There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-29-2022, 08:09 PM)lionuk Wrote: My initial thought was those males might be the sons of the Charlestons males
Charleston sons?? 
As far as I know, Charleston males have sons in nwaswitshaka pride( 4 yrs old maybe)

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 09:33 PM by Brahim )

@Tr1x24 Nice find! Was looking everywhere. Yeah does actually look the same.
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-29-2022, 09:12 PM)Slayerd Wrote: I said it before but the Nwaswitshaka males are to have a tough time controlling that large a territory whilst separated. Nhenha and his 7 sons already roam their territory like it's nothing and with all 4 being separated majority of the time, its hard to control their entire southern territory whilst mating with the Kambula females up in the north. They leave gore alone to defend their 2 southern prides and eventually they might end up being taken out one by one

Well yea, but thats the case with every big coalition who controls multiple prides, males are spread thru prides.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

@Tr1x24  very good find man. You found that quick! I have never seen this video before. They look to be of varying ages. Either that or one just has underdeveloped mane.  The fuller maned male looks to be 4 years old. 
There were reports of 3 males coming into SS, one looking older than the others. Maybe their brother is still with them if these indeed are the males spoken about. 

N'waswishaka males need to do their job now and defend their two prides with cubs. 

We have a few coalitions originating from kruger spending time in SS now.  PC, Nwaswishaka, Kruger males, and these males seen in S1. 

I was hoping for it to be Junior and the twins.
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

With the takeover of the Othawa pride, the death of Hairy Belly, Sym and the Othawa Young Male and the failed push south by the Northern Avocas, I wouldn't call 2021 calm.

Anyway. This is the second time Gore got shown the door by intruding males in just a short time.
Its clear his presence alone isn't enough to protect their prides in the south. So his brothers need to head back and show they have what it takes to hold multiple prides. 
Or the third time there may be more casualties than just Gore's pride.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-29-2022, 10:40 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: @Tr1x24  very good find man. You found that quick! I have never seen this video before. They look to be of varying ages. Either that or one just has underdeveloped mane.  The fuller maned male looks to be 4 years old. 
There were reports of 3 males coming into SS, one looking older than the others. Maybe their brother is still with them if these indeed are the males spoken about. 

N'waswishaka males need to do their job now and defend their two prides with cubs. 

We have a few coalitions originating from kruger spending time in SS now.  PC, Nwaswishaka, Kruger males, and these males seen in S1. 

I was hoping for it to be Junior and the twins.

I think they are definetly 4 yrs old, oldest prob close to 5.

Its yet to be see intentions of these boys, are they just passing thru or will they actually commit for a territorial fight.

If they commit, will be interesting to see what will N'ws do, Orange Eyes and Wide Nose are completley commited further north with Kambulas, they rarely visit back south lately.

N'ws might actually decide it is not worth to fight for their former prides, as there is no mating females there anymore, and completely move into central Sabi Sands and with Kambulas, which would be disaster for Styx pride, as they might get abandoned again with young cubs, just like they where from Bboys few years back.. 

But yea, thats just plenty of speculations, as these guys might get chased out easly if all N'ws commit, and never return again.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-30-2022, 12:13 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: With the takeover of the Othawa pride, the death of Hairy Belly, Sym and the Othawa Young Male and the failed push south by the Northern Avocas, I wouldn't call 2021 calm.

Anyway. This is the second time Gore got shown the door by intruding males in just a short time.
Its clear his presence alone isn't enough to protect their prides in the south. So his brothers need to head back and show they have what it takes to hold multiple prides. 
Or the third time there may be more casualties than just Gore's pride.

Also death of Tinyo aswell, and N'ws ousting Birminghams and taking Kambulas, 2021 was definitely rollercoaster for Sabi Sands, but 2022 might be aswell.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

6 users Like Mabingilane's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Another video of newcomers to Sabi Sabi from S1, only 1 male showed, its the 3rd member of coalition, who wasnt there in chase of Gore :

3rd males ID:

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-30-2022, 05:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Another video of newcomers to Sabi Sabi from S1, only 1 male showed, its the 3rd member of coalition, who wasnt there in chase of Gore :

3rd males ID:

Well it seems like out of 3 new males, two are of same age of eldest kambulas males ( or may be a couple of months older) . 

So two nwaswitshaka males ( even if one of them is gore) should be more than enough to chase them away unless these 3 young Turks already had a rough life and enough experience

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-30-2022, 06:41 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Well it seems like out of 3 new males, two are of same age of eldest kambulas males ( or may be a couple of months older) . 

So two nwaswitshaka males ( even if one of them is gore) should be more than enough to chase them away unless these 3 young Turks already had a rough life and enough experience

I think even those 2 are over 4 yrs old, they might not have big manes, but their nose pigment is fairly dark and black.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That could get interesting if they are old enough.

If they manage to kill Gore it would be roughly 3 versus 3 again. That may be enough to convince the rest of the Nwaswitshakas to abandon the Styx and Southern pride.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-30-2022, 08:33 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: That could get interesting if they are old enough.

If they manage to kill Gore it would be roughly 3 versus 3 again. That may be enough to convince the rest of the Nwaswitshakas to abandon the Styx and Southern pride.

I really don't want this. 
Nothing is predictable, but I really want nwaswitshaka to hold on styx, southern, kambula ( nhenha GFs), kambula breakaway ( nhenha daughters) and govern these prides for many many years and sire dozens of cubbies with them. 
But for that they need to learn how to stick together like majinglanis, I am sceptical if they ever learn it
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 12:53 AM by Tonpa )

Looks like something went down between the new males and Ndzhenga males on MalaMala

Wide nose survived an attack

He did well protecting his spine, no injures around there

MalaMala Blog 

"A ranger observed as three young and unknown lions chased a blood-smeared Ndhzenga male northwards (the individual with the club foot). As we piece titbits together, we speculate that the unknown males found the “club-footed” Ndhzenga male alone. One is no match for three, and the newcomers likely saw this as an opportunity to eliminate a new rival. Unfortunately for them, the ensuing commotion attracted the attention of the other three Ndhzenga males.
They came in hot and the tide rapidly turned on the newcomers who ran for the hills as the incumbent coalition gave chase.

From here, we can only tell the side of the story that unfolded east of the boundary. Although, reliable reports informed us that two Ndhzenga males chased one of the unknown males further west and another further south – but no further fighting occurred.
Reverberating roars filled the air. The “club-footed” Ndhzenga male, sporting severe lacerations and puncture wounds to his back right leg, rump and temple, engaged the third unknown younger-looking male in a one-sided roar-off. No contact was made, but the Ndhzenga male appeared to intimidate the younger male. We say ‘appeared to’ because although the younger male didn’t act aggressively, he didn’t run away either. Then more roars boomed from the east. Taking frequent pauses, the “club-footed” Ndhzenga male gingerly walked east and crossed West Street Bridge, where he linked up with the fourth member of his coalition (the individual with the abdominal protrusion). The young unknown male wasn’t seen again."

https://www.malamala.com/blog/unknown-co...irst-blood
7 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 01:15 AM by Tr1x24 )

Holy shit. 

So all 3 young males are here and challenged N'ws, these guys are crazy!!

Wide Nose got lucky to survive attack of 3 males..

Rest of N'ws chase them away. 

Video of chasing at the beginning are N'ws chasing them, looks like Amahle and Orange Eyes. 

Looks like aftermath is yet to be seen..

These young guys are overconfident and i would say foolish, with so many small coalitions around, they challenged coalition of 4..(unless they actually didn't know that they are 4).
6 users Like Tr1x24's post