There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

lionuk Offline
Contributor

@Duco Ndona hope you don't mind me asking, but your channel has a different country flag almost every week, first it's Netherlands, USA, Czezh Republic and today its Germany??
While mine stays the same.
3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Recent sightings of the Nkuhuma male and one of the Mhangeni pride lionesses with a kill at Ulusaba, Western Sabi Sands posted October 27.

5 users Like lionuk's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I honestly have no idea what's up with that. 
The code that runs that part of the forum must have issues identifying my location or something. The Netherlands should be the correct one. 

Hmm. Othawa and Ximhungwe forming a pride together. Any new cubs will be raised as a mixture of the prides rather than just the continuation of one. So a new name would be fitting.
Othungwe? Ximhawa?

Or perhaps something to remember that the two prides used to be enemies in south african?

Vergewe pride. (Forgive)
Vergifnis pride. (Forgifnis)
Saam pride. (Together)
Vrede pride. (Peace)
Vriendskap pride. (Friendship)
Vyande pride. (Enemies)

Anyway. This is mostly me having some fun thinking of new names. So take it for what it is.
6 users Like Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

After the loss of his partner, the Styx Male, the solo Nkuhuma Male has been spending time with a Mhangeni lioness in the Western Sector.

5 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-28-2021, 02:36 PM)alvernon Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 02:08 PM)lionuk Wrote: The return of the Ximunghwe lioness’s daughter as you here she is alive and well after many believed her disappearance due to not being seen for a month, but it’s fantastic to see she is well. So happy to see her! 
Photo credit: Diffmarimane

*This image is copyright of its original author
You sure it isn’t gingerella?

Welcome to the forum @alvernon Yes, she looks like the Othawa sub-adult lioness.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-28-2021, 04:04 PM)Tonpa Wrote: So what do we call the pride now?
(10-28-2021, 04:43 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I honestly have no idea what's up with that. 
The code that runs that part of the forum must have issues identifying my location or something. The Netherlands should be the correct one. 

Hmm. Othawa and Ximhungwe forming a pride together. Any new cubs will be raised as a mixture of the prides rather than just the continuation of one. So a new name would be fitting.
Othungwe? Ximhawa?

Or perhaps something to remember that the two prides used to be enemies in south african?

Vergewe pride. (Forgive)
Vergifnis pride. (Forgifnis)
Saam pride. (Together)
Vrede pride. (Peace)
Vriendskap pride. (Friendship)
Vyande pride. (Enemies)

Anyway. This is mostly me having some fun thinking of new names. So take it for what it is.

Lets wait and see if this continues, them hanging together briefly doesnt mean that this will continue.

They are rival prides for many years, this Ximhungwe mothers where killed in a way by Othawas with Majingilanes and Othawas tookover territory of Ximhungwes after that, it would be quite story if this 2 females make new pride together.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 06:37 PM by Timbavati )

The last Nwalungu/Nkuhuma male at Londolozi Game Reserve
The Nkuhuma Male scans his surroundings and weighs up his options, looking for any potentially vulnerable individuals. We believe this male to be between 5 and a half to 6 years old, and recently lost his coalition partner, the Styx Male.
Photo credits: Robert Ball
NOTE: The Nkuhuma young male was born in May-early June 2016.
BLOG: https://blog.londolozi.com/2021/10/28/le...-buffalos/

12 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 07:56 PM by lionuk )

Kambula Pride

7 users Like lionuk's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

In any case. Aslong she has the scent of the ximhungwe lioness around her. The Othawas are sure to reject her.
Both lionesses must be feeling awfully alone right now, so its kinda nice they found eachother. I hope they continue this..

It seems more and more likely that Nym will take over the Mhangeni pride, if things stay the same. Lets hope he does not repeat Nguvus mistakes.
6 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-28-2021, 08:30 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: In any case. Aslong she has the scent of the ximhungwe lioness around her. The Othawas are sure to reject her.
Both lionesses must be feeling awfully alone right now, so its kinda nice they found eachother. I hope they continue this..

As I said before, window for Gingerella to be accepted back pass away, first time since Othawa females rejected her as she returned was sign that she will prob not be accepted back, they have new cubs now to take care of, and Tumbelas also dont have reason to accept her as she is still not in estrus.. She was in lose-lose situation, stay with their brothers and leave the pride , or take the risk of getting killed by Tumbelas..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/3 Talamati males 28th October
Photo credit: Dave Eastaugh

10 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

There are 9 of the Talamatis. They have been at a Zebra kill and now that the Meal is over they are relaxing. Dark Mane is not here. He had been on a Buffalo kill when this Zebra was caught and then he had some Kudu for dessert that he stole from Leopards. All in all the Lions are well fed now!

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 05:38 PM by lionuk )

Click 7:16 for Kambula lionesses with cubs and both Gowrie males. 

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Othawas with Limper on a giraffe kill:

Photo Credits : diffmarimane

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

1999gc8 Offline

(10-28-2021, 11:27 PM)lionuk Wrote: 1/3 Talamati males 28th October
Photo credit: Dave Eastaugh