There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Romania Cath2020 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 08:42 PM by Cath2020 )

These 4 boys cannot seem to stick together, so end up getting caught individually occasionally.  This could be their downfall.  One might already be gone and now K5 looks very injured!  Horrible news for the budding coalition.:/

There is also one male with a completely missing left upper canine, I believe. Which one? Not sure.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

They are not being caught alone.

They are chased and scattered as a group, then one is caught and abandoned by the rest.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-12-2024, 10:08 PM)Mapokser Wrote: They are chased and scattered as a group, then one is caught and abandoned by the rest.

We dont know in this clash if they indeed abandon K5 or if they maybe saved him from certain death.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(04-12-2024, 10:08 PM)Mapokser Wrote: They are not being caught alone.

They are chased and scattered as a group, then one is caught and abandoned by the rest.

I'm not sure that is any better actually.  These boys are getting close to the age where they should know they are 4 v 2.  I know it doesn't really work like that, but lordy.  The genes of these boys should say go man.. get 'er done.  Channel your inner Mr. T and Nhenha already!!
6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 10:57 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-12-2024, 10:27 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I'm not sure that is any better actually.  These boys are getting close to the age where they should know they are 4 v 2.  I know it doesn't really work like that, but lordy.  The genes of these boys should say go man.. get 'er done.  Channel your inner Mr. T and Nhenha already!!

I think one of problems is having their sister with them.

Sister will in 100% cases when territorial males approaches them, run away without turning back, which might "trigger" doubtful toughts in other males minds, like "wait, she is running, that means this is danger, maybe I should run aswell?".

Then, if only 1 or 2 of males instinctly follows his sister, remaining males see half of their squad retreating, and obiviously they will do the same.

This is literaly behavior they first learn as cubs, follow what their pride/group is doing in these kind of situations.

Not saying they see their sister as a leader, but she is equal part of their squad, and when she starts running, males are prob confused what to do, run or fight.

Also they still look to be in "we are happy little nomadic pride" mindset, lets get food and run from territorial males who attack us.

They need to shift into "we are conquering boys" mindset (which we partially saw from some members vs BDMs) where all males are in state "ok, now we are challeging for territory, we will fight these homeboys to the death".

But as we saw vs BDMs, not all members are on same page, otherwise, they would already be territorial in the north.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

@Tr1x24 they were found scattered by the rangers so it's unlikely they helped.

Gijimas caught a much younger Kambula back in the day and also let him go after a beating.

I agree, however, that the sister might have something to do with it, seeing a member of their group running immediately may indeed trigger the rest to run. I have never seen any other coalition as big and as old who can't deal with only 2 males. K6 turns 5 next month, the rest turn 6 in 5 months or so.

But if this is the case, how did they beat the BDM? She wasn't even seen with them during the first clashes meaning she probably ran and avoided the trouble altogether.

They may just realize from roars that PCM are more dangerous. Or maybe BDM approaches slowly without much determination, which isn't as scary, while PCM charge at full speed... Go figure.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 12:02 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-12-2024, 11:32 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 they were found scattered by the rangers so it's unlikely they helped.

They might get scattered later, after some chasing back and forth.

Nobody saw what happened, we cant say that Kambulas just run away immidiately, they maybe tryed to fight, we dont know.

Also worth noting that this was 3vs2, not 4vs2.

(04-12-2024, 11:32 PM)Mapokser Wrote: But if this is the case, how did they beat the BDM? She wasn't even seen with them during the first clashes meaning she probably ran and avoided the trouble altogether.
(04-12-2024, 11:32 PM)Mapokser Wrote: They may just realize from roars that PCM are more dangerous. Or maybe BDM approaches slowly without much determination, which isn't as scary, while PCM charge at full speed... Go figure.

In both cases we have literaly 0 videos or even guides who saw what happened, so its hard to tell.

Only what we got is guides pretty much guessing what happened based of footprints, roars and positions afterwards.

Also, unlike BDMs clash, where it looks like Kambulas where challenging them, this was pretty much Kambulas minding their buisness in Londolozi and PCMs attacked them, so maybe for Kambulas there was no reason to fight territorial males atm, especially when getting ambushed.

As i said, against BDMs it looked like Kambulas where invading them for territory/ females in estrus, which was not the case here, Kambulas where not invading PCMs.

Thats prob the reason why K5 is still alive (if his squad didnt saved him indeed), otherwise, PCMs would kill him/mortally wound him (as they did to invading Nhenha).

Males fight differently if they catch invading males who actively are trying to oust/kill them, or if they find random nomad hanging around.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Guys.    Please help w this ID?

The caption is suspect.   Cause this isn’t the male we saw injured I think.  
But would help in identifying who is who and where is where

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-13-2024, 12:05 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Guys.    Please help w this ID?

Looks it’s Skorro breakaway young male
3 users Like lionuk's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 12:23 AM by Mapokser )

It's not K6, he sort of reminded me of him a bit but whiskers don't match at all.

Could it be the Skorro male? Maybe but the mane on the top of his head looks too small, but maybe he just lost some mane recently, we've not seen him in a while.

Doesn't look like K5 to me and to a lesser extent, neither looks like K3.

But I can only say with confidence that this is not K6, the missing male from almost a week or so.

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Hard to tell from that angle, but that doesn't look like K6 from the pictures in the Birmingham Coalition thread.  Actually, doesn't look like any of the BBoys.  Slight mohawk is right, but K6 has a darker mane to his mohawk, and the whiskers don't seem right.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 12:33 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-13-2024, 12:10 AM)lionuk Wrote: Looks it’s Skorro breakaway young male

Yes its him.

So he is back.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Wait, did the 3 brothers go and save the Kambula that was being attacked? What did the guides say about how everything might have gone down? He looks badly hurt though, lucky to make it out of there.
1 user Likes sik94's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 12:45 AM by criollo2mil )

(04-13-2024, 12:32 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 12:10 AM)lionuk Wrote: Looks it’s Skorro breakaway young male

Yes its him.

So he is back.

Finally has RESURFACED
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-13-2024, 12:44 AM)sik94 Wrote: Wait, did the 3 brothers go and save the Kambula that was being attacked? What did the guides say about how everything might have gone down? He looks badly hurt though, lucky to make it out of there.

Nobody saw the fight, it happened over night, so we dont know how it went down.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post