There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

This morning on H1-2 Mantimahle area
3 Nkuhuma males with 1 Mantimahle lioness
Photo credits: Anzel Strydom
*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like T I N O's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-03-2024, 12:14 AM)T I N O Wrote: This morning on H1-2 Mantimahle area

This is good to see, and interesting. This is a lioness where the half brothers of the Plain camp male lions were born? If the young Nukhuma male lions are with a lioness. Is that why Mohawk split from his sons? I read a comment that said this could be why, but couldn’t it just be, because the energy the young Nukhuma male lions could have following the lioness? Is intestine the bigger male lion is in front and his two brothers are following. I had a question. Is the big male lion could he be Dark manes son? Also I noticed one of the Nukhuma male lions in the back on the left side he looks a bit like the younger Nukhuma male lion still with the Nukhuma lionesses; does that mean they are or could be Mohawks sons? Also the male lion on the right is Chelas son and Blondes son brother of lip Scar may he rest in peace. Is the male lion to the right Chelas son and Blondes?
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

I think this should be moved in "Nkuhuma pride" thread (they are obiviously not anymore part of the pride, but nothing wrong of posting their nomadic journey's there, until they become territorial).
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-03-2024, 12:37 AM)Go131810 Wrote:

This is good to see, and interesting. This is a lioness where the half brothers of the Plain camp male lions were born? If the young Nukhuma male lions are with a lioness. Is that why Mohawk split from his sons? I read a comment that said this could be why, but couldn’t it just be, because the energy the young Nukhuma male lions could have following the lioness? Is intestine the bigger male lion is in front and his two brothers are following. I had a question. Is the big male lion could he be Dark manes son? Also I noticed one of the Nukhuma male lions in the back on the left side he looks a bit like the younger Nukhuma male lion still with the Nukhuma lionesses; does that mean they are or could be Mohawks sons? Also the male lion on the right is Chelas son and Blondes son brother of lip Scar may he rest in peace. Is the male lion to the right Chelas son and Blondes?
We’ll never know but the one in the front I thought he was darkmanes son but he looks a lot like Mohawk. Chelas son is definitely blondies and purples eyes boys I have no idea I thought they had the “darkmane look” but I’m not sure either Mohawk or darkmane
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Whew, those boys are sure gaining in size, quickly, compared to that lioness.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

They might all be DM's sons, or none may be.

The older male, Ridge Nose's son, looks like Mohawk.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-03-2024, 01:31 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

He does look a Mohawk. I noticed Dark manes sons usually they would have really black manes the color of Dark manes, but maybe as they keep growing and getting stronger we could see more of their futures. He does look like Mohawks. Speaking about the Avoca sons; the young Plain camp male lion he did he look like the Southern Avoca or his brother may he also rest in peace. Did the young Plain Camp male lion looked like the Southern Avoca male lion in the South or his brother may he rest in peace.
2 users Like Go131810's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-03-2024, 02:55 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 01:31 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

He does look a Mohawk. I noticed Dark manes sons usually they would have really black manes the color of Dark manes, but maybe as they keep growing and getting stronger we could see more of their futures. He does look like Mohawks. Speaking about the Avoca sons; the young Plain camp male lion he did he look like the Southern Avoca or his brother may he also rest in peace. Did the young Plain Camp male lion looked like the Southern Avoca male lion in the South or his brother may he rest in peace.

I haven’t seen a photo of the bigger southern avoca in a long time but the young plains camp male has his fathers nose so when I see him is see them both in the face and the remaining son of purple eye just has that darkmane look lol it’s kinda strange

Go131810 Offline

(06-03-2024, 01:46 AM)Mapokser Wrote: They might all be DM's sons, or none may be.

I do not think they are all Dark manes son. Chelas hopefully she is resting in peace; her son does not look like Dark mane or Mohawk. I am not sure how much he looks like Blonde but I think that is Blondes son. I had a question does the Southern Avoca male lion look more like Mohawk and Blonde? The Southern Avoca looks like Mohawk to me.
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-03-2024, 01:46 AM)Mapokser Wrote: They might all be DM's sons, or none may be.

Definitely I do see a ton of blondie in chelas son almost twins in my eyes

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-03-2024, 02:55 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Speaking about the Avoca sons; the young Plain camp male lion he did he look like the Southern Avoca
Young PC male is spliting image of remaining Southern Avoca male.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-03-2024, 12:49 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I think this should be moved in "Nkuhuma pride" thread (they are obiviously not anymore part of the pride, but nothing wrong of posting their nomadic journey's there, until they become territorial).

"Coalitions of Kruger National Park" is one into which this post would fit the most.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(06-03-2024, 03:22 PM)Potato Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:49 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

"Coalitions of Kruger National Park" is one into which this post would fit the most.

I think Nkuhuma Pride thread is fine aswell, I’m sure there’s other people like me who aren’t active in the KNP thread who’d still like to be updated on these boys. Obviously when they carve out their own territory and become pride males they should stay exclusively in the KNP thread, however.
2 users Like KM600's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Was Tinyo the only B-Boy to be observed mating with Tsalala's mother? I recall when she was attacked by the Kambulas, and Tinyo defended her, comments were made that he was the father of her cub. I was just thinking the B-Boy/PCM combination should make for some incredible cubbies.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

No, Nhenha also mated and was in fact seen with Tsalala as a cub.
2 users Like Mapokser's post