There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

(10-23-2021, 06:42 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Styx pride
Posted by Sabi Sabi 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVVeIXLoMws/?

[insta] tags are apparently still not working. @Timbavati please fix it, I would be thankful.

It already seems to work. Greetings!
6 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-23-2021, 02:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: You guys cant compare Majingilanes, who where only 1 year in their reign down to 3, otherwise they where for almost 7 years 4 males strong and Bboys, who are now over 2 years down to 2 and past their prime.
We can because strenght of the competition is equally important as strenght of the coalition we are judging. I doesn't matter if it is 2vs2 or 4vs4. It is not like Birminghams being down to 2 had to compate with 4 prime Selatis.

(10-23-2021, 02:55 AM)Gijima Wrote: The discussion about offspring too is not always fair. In this generation of lions even lone males can easily raise up 20 cubs to adulthood.
That is why I pointed out that we have to distinguish being successfull from being strong. As you pointed out even single male can raise a lot of offspring into adulthood if he has low enough ammount and strenght of the competition (example of being not strong, but still successfull) and even big and strong coalition can be unsuccessfull if it will encounter even bigger and stronger competition.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Tumbela male lion is looking stronger than ever as he strikes a pose overlooking the Sand River.
Photo credits: Ranger Stu

*This image is copyright of its original author
13 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-23-2021, 06:42 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Styx pride
Posted by Sabi Sabi 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVVeIXLoMws/

[insta] tags are apparently still not working. @Timbavati please fix it, I would be thankful.

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

I already fixed your post my friend.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Othawa pride at a kill

7 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Plains camp male lion EP area

*This image is copyright of its original author
12 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Some serious growth this year ey
4 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-22-2021, 01:22 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Pretty much. For them its how society works and its perfectly normal during a pride takeover attempt. 

I was more making a character description.

Description, assassination, or perhaps just simply degradation?
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Some serious growth this year ey

Those boys are absolute tanks, for sure.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-24-2021, 01:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Some serious growth this year ey

Those boys are absolute tanks, for sure.

I couldn't be more agree my friend!
4 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
Thumbs Down 

It's been reported that Othawa pride might have lost 5 cubs as only one has been seen today with three lionesses..
2 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

By who?
3 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 02:45 AM by lionuk )

Diff. Might not be true, but only 1 cub was seen with 3 lionesses and 5 others were nowhere to be seen. Hopefully it's not the crocodiles..
We will have to wait and see very soon.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That's a pity if confirmed. 

I wonder what happened though. Aside from the crocodiles there weren't any reports of them clashing with hyenas or rival lions in the area. And losing 5 is not a small number. I can get someone snagging one or two before the rest flees to safety. But 5? Perhaps they were trampled in a hunting accident?
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Are you talking about this picture? Did he say the others were missing? 

3 users Like Tonpa's post