There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-13-2022, 01:28 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 11:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ximhungwe and Othawa breakaway females together again, Othawa female steals the hat haha :

Othawa Break away. i.e Gingerella, Right?

Yes. Though I think at this point she is more a Ximhungwe than a Othawa. 

(05-13-2022, 12:51 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:18 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are the only newcomers I can think of. 

Interesting that they didn't vacate the area. But with one of their brothers gone they probably will be less aggressive from now on.
Still. Gore should not be caught alone.

one of their brothers gone ?? Gone meaning lost/Seperated or Gone meaning dead? 
Gone as in not with them. He may be death or just lost, but in any case, not there to back them up in a fight.

Thank you Kindly. I havent read this thread in a long time, so been reading since last 30 pages. Thanks again for the answer..

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-13-2022, 01:48 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans. ---- But thats what Mr T and Mapogo fans claim.

The death of Mr T was just an aggressive lion unwilling to give up his territory no matter what, It definitely wasn't him thinking "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight". That footage always puzzled me though, the Selaties pretty much gave him every opportunity to make a run for it but he didn't do it for whatever reason.
1 user Likes sik94's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-13-2022, 01:07 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 12:51 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: one of their brothers gone ?? Gone meaning lost/Seperated or Gone meaning dead? 

Missing after clash with N'ws, but they prob didnt kill him, looks like he got lost and cant find his brothers.

Thanks.

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-13-2022, 02:00 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 01:48 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans. ---- But thats what Mr T and Mapogo fans claim.

The death of Mr T was just an aggressive lion unwilling to give up his territory no matter what, It definitely wasn't him thinking "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight". That footage always puzzled me though, the Selaties pretty much gave him every opportunity to make a run for it but he didn't do it for whatever reason.

Actually, this line "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight" fits Mr T's death perfectly ( if you think Lions think that way, which I am not sure if they do or dont ) , 

As according to witnesses, Mr T ran for " many kilometers " to run away from Selatis, but they successfully managed to catch up with him. Thats why, if you see the longer version of the video, all of them are tired and panting initially and after some time the attack starts ( which for me confirms that there was a chase involved ).  Below is the proof for your reference:  Also *** Dont want any fights with Mapogo crazy fanboys for showing that he RAN to save his life 2nd time, just like he did when Majings were younger/nomads and chased him away from KT ****

http://gregcoatesphotography.blogspot.com/2012/05/

Sunday, May 27, 2012
The lodge has been so busy over the last few months that I literally have not had a chance to blog! The sightings have however remained amazing as always and here is a brief summary of the predator viewing since Feb.

Probably the headline news is the four young Southern Pride males (now known as the Selati Males) taking over from the three old Mapogo’s. The Selati brothers had been exploring Mapogo territory for a few months but had always retreated at the sign of a confrontation. One night in March however the Selati Males came across the Mapogo’s on a buffalo kill in front of the lodge and split the older males up. Sataan was separated and the Selati males chased him for many kilometres before catching him and viciously attacking him (video). Sataan eventually died of his wounds and the two remaining Mapogo’s, Makhulu and Skoro, have been roaming nomadically to our east ever since.
3 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

I have seen that video of Mr T getting attacked by the Selaties many times and I see some weird behavior from him. You have linked a resource so I'm not gonna argue with that. Even if he was chased for kilometers before and was on the run as the article says, that doesn't explain what you see in the video. What I saw was the Selaties would get up every few minutes, beat on him, and then leave him alone for a bit almost giving him an open door to run and vacate his territory. He was showing aggression and not submission, almost egging on the Selaties at times. Almost felt like the Selaties didn't want to put him away and have an unnecessary fight, but when he refused to run anymore they had to do what they had to do.
2 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-13-2022, 01:28 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-13-2022, 05:18 AM)sik94 Wrote: I have seen that video of Mr T getting attacked by the Selaties many times and I see some weird behavior from him. You have linked a resource so I'm not gonna argue with that. Even if he was chased for kilometers before and was on the run as the article says, that doesn't explain what you see in the video. What I saw was the Selaties would get up every few minutes, beat on him, and then leave him alone for a bit almost giving him an open door to run and vacate his territory. He was showing aggression and not submission, almost egging on the Selaties at times. Almost felt like the Selaties didn't want to put him away and have an unnecessary fight, but when he refused to run anymore they had to do what they had to do.

