There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

The traditional understanding is that lionesses adopt all cubs in a pride as their own ( say Ximhungwe female ).

But we have plenty of evidence to say this is not always the case. Yes some aunts adopt their nephews, but some don't treat them as well as their own cubs ( K2 recently ), and others may reject the cubs if the mother of the cubs die, like the Ximhungwe pride at the time of the Mapogo.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

The mapogo son was a different story from what I was told that ximhungwe female for some reason raised her sons away from the pride so when she was killed by a snare they didn’t even know him when he tried to join the pride I think… oh yeah and his brother disappeared before he tried to join the pride
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

The Talamatis were seen in Buffelshoek 2 days ago, same guide said he heard the BDM were mating with a lioness there in Buffelshoek.

Could it be Tiyelele?

United States T_Ferguson Online

Uggh... Apparently moving east again.  This will put them pretty close to the Kambula's once more.

5 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-03-2024, 04:22 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Uggh... Apparently moving east again.  This will put them pretty close to the Kambula's once more.

Does anyone else have problems seeing imported tweets?

I can never see them on any of my devices.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(05-03-2024, 08:36 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 04:22 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Uggh... Apparently moving east again.  This will put them pretty close to the Kambula's once more.

Probably it’s an issue that occurs only to you. We will give you a solution soon. Btw, can you find the page Lion Lovers on Twitter? If you can not found it, probably you were banned by the owner and that is the reason why you can’t seen the embed posts from twitter

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-03-2024, 08:42 PM)T I N O Wrote:

Probably it’s an issue that occurs only to you. We will give you a solution soon. Btw, can you find the page Lion Lovers on Twitter? If you can not found it, probably you were banned by the owner and that is the reason why you can’t seen the embed posts from twitter

I’m not banned, I know the user well and we collaborate on information frequently.   Just for some reason it won’t show them.   Here below is what I see

.   I don’t know why it happens.   It’s just strange that it’s on different devices also,   I do use a hack to view them.   I just enter into edit mode then copy the link and paste separately.   But it’s annoying.  Lol

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

I have the same problem when only connected to wifi, have to turn on data to see the tweet. Very weird.
1 user Likes KM600's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

Companies are making it so you have to be a member or sign up to even see the posts. I haven’t been able to see any updated posts from either Instagram, Facebook or X Twitter. We are completely unable to browse unless we download the app and etc etc. Elon Musk got upset that people were viewing for free and not paying so he basically had X pay walled. 

THANK YOU to those people who have accounts and share that info here. So many of us appreciate it!
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Guide opinion on the possible Kambula v PCM clash and their size:

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-03-2024, 11:07 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Guide opinion on the possible Kambula v PCM clash and their size:

Well yea, PCMs are prob a bit bigger then Kambulas, although i dont think its that much as this guy is saying.

Also, as i guide, he should know that size doesnt mean much in 4vs2.

As for death comment, K5 is still very much alive after being attacked by both PCMs.

In the end, guides just like us have their subjective opinions, didnt some guide before said that PCMs are not as big as people are saying.. so everyone has their opinions.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 I think they are around the same height but PCM bodies are longer and they are much bulkier.

I also agree that numbers are everything, I think this might end badly for the PCM eventually. PCM have missed their chance to defeat the Kambulas, dunno if they'll have another chance.

But as for a guide saying PCM are not that big I haven't heard about it.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

I could easily see this going the KT+MrT vs Majingalane route but I don't know if the Kambulas are upto the task. PCMs are gonna be super confident and come barreling in, and it's not gonna be pretty if they get their hands on one of the Kambulas. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Mbiris vs Guernsey level of brutality tbh.
1 user Likes sik94's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-04-2024, 02:03 AM by KM600 )

(05-04-2024, 01:46 AM)sik94 Wrote: I could easily see this going the KT+MrT vs Majingalane route but I don't know if the Kambulas are upto the task. PCMs are gonna be super confident and come barreling in, and it's not gonna be pretty if they get their hands on one of the Kambulas. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Mbiris vs Guernsey level of brutality tbh.

Adding onto this, Kambulas need to get a lot more confidence in order to compete with the PCMs and it doesn’t seem like the PCMs are looking to give them such a chance, constantly showing they’re the stronger coalition. Unless the PCMs separate, I see them dominating the near future altercations. And like u said, I don’t think they’re gonna let another Kambula male slip thru their grasp if they catch one. K4 would be the biggest loss for them.
2 users Like KM600's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

This is however not a conflict over territory but just for mating opportunities. K4 already fled so there probably isnt much reason for the PCmales to press the issue any longer. They already have the lionesses. Once there are no longer any lionesses in estrus anymore, they will likely vacate the area again. Allowing K4 or other male lions to return. 
Wheter they end up raising the PCMales cubs or killing them remains to be seen. 

So less the Majinjiane vs Mapogo scenario, but rather a repeat of the Skorro vs Nym vs PCmales scenario that plagued the Ximhungwe pride earlier.
Though the whole pride may move west to be closer to the PCmales. Which puts them at risk for a potential confrontation with the Mangheni.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post