There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Kambula subadults
Photo credit: dobrowsky

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like lionuk's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-28-2021, 04:43 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I honestly have no idea what's up with that. 
The code that runs that part of the forum must have issues identifying my location or something. The Netherlands should be the correct one. 

Hmm. Othawa and Ximhungwe forming a pride together. Any new cubs will be raised as a mixture of the prides rather than just the continuation of one. So a new name would be fitting.
Othungwe? Ximhawa?

Or perhaps something to remember that the two prides used to be enemies in south african?

Vergewe pride. (Forgive)
Vergifnis pride. (Forgifnis)
Saam pride. (Together)
Vrede pride. (Peace)
Vriendskap pride. (Friendship)
Vyande pride. (Enemies)

Anyway. This is mostly me having some fun thinking of new names. So take it for what it is.

Do you use a VPN?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Super Moderator

I don't recall seeing this posted, even looked back to the middle of October, but it's possible I missed it. But this is some really good footage of the Othawa cubs, scrappy little buggers they are, being lead to a kill.

4 users Like BA0701's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Yes. But it does not seem to corollate with any of my locations. Or whether its active or not.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 04:58 AM by BA0701 )

(11-07-2021, 04:15 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Yes. But it does not seem to corollate with any of my locations. Or whether its active or not.

Your originating country is gathered by IP V4 address, as each country has their own pool of public (routable) addresses (this is a list of public addresses assigned to the Netherlands: Netherlands IP Address Blocks - XMyIP - IPv4 IP Addresses by Country ). However, with IPV6, it is a little different, and typically VPNs have routers all over the world to help in maintaining higher speeds, and thus the public interfaces on those routers would have addresses indicative to the countries those routers are sitting in, which could likely be the cause of your IP address, and thus your registered location, changing so often. Typically your ISP would give the address your router receives that is either static (never changing hard coded) or dynamic (DHCP) with an extended lease, and those are typically private (nonroutable) addresses, so even if that address changes daily, the public address you are actually hitting the web with should not change, whatever your ISP is NAT'ing your private address to, unless using a global VPN service. Certainly the network portion of the public address from your ISP should not change, unless of course your ISP is your VPN service as well and is also a global entity.

Best way to test this, is by going to https://www.whatismyip.com/ when you are connected to your VPN and when you are not. When you are not connected to VPN, it is doubtful that address will ever change, as it is the public interface of your ISP. The host portion may change, as they without a doubt have a pool of addresses to pull from, but the network address (201.201.201.x/24 would have a network address of 201.201.201.0, and anything in the last octet, the X, would be the host) should never change when strictly using your ISP. All of that goes out the window when connecting to a VPN service.

I cannot speak to specifics, as I know nothing of your ISP's network, but this is a very high level generalization of how your originating country might change so frequently. I hope that helped, and didn't only serve to cause confusion. Apologies if I have done so. Now, back to our lion discussions, feel free to PM if you have any questions.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Sweden Mangw Offline

Does somebody know how many cubs there were in each litter of the kambula cubs born in 2018/2019, i only know of the litter born in 2019 was 5 cubs
2 users Like Mangw's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Click 3:42 to see two Northern Avoca Males south of the Sand River as they follow the shade under a large torchwood tree.

3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Apparently Blondie is limping on this video.

Gijima Offline

(11-07-2021, 07:25 PM)lionuk Wrote: Click 3:42 to see two Northern Avoca Males south of the Sand River as they follow the shade under a large torchwood tree.

These two remind me of their southern brothers this year. Bold, brave and totally fearless. 

The reason why we all love following lions.
2 users Like Gijima's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

4 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 01:17 PM by Tonpa )

It's happening 

https://instagram.com/stories/jamotyrrel...hare_sheet
by James Tyrell

8 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Two Sub-adult males from the Talamati pride having a bonding moment.
Photo credit: Elephant Plains

5 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 02:21 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-08-2021, 01:04 PM)Tonpa Wrote: It's happening 

https://instagram.com/stories/jamotyrrel...hare_sheet
by James Tyrell

Would be good to know where they are exactly, Kambulas with cubs and Bboys territory is in western sector and across the river in MalaMala around Rattray's Camp.

Hope Bboys and N. Avocas stay safe as these guys are roaming in Londolozi.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 04:06 PM by lionuk )

(11-08-2021, 02:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Hope Bboys and N. Avocas stay safe as these guys are roaming in Londolozi.
Yes, and hopefully the Mhangeni pride also stays safe as they have two cubs.

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Tsalala female is showing sign of suckle marks..

5 users Like lionuk's post