up to the realities of humans that actually do intervene, and how harmful those people are.  Punishment for Poaching should be barbaric in nature.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline

Would anyone that's familiar with the coalitions in the Serengeti, happen to have any information on this particular group of male lions? They're stated to be the individuals that killed Snyggve and his bother.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline

(03-16-2023, 04:05 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Would anyone that's familiar with the coalitions in the Serengeti, happen to have any information on this particular group of male lions? They're stated to be the individuals that killed Snyggve and his bother.

I read info on the 7 but don't remember and can't find it anymore. Their name is (if I can remember correctly) 7 Beton Kopjies boys or something to that effect. Sorry, I knew i should have screenshotted the post.
6 users Like BigLion39's post

(03-16-2023, 04:05 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Would anyone that's familiar with the coalitions in the Serengeti, happen to have any information on this particular group of male lions? They're stated to be the individuals that killed Snyggve and his bother.

I asked on Twitter and was told they are called the Saba Boro Coalition by guides.  Saba Boro means Great Seven in Swahili.  But I don't believe everything I read on the internet.

They have moved into the pride left by Bob and Marley though from what I've seen.  This is them moving in to claim it.
4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

Homage to Snyggve with footage of his last fight in its entirety: his attempt to defend himself, the battle, the fatal injuries and his heartbreaking last breaths... Rest in Peace

3 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

3 Young Lions brutally Kill one Old Male Lion (Bob Junior) first footage

1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Snyggve aka Bob Jr Lion Killed by 3 Male Lions (2nd Footage)

Big Cats Enthusiast

Last Moments and Last Breath of the Lion (Bob jr Lion killed by 3 Lions) Extended version

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Mwk85 Offline

Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2023, 05:53 AM by BA0701 )

(03-22-2023, 05:34 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

Is "Lionlovers" made up of actual guides? I'm not sure guides would give a name like that, names like "Lionlovers" and BK both sound more like a group of adolescents with nothing better to do.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2023, 07:16 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected post information )

(03-22-2023, 05:53 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 05:34 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

Is "Lionlovers" made up of actual guides? I'm not sure guides would give a name like that, names like "Lionlovers" and BK both sound more like a group of adolescents with nothing better to do.

No, the 'Lionlovers' Twitter account is ran by someone from the UK, I believe. We've exchanged numerous information for a while now and nothing has made me believe that he/she is just a kid with nothing better to do. The provided text in the post was directly from the individual (Chabaporini IG) that filmed the encounter between the male lion and female lion. I'm going to add a link to his post if you want to independently verify the text yourself.

3 users Like Mwk85's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2023, 08:09 AM by BA0701 )

(03-22-2023, 06:53 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 05:53 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

No, the 'Lionlovers' Twitter account is ran by someone from the UK, I believe. We've exchanged numerous information for a while now and nothing has made me believe that he/she is just a kid with nothing better to do. The provided text in the post was directly from the individual (Chabaporini IG) that filmed the encounter between the male lion and female lion. I'm going to add a link to his post if you want to independently verify the text yourself.

Well I can say I certainly find that surprising, thank you for the clarification, and for clearing that up on LionLovers, that helps a lot. Apologies to LionLovers for my poorly directed comment.
5 users Like BA0701's post

More LionLovers... hahaha...   SPEARBOY!!!  This lion is incredible for what he has survived.  Notch blood!

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline

Two sons and one daughter of the late Snyggve and Tryvvge. 

6 users Like Mwk85's post