There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Humans don't mate every 20 minutes for 3 days straight though.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

ah I see what you're trying to say

Nkuhuma cub group and mohawk 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-12-2022, 02:00 AM)Tonpa Wrote: ah I see what you're trying to say

Its not recent right? I think that young male reunited with subadults gruop.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(05-12-2022, 02:44 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 02:00 AM)Tonpa Wrote: ah I see what you're trying to say

Its not recent right? I think that young male reunited with subadults gruop.

Not sure anymore tbh, the poster uses a #Today hashtag but uses it on old posts too. like the Talamati short tail one

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

By the way this is one the talamati males right? Seems he got left behind in Sabi Sabi. one male is missing from the recent videos in the north 

"We found this male lion by himself late one afternoon and were fortunate enough to follow him as he started to groom, in preparation for his evening venture. He moved along roadsides trying to follow up on the rest of the pride, trying to pick up on any scent trails that would lead him toward them." 

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mhangenis are back in western sector :

Photo credits : Savanna game reserve

This could benefit Othawas and Tumbelas as 2 pressuring coalitions might shift their focus on them.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-12-2022, 02:48 AM)Tonpa Wrote: By the way this is one the talamati males right? Seems he got left behind in Sabi Sabi. one male is missing from the recent videos in the north 

"We found this male lion by himself late one afternoon and were fortunate enough to follow him as he started to groom, in preparation for his evening venture. He moved along roadsides trying to follow up on the rest of the pride, trying to pick up on any scent trails that would lead him toward them." 

I had been concerned that there had only been one of the Boys seen lately also.   But @lionuk asked Tendai Moyo and he said both males were seen at one of his recent sightings.   But he didn’t show him so in was hmm
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 04:18 PM by lionuk )

Amahle breaks up the fighting between the three Kambula lionesses

9 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 04:22 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-12-2022, 03:24 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I had been concerned that there had only been one of the Boys seen lately also.   But @lionuk asked Tendai Moyo and he said both males were seen at one of his recent sightings.   But he didn’t show him so in was hmm

That sighting of him alone in Sabi Sabi was in the past week, it is said that he has been trailing his pride, that was prob when they are starting to move north again.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(04-12-2022, 11:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ximhungwe and Othawa breakaway females together again, Othawa female steals the hat haha :

Othawa Break away. i.e Gingerella, Right?
3 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(05-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 11:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ximhungwe and Othawa breakaway females together again, Othawa female steals the hat haha :

Yes.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(04-25-2022, 01:18 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are the only newcomers I can think of. 

Interesting that they didn't vacate the area. But with one of their brothers gone they probably will be less aggressive from now on.
Still. Gore should not be caught alone.

one of their brothers gone ?? Gone meaning lost/Seperated or Gone meaning dead? 

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-13-2022, 12:51 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: one of their brothers gone ?? Gone meaning lost/Seperated or Gone meaning dead? 

Missing after clash with N'ws, but they prob didnt kill him, looks like he got lost and cant find his brothers.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

(05-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:

Yes. Though I think at this point she is more a Ximhungwe than a Othawa. 

(05-13-2022, 12:51 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:18 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are the only newcomers I can think of. 

Interesting that they didn't vacate the area. But with one of their brothers gone they probably will be less aggressive from now on.
Still. Gore should not be caught alone.

one of their brothers gone ?? Gone meaning lost/Seperated or Gone meaning dead? 
Gone as in not with them. He may be death or just lost, but in any case, not there to back them up in a fight.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(05-08-2022, 07:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 07:30 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Keep in mind, these guys had a very rough nomadic life.
Lions may not choose to commit suicide. But from Limpers perspective, fleeing may be just as much suicidal.

Its not that hard to believe he may stay and prefer to try to fight first. The odds indeed aren't that bad against them and they can always run later.

As i said, from that post of Nhenha/NK vs Limper, he was described basically "too weak to fight", so looks like he cant fight.

Lions dont plan future like this, they act in the moment, from his perspective, in this weak state, fleeing is the best option as he knows he is too weak to fight. 

Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans.

Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans. ---- But thats what Mr T and Mapogo fans claim. Lol. The Brave death of Mr T is claimed exactly like that. Isn't that funny? 

But in all fairness, we do not know how they think or IF they think. Maybe they do, maybe they dont. we wont be able to say that for sure. We can find examples in both of these scenarios.
1 user Likes Salman B.A.M's post