There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(05-31-2022, 04:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Not an official name or anything, just one the tracker chose
That's good that a tracker made it up. Well i kinda like it! Makunga means "to protect" OR "the behaved one". 
I'm guessing the meaning here is "to protect". Lol
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Hope he doesn't get in trouble for it lol, I remember one of the guides on WE called YBM "Osindile" and then had to clarify the next day that he wasn't given an official name.
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-31-2022, 09:45 AM)DE_66 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 05:33 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote: The Men who touched the mighty Mapogos (John Varty, Willem Botha, Kim Wolhuter

These kinds of posts are clogging the thread.  I love the Mapogos as much as anyone, but the last one died almost 10 years ago. 

All nostalgia posts should go into the dedicated thread of the coalition or pride unless they don't have one.  The Split Rock males for example never had a thread dedicated to them so all posts regarding them would be in Lions of SS.

Mapogos, Majingis, Matimbas, etc. all have dedicated threads.  They are all dead.  There should be ZERO posts about them in this thread.  

Nostalgia posts about lions who are still alive should also go to the dedicated threads.  I didn't watch the video, but let's say it contained footage of Auntie Othawa as a cub.  There is now a thread for the Othawa Pride so the post would go there and/or the Mighty Mapogo thread, but not in Lions of SS even though she is still alive.  This thread is 700 pages long.  Please don't clog it up any more than it already is.

I agree 100% they have been dead for like a decade now. Its silly to keep posting videos of the dead coalition !!! I mean, Fanboi'ism has to have limits.

Salman B.A.M Offline

If I may offer my 2 cents about the threads on this forum. Why cant this thread have every news from the entire SS? People like who dont get enough time to spend daily would surely prefer "one-stop-shop" for all, basically it would be helpful for people like me.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(06-01-2022, 01:48 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: Why cant this thread have every news from the entire SS?
Friend
It's an overdiscussed topic. 
Even I have no problem with that. 
But the admin had decided this so let's follow the line.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-01-2022, 01:48 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: If I may offer my 2 cents about the threads on this forum. Why cant this thread have every news from the entire SS? People like who dont get enough time to spend daily would surely prefer "one-stop-shop" for all, basically it would be helpful for people like me.

Because its too packed, so we decide to do threads for more popular prides and coalitions. 

I mean its basically the same if you scroll more this thread or make 2 clicks more on other threads.

Topics which involve lion dynamics in Sabi Sands will be still posted here.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brazil ffernando Offline

Mohawk is a beast!

Daniel Anthony Safari no Instagram: “LION vs LIONESS OVER A BUFFALO...! Yesterday we came across the intense showdown when lions have a meal and the big boy doesn't want to…”
7 users Like ffernando's post

Hairy tummy Offline

That pc boys mane has really came on, enjoying watching their progress
5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(06-01-2022, 04:45 PM)ffernando Wrote: Mohawk is a beast!
Both brothers ( mohawk and blondie) have mutual respect for each other
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-01-2022, 01:48 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: If I may offer my 2 cents about the threads on this forum. Why cant this thread have every news from the entire SS? People like who dont get enough time to spend daily would surely prefer "one-stop-shop" for all, basically it would be helpful for people like me.

Primarily because, as @Tr1x24 stated, this thread is 600 pages long, and contains numerous unrelated topics. As a result it has become convoluted and difficult to follow along with a single conversation.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Smaller maned PC male gets spoked by vultures hehe:

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Tsalala Female climbs tree to steal leopard’s kill!

10 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Arathusa reported the eyrefield male was treed by an unidentified male lion from the Kruger 

No pics of the male yet 

4 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-02-2022, 06:29 PM)lionuk Wrote: Tsalala Female climbs tree to steal leopard’s kill!

Nice clip of the lonely princess.
2 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 02:04 PM by Tonpa )

Who has cubs this small in londolozi? 

https://instagram.com/stories/kyle_n_gor...DJmNzVkMjY=
1 user Likes Tonpa's post