There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 05:52 PM by lionuk )

Styx pride
N'was male Gore

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like lionuk's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-22-2022, 11:28 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Looks like DM

So he overtook carcass from 1 of Nwaswitshakas? Brave and dangerous move in their territory..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Guessing he found injured belly alone

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Odd. Darkmane isnt the most confident and strongest lion himself. I wonder how healthy Gore really is to bow out like that.

Contributor

I assume it was a case of a starving lion against a lion who's already had his fill. No need for a confrontation
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

(03-22-2022, 02:25 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Odd. Darkmane isnt the most confident and strongest lion himself. I wonder how healthy Gore really is to bow out like that.
Maybe one of the reasons, other than filling his tummy, Gore just didn't want to fight due to his stomach injury.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-22-2022, 02:29 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I assume it was a case of a starving lion against a lion who's already had his fill. No need for a confrontation

Yea, if DM is very hungry, he wont back down against 1 male, but he is playing with fire in a territory of 4 males.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 07:12 PM by lionuk )

Eorenji. I can't tell which one of those Kambula lionesses is shown here. 

7 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Southern pride

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The great Mapogo lions in their heydays

5 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Contributor

Poor old girl resting near Djuma Dam. 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-23-2022, 02:23 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Poor old girl resting near Djuma Dam. 

This old girl has shown such amazing fight and resiliency.   Makes me smile every time I get to see her.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

She hasn't moved in 24 hours now. She wakes up occasionally and looks around before going back to sleep. 

4 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 02:26 PM by Duco Ndona )

That's concerning if she really is in that exact same spot the whole time. One would expect her to seek out shade or relieve herself eventually.
I assume she is still doing that?
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-23-2022, 12:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote: She hasn't moved in 24 hours now. She wakes up occasionally and looks around before going back to sleep. 

I feel like this behavior is like that she has given up and ready to die. Many lions remain in the same spot for days before dying