There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Can't really expect factual content from the mapogo community lol
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-05-2022, 11:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Really quick passthrough by the torchwood pride just now, looked like 4 lionesses and maybe 6 cubs of various sizes

Kruger males anywhere to be seen?
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

RookiePundit Offline

(01-06-2022, 12:18 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 12:34 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote: The awesome story of Sizanani

Actually, Sizanani and his lame brother weren't the only ones who survived the Mapogo onslaught.  It is thought that a couple of other cubs might have made it, too, including his sister or cousin 'Nana', mother of the lone Nkuhuma Male and his littermate sister.

Yes that video is misleding in multiple ways. The buffalo takedown is not him either. Incomplete info regarding his descendants. Lame music even over sightings. That channel aims as the lowest common denominator.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 10:29 AM by Tonpa )

(01-06-2022, 06:30 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 11:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Really quick passthrough by the torchwood pride just now, looked like 4 lionesses and maybe 6 cubs of various sizes

Kruger males anywhere to be seen?

Nah, after they passed through there was a male contact calling for quite a while, but he never travelled on the same path they did and presumably went around the area

Video of the pride 

2 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tintswalo just posted on FB 

"Two new males have been roaring from Kruger to the east of the Manyeleti, prompting the big Imbali Male to send his own message back!" 

With a video of the S8 male roaring, should be the two Kruger males they are referring to.

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 05:28 PM by 1999gc8 )

(01-06-2022, 08:00 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:

Actually, Sizanani and his lame brother weren't the only ones who survived the Mapogo onslaught.  It is thought that a couple of other cubs might have made it, too, including his sister or cousin 'Nana', mother of the lone Nkuhuma Male and his littermate sister.

Yes that video is misleding in multiple ways. The buffalo takedown is not him either. Incomplete info regarding his descendants. Lame music even over sightings. That channel aims as the lowest common denominator.

I'm not defending anyone but in the original footage it appears it is Sizanani as it was mentioned in the comment saying it was him and Skorro. I dont care either way but was just curious and remembered watching the footage of the takedown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-yhrTnblPE&t=76s
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
Star  ( This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 03:08 PM by Tr1x24 )

PC males :

Photo Credits : marc_bt_wildelife

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-06-2022, 03:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PC males :

Photo Credits : marc_bt_wildelife

Can clearly see one has a much wider face from this angle
4 users Like Mdz123's post

RookiePundit Offline

(01-06-2022, 12:57 PM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:00 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:

I'm not defending anyone but in the original footage it appears it is Sizanani as it was mentioned in the comment saying it was him and Skorro. I dont care either way but was just curious and remembered watching the footage of the takedown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-yhrTnblPE&t=76s

To me it seems obvious Skorro is the one making the kill and Sizanani joineds him at the kill at the end. That is how I always remembered it and till yesterday I never had seen a source claiming it vice versa. But I can be mistaken, I just don't know how.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Had no idea they were already at this stage 

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Kambula subs resting together under the shade of trees
Londolozi- 2nd January
Credit: estherbengtsson

10 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-07-2022, 01:59 PM)lionuk Wrote: Kambula subs resting together under the shade of trees
Londolozi- 2nd January
Credit: estherbengtsson

Was Nhena with them? If yes it would be nice to see him sticking with his children. Its safer for him tbh.
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nwaswitshaka's at MalaMala airstrip :

Photo Credits : pravirpatel/LegendSafaris

Nhenha also seen with Kambulas with cubs in MalaMala, i assume further north, for now he is doing good job avoiding N'ws:

13 users Like Tr1x24's post

WildRev Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 12:39 AM by WildRev )

I guess that was again Amahle and Eorenji, hopefully Gore and Ubuso bounce back, regain their health and stick with their brothers , as for now it's only 2/4 males at peak conditon patrolling Malamala
2 users Like WildRev's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 01:46 AM by Tr1x24 )

(01-08-2022, 12:35 AM)WildRev Wrote: I guess that was again Amahle and Eorenji, hopefully Gore and Ubuso bounce back, regain their health and stick with their brothers , as for now it's only 2/4 males at peak conditon patrolling Malamala

I dont know from where you are getting that Ubuso is "thin" more then usually, he was never as bulky as 2 healthy N'ws.

Lets not start another narrative that 2 N'ws are "dying" because they are "apperantly" skinnier then usual (althrough recent photos are not good to even judge that). 

This is wild, lions dont get food on regular basis, all lions have their "up and downs" / "bulky and skinny" phase's.

Same goes for comments about DM Avoca, because he was seen "skinnier" then usually, ofc he will be skinnier if he doesnt eat for few days (for whatever reason).. 

So lets not overreact if some lion is seen more "thin" sometimes, thats normal if its not prolonged.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post