He couldnt run away because of his injuries, even without injuries, it would be hard/impossible to out run 4 males, especially as he was fatigued already.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

Dark mane junior and the story of the 4ways coalition

3 users Like Leo Aslan's post

WildRev Offline

1/2 PC male, really impressive
9 users Like WildRev's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(05-13-2022, 12:02 PM)WildRev Wrote: 1/2 PC male, really impressive

These two brother gonna take shit out of their opponents!!!! 
How fierce they are looking!! 
Just 4yrs 10 mnths old
5 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

all Nkuhumas together 

5 users Like Tonpa's post

1999gc8 Online

(05-13-2022, 01:13 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 12:02 PM)WildRev Wrote: 1/2 PC male, really impressive

These two brother gonna take shit out of their opponents!!!! 
How fierce they are looking!! 
Just 4yrs 10 mnths old

I swear everytime I see new footage of the PC Males and even if it's just a couple of months since the last time they always look they've grown lol. They look so impressive. I think they'll be every bit as big as the Mantimahles.
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-13-2022, 01:20 PM)Tonpa Wrote: all Nkuhumas together 

21 lions. 

So 2 Avocas, 5 older females, 7 subs and 7 cubs.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-13-2022, 05:18 AM)sik94 Wrote: I have seen that video of Mr T getting attacked by the Selaties many times and I see some weird behavior from him. You have linked a resource so I'm not gonna argue with that. Even if he was chased for kilometers before and was on the run as the article says, that doesn't explain what you see in the video. What I saw was the Selaties would get up every few minutes, beat on him, and then leave him alone for a bit almost giving him an open door to run and vacate his territory. He was showing aggression and not submission, almost egging on the Selaties at times. Almost felt like the Selaties didn't want to put him away and have an unnecessary fight, but when he refused to run anymore they had to do what they had to do.

Brother, I have seen many fights of different lions in which the attack is not constant. Its always with breaks. Lol. I dont know why, but they rest and then attack, sometimes they just stop n chill, even go away from their enemy then come back, they roar in between, all kinds of weird things. especially if its 2v1 or 3v1 or 4v1 etcetera. The reason it also looks weird in Mr T's case is ALL FIVE lions were running for kilometers, all were tired, yet they also wanted to attack, so thats how the attack happened. *** Anyways **** 

This is not the topic I wanted to discuss, rather, I was thinking if the lions really think/plan, cos there are multiple behaviors which seem to suggest they do think/plot/plan... and thought that post/thread was interesting. 

Anyways, I generally dont post, as  I am more into reading the news and stuff. And that Debate/Discussion/fight about which lion is bigger in SS was Childish ( bcos of the love of our fav lions ) & hilarious (  cos things were getting heated a bit) . Lol. 

I thank you ALL for contributing to this thread and I appreciate it a lot. Hope everyone has a good day!!! Peace!
3 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-13-2022, 06:23 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:

Brother, I have seen many fights of different lions in which the attack is not constant. Its always with breaks. Lol. I dont know why, but they rest and then attack, sometimes they just stop n chill, even go away from their enemy then come back, they roar in between, all kinds of weird things. especially if its 2v1 or 3v1 or 4v1 etcetera. The reason it also looks weird in Mr T's case is ALL FIVE lions were running for kilometers, all were tired, yet they also wanted to attack, so thats how the attack happened. *** Anyways **** 

This is not the topic I wanted to discuss, rather, I was thinking if the lions really think/plan, cos there are multiple behaviors which seem to suggest they do think/plot/plan... and thought that post/thread was interesting. 

Anyways, I generally dont post, as  I am more into reading the news and stuff. And that Debate/Discussion/fight about which lion is bigger in SS was Childish ( bcos of the love of our fav lions ) & hilarious (  cos things were getting heated a bit) . Lol. 

I thank you ALL for contributing to this thread and I appreciate it a lot. Hope everyone has a good day!!! Peace!

Forgot to ask, is there thread for PC boys exclusively ? Those two gigantic monsters are going to be the future superstars of SS and I love those boys. They have this ruthlessness that I have not seen in a coalition of 2 at such a young age. I have big hopes of those two. They are going to cause mayhem ! I believe they had a 3rd brother (similar age), and their father dropped him off in SS too, does anyone know that boys status?

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(05-13-2022, 06:30 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 06:23 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:

Forgot to ask, is there thread for PC boys exclusively ? Those two gigantic monsters are going to be the future superstars of SS and I love those boys. They have this ruthlessness that I have not seen in a coalition of 2 at such a young age. I have big hopes of those two. They are going to cause mayhem ! I believe they had a 3rd brother (similar age), and their father dropped him off in SS too, does anyone know that boys status?

My friend, there is not yet an exclusive thread for the PC boys, as they have yet to take over a pride, and settle in somewhere. We will, of course, revisit this once and if they do. I personally believe it is only a matter of time.
3 users Like BA0701's post