There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-08-2022, 07:30 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Keep in mind, these guys had a very rough nomadic life.
Lions may not choose to commit suicide. But from Limpers perspective, fleeing may be just as much suicidal.

Its not that hard to believe he may stay and prefer to try to fight first. The odds indeed aren't that bad against them and they can always run later.

As i said, from that post of Nhenha/NK vs Limper, he was described basically "too weak to fight", so looks like he cant fight.

Lions dont plan future like this, they act in the moment, from his perspective, in this weak state, fleeing is the best option as he knows he is too weak to fight. 

Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

1ofCourage Offline

(05-08-2022, 07:30 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Keep in mind, these guys had a very rough nomadic life.
Lions may not choose to commit suicide. But from Limpers perspective, fleeing may be just as much suicidal.

Its not that hard to believe he may stay and prefer to try to fight first. The odds indeed aren't that bad against them and they can always run later.

Has the Xinghungwe lioness had her cubs yet?  Skorro, Jr has more than a couple fronts to be concerned about.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

(05-08-2022, 07:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

As i said, from that post of Nhenha/NK vs Limper, he was described basically "too weak to fight", so looks like he cant fight.

Lions dont plan future like this, they act in the moment, from his perspective, in this weak state, fleeing is the best option as he knows he is too weak to fight. 

Lion cant have tought process like "oh i will die anyways so i might just try and fight", they dont use logic like us humans.
I doubt that. If that was the case, he and Scar would have fled a long time ago. Animals are not just some mindless automatons. 
Keep in mind, we are not talking about fleeing as in escaping a dangerous situation. But fleeing as in abandoning the pride and go nomadic again, even after the danger from the fight has passed. 

(05-08-2022, 07:42 PM)1ofCourage Wrote:

Has the Xinghungwe lioness had her cubs yet?  Skorro, Jr has more than a couple fronts to be concerned about.
Not that I know off. But I don't think those are on his mind as he doesn't really hang out with her as much outside of mating.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Othawa pride joined by the handsome Dark Maned Tumbela,  stalk across an open area, their five remaining cubs following behind.
There were 3 different male coalitions in a 5km (3.1 mile) radius of each other last night.
There is an imminent dynamic shift with the lions of the Western Sector. We wait with baited breath to see which coalition comes out on top. Whatever happens, the fate of the Othawa pride hangs in the balance.

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Potato's post

1ofCourage Offline

(05-08-2022, 08:42 PM)Potato Wrote: The Othawa pride joined by the handsome Dark Maned Tumbela,  stalk across an open area, their five remaining cubs following behind.
There were 3 different male coalitions in a 5km (3.1 mile) radius of each other last night.
There is an imminent dynamic shift with the lions of the Western Sector. We wait with baited breath to see which coalition comes out on top. Whatever happens, the fate of the Othawa pride hangs in the balance.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Was it a boy or a girl cub that was killed recently by the PC males?

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(05-08-2022, 08:48 PM)1ofCourage Wrote: Was it a boy or a girl cub that was killed recently by the PC males?
Girl cub. But not sure if it was 1 of Sassy's 3 girls or 1 of Junior's Mum's 2 girls.

South Africa Slayerd Online
Star 

https://instagram.com/stories/lionsighti...DJmNzVkMjY=

Lion sightings Instagram story. Nkuhuma is chasing after the two older lionesses whilst roaring, he catches them and they submit. No info on where Nhenha is. He might take the chance to track down the cubs and Sassy.
5 users Like Slayerd's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Probably catching his breath in a bush somewhere lol
5 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

More clips of the two Othawa lionesses and Nk male

6 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 11:48 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-08-2022, 09:48 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Lion sightings Instagram story. Nkuhuma is chasing after the two older lionesses whilst roaring, he catches them and they submit. No info on where Nhenha is. He might take the chance to track down the cubs and Sassy.
(05-08-2022, 10:03 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Probably catching his breath in a bush somewhere lol

As we predicted when these 2 first asembled , that Nkuhuma male will be in charge if these 2 make a move for takeover, and Nhenha will play more supportive role.

Also as @Tonpa said, old guy might get tired heh..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Russian Federation Bellateda Offline
Banned

So Ottawa Pride is doomed.... I mean two older lionesses are infertile and Sassy will have to start anew...

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 12:22 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-08-2022, 07:56 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I doubt that. If that was the case, he and Scar would have fled a long time ago. Animals are not just some mindless automatons. 
Keep in mind, we are not talking about fleeing as in escaping a dangerous situation. But fleeing as in abandoning the pride and go nomadic again, even after the danger from the fight has passed. 

Why would they escape long time ago? To this events they where never threatned..

They are not "mindless automats", but they certaintly cant logically plan the future, like us humans, thats the difference between humans and animals.

Its impossible that animal can plan the future by logic..

They operate by instincts and in the moment.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-08-2022, 11:48 PM)Bellateda Wrote: So Ottawa Pride is doomed.... I mean two older lionesses are infertile and Sassy will have to start anew...

1 older is infertile.

Contributor

"What an exciting day ! We were so happy to finally witness how the young Othawa female successfully

managed to rescue the five subadult Othawas out of the battlefield, save at least for now "

4 users Like Tonpa's post