There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tree climbing Kambula cub by melanie groenewald

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

Torchwood girls presumably on the hunt come down for a quick drink

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Sweden Mangw Offline

Does somebody know the genders of the 3 oldest kambula cubs?
1 user Likes Mangw's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(08-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think the misidentification thing is more regarding wheter or not its the Ximhungwe or Tsalala lioness mating with a Tumbella. Not which Tumbella it is. But I dont think Diff is going to confuse a lioness he knows is there and mating with the Tumbellas with one that hasnt been in the region for a while now.

As for the Avocas. As they push south, they will leave the north wide open for a takeover. 
Though if their respective prides are getting into estrus again its more likely they are going to stay home for now.

(11-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Mangw Wrote: Does somebody know the genders of the 3 oldest kambula cubs?

I only know one is male, the other two I don't know. Very difficult to to tell when they're cubs
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Torchwood female lionesses seen in Simbambili area today
Photo credit: A.J.N. Experience

5 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

That's weird...
3 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

I know. It's possible the photographer might got it wrong about these lionesses. The problem is both of them are blacked i.e. we can't see their faces.
3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Silver Eyed Talamati Queen
The well known matriarch of the Talamati pride. This queen is roughly 13 years old, born in 2008. She is doing great and was seen a few days ago at Nkhoro on a fresh kill.
Photo credit: EverseenSA

8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(11-02-2021, 12:54 PM)lionuk Wrote: Torchwood female lionesses seen in Simbambili area today
Photo credit: A.J.N. Experience
Update: The photographer has made a correction and these lionesses actually are the Talamati female lionesses.
6 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(11-02-2021, 10:56 PM)lionuk Wrote: Silver Eyed Talamati Queen
The well known matriarch of the Talamati pride. This queen is roughly 13 years old, born in 2008. She is doing great and was seen a few days ago at Nkhoro on a fresh kill.

Sired by Mapogos? Im not sure they had control over Talamatis tho.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 07:19 PM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Link fixed )

1/2 PC male 

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

NOTE: It's one of the Northern Avoca males 'Blondie' when they made their appearance in Sabi Sands regards: Timbavati
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Contributor

(11-03-2021, 05:38 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:56 PM)lionuk Wrote: Silver Eyed Talamati Queen

Sired by Mapogos? Im not sure they had control over Talamatis tho.

I believe the consensus is that she was probably sired by Dozie the Nkuhuma male, although I don't think she was ever photographed as a cub so who knows ey
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-03-2021, 05:46 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: 1/2 PC male 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVtOFQnq-v3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Not PC male.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(11-03-2021, 10:52 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 05:46 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: 1/2 PC male 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVtOFQnq-v3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Not PC male.

Ok thanks for letting me know, someone said that this was taken in Londolozi, and the only lions that look like that in Londolozi are the PC Males or NK young male. Guess the person was wrong or I misidentified
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-03-2021, 01:05 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Ok thanks for letting me know, someone said that this was taken in Londolozi, and the only lions that look like that in Londolozi are the PC Males or NK young male. Guess the person was wrong or I misidentified

It looks like Solo male, prob around 10 yrs ago.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post