There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

A large decisive battle would atleast permanently resolve the situation.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-28-2024, 04:08 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: This situation is going to get sticky isn't it.....

As they said in a previous post, Mohawk and Khanya bumping into each other wouldn’t be bad if they still remember their encounter which was near enough exactly one year ago. And seeming as Khanya spent days, with Mohawk especially, I believe they would. 

I also don’t think BDMs would be a threat to Mohawk or Khanya as of right now either, sure they may chase them but I don’t see them as an immediate threat. Even then, I’m not sure they’d chase them now they’re fully nomadic once again.
2 users Like KM600's post

Go131810 Offline

(05-28-2024, 04:52 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 04:08 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: This situation is going to get sticky isn't it.....

As they said in a previous post, Mohawk and Khanya bumping into each other wouldn’t be bad if they still remember their encounter which was near enough exactly one year ago. And seeming as Khanya spent days, with Mohawk especially, I believe they would. 

I also don’t think BDMs would be a threat to Mohawk or Khanya as of right now either, sure they may chase them but I don’t see them as an immediate threat. Even then, I’m not sure they’d chase them now they’re fully nomadic once again.

I had thought Mohawk and his sons were close to the Southern Avoca. Although I think it would be good if Mohawk and his sons can meet with the young Talamatie male lion. I am even thinking the Black Damn male lions could even get with Mohawk and his sons, but that might now work the Black Damn male lions look like they might meet other lionesses. The Black damn male lions are 6 or 7 years of age?
1 user Likes Go131810's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Kruger male seen in the KNP
Photo credit: Haz and Loz
KNP

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like T I N O's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(05-28-2024, 04:28 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: A large decisive battle would atleast permanently resolve the situation.

Yeah, something has got to give. Many males are going to have to leave or even die to put an end to restore stability in the north once more.
1 user Likes Rabubi's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Friend told me that FB is saying Ndhzengas are in the north ( dunno about the previous sighting that apparently were the PCM ). Also in the North are the BDM, PCM, Talamati and N.Avoca, with Kambulas a bit further north in Manyeleti.

If Ndhzengas are indeed in the north, what's going on, investigating or maybe they'll suddenly show interest in taking over as well? Their oldest Kambula cubs are around the age their first cubs were when the Ndhzengas abandoned them to take over Kambula pride.

Either way, this is potentially a huge mistake, their cubs are still young, especially in the Ntsevu pride, their territory is already big and hard to defend, they could just stay there, protecting what they have ( which is already a tough task ), going north for whatever reason risks them bumping into PCM and since they are a well established dominant coalition, it's not certain they'll run as easily as BDM or Kambulas, and if they don't run, things may end badly.

While one can say a big clash in the north is necessary to bring stability back ( like what happened in the West with PCM and Birminghams ), this clash can't be between PCM and Ndhzengas, this possibility worries me because Kambula and Ntsevu pride fully depends on Ndhzenga, and PCM have all their own cubs as well, with them spliting more often currently, they run the risk of getting caught alone.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-29-2024, 06:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: While one can say a big clash in the north is necessary to bring stability back ( like what happened in the West with PCM and Birminghams ), this clash can't be between PCM and Ndhzengas

I think both coalitions will know they are not fighting for anything and retreat knowing they are in an even fight once they encounter each other. Even the PCMs will retreat because I doubt the Ndhzengas were what they are expecting to see up there.
2 users Like sik94's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 06:13 PM by KM600 )

Love seeing this out of Khanya

8 users Like KM600's post

Go131810 Offline

(05-29-2024, 06:04 PM)KM600 Wrote: Love seeing this out of Khanya

Isn’t the Talamatie male lion around the same age as the Black Damn male lions? Also where is the Black Damn male lions brother? Didn’t one of the Black Damn male lions get injured? From the comments I have read before they had been fighting the Plain Camp male lions, and the Ndhzenga male lions, and where ever they went they must of been fighting more lion. I was going to say this young Talamatie male lion always seem confident he would hunt on his own and be on his own.
3 users Like Go131810's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(05-29-2024, 06:47 PM)Go131810 Wrote:

Isn’t the Talamatie male lion around the same age as the Black Damn male lions? Also where is the Black Damn male lions brother? Didn’t one of the Black Damn male lions get injured? From the comments I have read before they had been fighting the Plain Camp male lions, and the Ndhzenga male lions, and where ever they went they must of been fighting more lion. I was going to say this young Talamatie male lion always seem confident he would hunt on his own and be on his own.

The Talamati male is slightly younger, 1 year younger approximately.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Ngonya Offline

andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp

"A new generation for the Sand River Pride! These cubs face an uncertain future, but it's incredible to watch them grow and play. Their playful antics are not just adorable; they're essential for developing the skills they'll need for survival."

Peter O'Donoghue
9 users Like Ngonya's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 07:05 PM by NLAL11 )

The thing they do with the back paws, while scent marking, is called 'scatting'. Not sure what he was doing with his front paws, that looked more like a cat that's just used a litter tray.

Would be great to see these two partner up. Not sure where the other BD male is but he wasn't looking great the last time we saw him, so the bigger BD male could probably use a strong partner. Considering the Talamati male was showing dominance rather than aggression, and his overall gregarious nature, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did team up.
5 users Like NLAL11's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(05-29-2024, 06:47 PM)Go131810 Wrote:

I hope both Black dam boys are ok!

Khanya was on his own for at least six months as a subadult. S8, plains camp and nzinga boys came in at similar times and shook up Sabi sands. Th talamati pride with dark mane went semi nomadic in the confusion. Khanya was separated during this time and was believed to have passed away. He shows up months later with a crazy stealth hunting attack on some Buffalo! He definitely figured out leopard style hunting and stealth. He eventually found his way back to the pride when the talamatis and Dark mane went back to Djuma.

How amazing would it be if Khanya and black dams team up to be the pride males of the Nkuhuma pride.
3 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 07:06 PM by Tr1x24 )

With who is Amahle Ndhzenga mating?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7jTPaIqz...Z1cjE4ajhr
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 07:31 PM by Potato )

Talamatis always seemd tall/ very tall males, they would surely be powerhouses when reach their prime. It is very unfortunate one of them went missing, they had a lot of potential. Still remaining one should be able to do well against other single males like KNP male or Red Road or he could be most dominant male in a potenial coalition he could make with some other unrelated male.
2 users Like Potato's post